www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tamarindo
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:16 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I usually stay at the SL but have also at Taormina which is very nice. Am thinking of heading to Tamarindo for a few days when I come back at end of Feb. Can anyone give me tips on the best way to travel? Hotel suggestions? Are the ticas good ?

Thanks friends

Post subject: Re: Tamarindo
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:26 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I have stayed at both the Diria and the Best Western in Tamarindo. Both were nice but that was probably 5 years ago. The Best Western had nice rooms, a pretty good restaurant and a bar and is kind of on the outskirts of town. If memory serves, it was probably a ten minute walk to the main area downtown. The Diria was VERY nice, albeit a lot more expensive and was pretty much in the center of things and right on the beach.

I don't know if either resort was friendly to unregistered guests as I brought someone with me both times. If you are discreet you could probably get away with it by hitting the hotel bar with your chica and then sliding in to your room.

When I was there, the bars (including the Best Western) had a rotating party each night of the week. This would draw many locals and tourists. No idea what nightlife is like during the Covid restrictions. You are not going to find many obvious P4P women there but some will be strolling around. The ones I saw were a bit past their sell-by date and not incredibly attractive. You might have some luck on Skokka or Badoo.

If you are younger and have some game, you might be able to hit on a tourist. Many single women or groups of women travel to Costa Rica. I saw a lot of European tourists, including unaccompanied women when I was there but again, that was a long time ago and pre-Covid.

It is a great place to visit. A beautiful beach, nice restaurants (a bit pricey) and some fun bars. It makes for a nice break from San Jose but I wouldn't count on getting laid unless you bring your own.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:43 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Thanks! Very informative :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:06 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Caribe Shuttle is a pretty good way to get there…it’s a mini-bus that holds around 8 people, it has air conditioning and WIFI…they will pick you at your hotel and take you to Tamarindo, it takes around 5-6 hrs with a 30 minute stop at a rest area

Here’s the link

https://www.caribeshuttle.com/transport ... y-shuttles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:55 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Thank you !