www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:25 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

The reason they have been packed with men and have few women, they have been severely limiting the number of women they admit into the bar due to the 50% capacity restriction. Since the hotel was pretty much at full occupancy late October / early November they had a very limited number of "seats" available for single women due to the number of guests there eating and drinking.

I expect this to all change in December. I did speak to Manfred after Halloween and it was their intention to require vaccinations for all patrons in December so that they could increase bar capacity to 100%. As with anything in Costa Rica, that plan could change especially if the "mandate" is delayed until May. When and if this does happen, I would expect the chica numbers to return to normal (mas or menos).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:32 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Harddrive43228 wrote:
The reason they have been packed with men and have few women, they have been severely limiting the number of women they admit into the bar due to the 50% capacity restriction. Since the hotel was pretty much at full occupancy late October / early November they had a very limited number of "seats" available for single women due to the number of guests there eating and drinking.

I expect this to all change in December. I did speak to Manfred after Halloween and it was their intention to require vaccinations for all patrons in December so that they could increase bar capacity to 100%. As with anything in Costa Rica, that plan could change especially if the "mandate" is delayed until May. When and if this does happen, I would expect the chica numbers to return to normal (mas or menos).

Appreciate the heads up! I wasn’t aware they were doing this.

Ended up checking into the Taormina today, so we’ll see how that is. The Sportsmens was okay, but not really my kind of crowd and I wasn’t finding myself attracted to the women there. That’s all just a matter of personal taste though. Totally subjective.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:06 pm 

It really doesn't matter where you stay as you can easily walk between the SL, Castillo and Taormina in the daytime or can take an overpriced taxi for 2 mil colones (about $3.50) at night. For the most part, when I was down there a few weeks ago, it was pretty much the same women rotating between the three venues. They went where the guys were (and where they could get in).

I found the same issue you found at the SL at the main bar in the Taormina. Because of all of the guests wanting access to the bar, there was very little room available for the women because of the limited capacity. One time I was in there and there were about 20 guys and three women. I found the best prospects at the Taormina were usually in the overflow bar (the old poker room).

Also don't forget to check out Hotel Little Havana bar. It's a really short walk from the Castillo and Taormina and you will find an occasional good one in there.

Regardless you will have a great time.

Enjoy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:09 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Harddrive43228 wrote:
It really doesn't matter where you stay as you can easily walk between the SL, Castillo and Taormina in the daytime or can take an overpriced taxi for 2 mil colones (about $3.50) at night. For the most part, when I was down there a few weeks ago, it was pretty much the same women rotating between the three venues. They went where the guys were (and where they could get in).

I found the same issue you found at the SL at the main bar in the Taormina. Because of all of the guests wanting access to the bar, there was very little room available for the women because of the limited capacity. One time I was in there and there were about 20 guys and three women. I found the best prospects at the Taormina were usually in the overflow bar (the old poker room).

Also don't forget to check out Hotel Little Havana bar. It's a really short walk from the Castillo and Taormina and you will find an occasional good one in there.

Regardless you will have a great time.

Enjoy

Thanks so much and really great advice! I can’t say much to add to it in fact. Like you I just walk between the places except when I’m carrying a bag (literally, not a bad date) in which case I grab an Uber. There have been a lot of women I like at the Taormina, but that could just be a time and place thing. It’s very true that many seem to circulate, however SL appears to have a couple exclusives. I checked out the Little Havana for sure! I kind of like places like that that remind me of the grungy days back in the 90’s. Lot of massage places around the RLD too, but I think covid knocked a few out of business.

One important distinction between the T and the S&L, Sportsmens gets packed and nobody wears masks. You hear a lot of talk about not liking vaccines too. Taormina is a relatively strict culture with the masks. I make no judgement one way or the other on that choice, but honestly I kind of like the masks since I need a clear test to get back home for work. That’s just me. You do you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:38 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

How much are the girls charging in Sportsman Lodge ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:50 pm 

Pinoydave wrote:

Last I heard around $300.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:59 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

BondTrader wrote:
Pinoydave wrote:

Hahah Phuck outta here. Haven’t been to SL since 2018 but even the hottest there and HDR were cool with 80. Gonna try for 80 again but I know the cien boys have me dead to rights. Either way, going to have a blast. Good luck!

To be clear— I know 300 is an exaggeration but I’m devastated by the rise in prices. Jaco will be even pricier for this sucker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:50 pm 

JS187 wrote:
BondTrader wrote:
Pinoydave wrote:

Hahah Phuck outta here. Haven’t been to SL since 2018 but even the hottest there and HDR were cool with 80. Gonna try for 80 again but I know the cien boys have me dead to rights. Either way, going to have a blast. Good luck!

To be clear— I know 300 is an exaggeration but I’m devastated by the rise in prices. Jaco will be even pricier for this sucker

Most of the better looking bar girls won't come off cien and one told me $120 and I told her no, lol.

Of course closing time and no paycheck for hanging around and buying drinks all night and now an upcoming Uber expense might change that... :lol: :cry:

Another one gave me a stern lecture for offering $80, it started with her asking "How much you gonna pay me?" and I said $80, like always, because I had been with her before years ago for $80 per pounding.

She told me "Times have changed!!!" and proceeded to give me a rebuke and admonishment and dressing down, but I agreed to her demand for cien because she was a super hot provider when not bitching or complaining... :roll:

She then proceeded to rock my world for cien with outstanding gfe, dfk, bbbj and all the other anacronyms we know and maybe some others honeymoon treatment for a couple hours, what a difference $20 makes, lol... :mrgreen: