www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:27 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hey everyone, first time coming through CR. I have a week booked for Jaco, but I'll be staying in San Jose on friday night after an 8pm flight arrival.

Is it worth it to stay that night at SL, or just take it easier and save my money for Jaco?

I cannot tell if theres a curfew in place, which would be an issue since i've got to get through customs, taxi and settled in before getting back out of my room.

I'm guessing there's no action in the mornings?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:37 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

superfast wrote:
Hey everyone, first time coming through CR. I have a week booked for Jaco, but I'll be staying in San Jose on friday night after an 8pm flight arrival.

Is it worth it to stay that night at SL, or just take it easier and save my money for Jaco?

I cannot tell if theres a curfew in place, which would be an issue since i've got to get through customs, taxi and settled in before getting back out of my room.

I'm guessing there's no action in the mornings?

SL is great, but for just one night after an evening arrival, that's a 30 minute (or longer) slog in the wrong direction. I would, personally, just head straight to Jaco. If you can arrange to spend 2 or 3 nights at SL, it becomes a much better option.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:51 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:10 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

If your flight is on time. which is kind of iffy given the airline problems the past week or so, you should be able to clear customs pretty quickly at that time. With little traffic you could be at the Sportsmens by 9:30 or before giving you about an hour or so to find a suitable companion for a couple of hours.

If you head to Jaco, you will might get there by 11 or so. By the time you check in to the hotel your only option will be the chicas hanging around at the entrance to the Cocal.

If you decide to go straight to Jaco, be sure to prearrange your transportation or you will get gouged by the taxis at the airport at that time.

Enjoy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:00 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

You can never count on clearing Immigration quickly. I came in at 8 pm a few weeks ago, our plane was the only one arriving, but they had only two Immigration officers in the booths. Took almost an hour.

Frustrating – bar was just closing when I finally got to the hotel.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:03 pm 

bulldog10 wrote:
You can never count on clearing Immigration quickly. I came in at 8 pm a few weeks ago, our plane was the only one arriving, but they had only two Immigration officers in the booths. Took almost an hour.

I guess you have to make sure you're at the front of the plane and run to immigration :-)

Myself, I try to get in as early as possible. My Delta flight usually arrives before it gets too crowded. Any delays in Atlanta though and it can take a couple of hours to get through.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:43 pm 

Harddrive43228 wrote:
bulldog10 wrote:

I guess you have to make sure you're at the front of the plane and run to immigration :-)

Myself, I try to get in as early as possible. My Delta flight usually arrives before it gets too crowded. Any delays in Atlanta though and it can take a couple of hours to get through.

Well, the OP is "Superfast", not sure if he is referring to his speed in the airport or in the sack. :mrgreen: