www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:38 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

what is the best area for the greatest density of usa,uk,canada,australia and other english speaking foreigners esp those of interest in cosmetic surgery(though not necessary) which is my reason for going there. Also i have been vaccinated but don't think i can put up with this health pass qr code as for one my cell phone don't work in costa rica nor anywhere outside usa.so can i get away with just my vaccination record ?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:42 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

zmth wrote:
what is the best area for the greatest density of usa,uk,canada,australia and other english speaking foreigners esp those of interest in cosmetic surgery(though not necessary) which is my reason for going there. Also i have been vaccinated but don't think i can put up with this health pass qr code as for one my cell phone don't work in costa rica nor anywhere outside usa.so can i get away with just my vaccination record ?

the airport

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:44 am 

zmth wrote:

You have to have the health pass to get into the country. But you can complete it before you get on your flight and print it and use the printed copy. You can only do it a day or two at the most before your flight to CR, and you could do it on a phone or computer even, print the results and they can scan the QR code off your paper copy.

If they let you on the plane without it you will have to complete it before you are allowed to get into the country when you arrive. If you do that you would have to do it on a phone as far as I know. I did see people trying to complete it as you need it to get through the line at immigration into Costa Rica.

You only need your vaccination record to allow you in without purchasing or having the Covid insurance. So proving your vaccination status is entered on the health pass and when you use the health pass as you enter the country they then know you have been vaccinated, or if not, that you have the required insurance.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:30 am 

As far as "gringo" concentration I would guess that Escazu probably has the most per capita but I haven't seen any official demographic breakdowns.

I always take a printed copy of my QR code and my vaccination card. I also download an image (PDF) of each onto my phone. You should not have an issue accessing those on your phone even if you don't have a network connection.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:51 am 

Harddrive43228 wrote:
As far as "gringo" concentration I would guess that Escazu probably has the most per capita but I haven't seen any official demographic breakdowns.

I always take a printed copy of my QR code and my vaccination card. I also download an image (PDF) of each onto my phone. You should not have an issue accessing those on your phone even if you don't have a network connection.

I've done the same...but it can be a bit tricky. I thought I had downloaded it, and perhaps it was on my phone somewhere, but when I had to show it when I had no wifi or network connection it didn't come up.

So on my phone I make sure to save it to a file, check that I can find and access that file while off-line (in airplane mode for example). I also put a link to it right on my home screen...whatever you call that. I'm talking about an Android system phone.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:48 am 

Escazu, Sabana, Rohrmoser.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:19 pm 

Netgems wrote:
Escazu, Sabana, Rohrmoser.

Even more in Santa Ana