www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 1:45 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

WakingUp wrote:
Book early if you want to go here. I've got a trip in a few weeks and I'm having difficulty finding dates. Many of their rooms are sold out.

Last year around October I booked within a few days and had zero issues.

I just looked at their website and there are lots of rooms available. That place only will block off rooms if there is a
large poker tournament happening or something similar going on. They always have availability. Which dates were you looking at ? They run under 50% average actual occupancy even in the high season. The rooms there are less than mediocre, even for CR standards.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 10:24 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Papito wrote:
WakingUp wrote:
Book early if you want to go here. I've got a trip in a few weeks and I'm having difficulty finding dates. Many of their rooms are sold out.

Last year around October I booked within a few days and had zero issues.

I just looked at their website and there are lots of rooms available. That place only will block off rooms if there is a
large poker tournament happening or something similar going on. They always have availability. Which dates were you looking at ? They run under 50% average actual occupancy even in the high season. The rooms there are less than mediocre, even for CR standards.

As an example, May 20-May 21 is sold out (https://i.ibb.co/YbVd4hz/example.png). I remember booking last time I was in CR 2-3 days before and I didn't have such issues, so I was surprised. Maybe there is a tournament going on now then.

I'm going to be in San Jose for about a week, so this time I got a nice condo via Airbnb while booking several overnight stays at Taormina spaced a day apart to let the batteries recharge so to speak. I think this will be a better vacation as it's in a good location with great views and a pool (something you won't get with Taormina, Castillo, or SL). To my surprise the trip is not that more expensive doing it like this.

I stayed at Taormina and Castillo last time, and sorry to say it but Taormina blew them out of the water at least as far as internet strength and the comfort of the bed. Although Castillo staff are friendly and the free food/drink via all inclusive is a great bargain, I won't stay at Castillo again after having no internet in the room (contrary to their website) and musky smelling sheets/pillows.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 11:13 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Just a note: If you look at the bookings via the hotel web site, you can see the individual dates they are filled. As of this morning, that was May 19, 20, 21 and June 2, 3.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:59 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

something to be said about guys who prefer "tow truck" drivers from Taormina.... :shock: