www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:32 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hi All,

I'm planning my first trip to CR in March/April and I've decided on SL for the part of my stay that's in San Jose... I've looked over the available rooms and I was wondering which rooms you all prefer and why before I book one for myself.

I'll also be staying in Jaco for a couple of days (primarily for non-mongering activities nearby) and it looks like taking a bus down there from the downtown terminal is cheap and convenient. Is that something I should set up myself or can I get help from the hotel staff for it?

Thanks in advance...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:51 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I always book in the Mansion wing, preferably El Mono or Toro Negro. The bed posts in El Mono can be especially fun. Puma is ok, but has a couple of issues. First, there always seems to be someone outside on the terrace (outside your window) talking loudly at 7am in the morning. Second, the short flight up the stairs into the bathroom can be a drunk trap.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:54 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I am partial to the Jaguar room, the newest in the mansion wing. They repurposed the old Thai Massage space. The room isn't huge and only has a queen size bed but I like the layout and the walk-in shower. It is isolated from the other rooms as it is across the hall so there are few noise issues. Also there is a nice sitting lounge area with comfortable couches right outside the room.

It is priced similar to the more expensive rooms in the Modern wing.

That said, I love the larger Mansion wing rooms but they are a bit to expensive for me for a stay around a week or so. I just don't spend that much time in the room except in the bed. The Jacuzzis are great if you find the right chica that enjoys splashing around.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:10 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

On my first trip I stayed in one of the rooms in the bar area. I forget the room name but I was a newbie and didn’t know any better. Never again. I’m sure it’s cool if you like to party and don’t mind the whole bar knowing what you’re up to :wink:

I like the clubhouse side now myself. Quieter, less expensive. Don’t have to walk through the bar to get to the room…

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:44 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thanks to all, good food for thought.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:51 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I like Mirador due to the big window with a view. It is on the second floor, so you have privacy from peepers.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:46 am 

Amistad on the Clubhouse side is a very nice room. My only issue is that I hate trying to negotiate getting in and out of that tub / shower after a couple of drinks. In my old age, I am pretty much trying to get rooms with walk-in showers if possible. It is quiet and gets great wi-fi reception due to it's location near the front desk.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:21 am 

Do NOT book a room by the bar.