www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:54 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Jackal wrote:
RicoGuapo wrote:
I narrowly dodged a bullet that if I had received a false positive, I would have been stuck quarantined in my room at SL for 14 more days.

Now that would of sucked, at least you made it. All's well that ends well.

I don't see how you "dodged a bullet that if you had received a false positive"

Doesn't matter where you take the test, if you get a false positive you will have to quarantine. Nothing to do with SL.

As far as forgetting about the holiday Monday... that is a screw up. It would have been good if they had picked up the cab cost.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:10 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Zeos wrote:

I don't see how you "dodged a bullet that if you had received a false positive"

Doesn't matter where you take the test, if you get a false positive you will have to quarantine. Nothing to do with SL.

I was referring to the fact that the process at the lab was so chaotic to the point that any outcome, including a false positive caused by receiving someone else's results, would not have been surprising... to the point that I felt like I narrowly dodged a bullet by receiving a desired negative test result. That part had nothing to do with SL directly (and I didn't say it did) but everything to do with increasing my level of aggrevation and stress over the entire debacle that was advertised to have taken place from the comfort of my hotel.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:30 am 

Usually the Sportsmens has very good customer service but they really dropped the ball this time. I think they have some newer folks working the front desk right now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:49 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I had a similar experience with the testing, I decided to stay at Castillo this time for two weeks. Sportsman stuck me with the driver bill after the driver got lost for 30 minutes finding the lab.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:52 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

funny, but after traveling to CR sooooooooooooooooooooo many times and encountering the " It's a Costa Rica holiday" I can reassure you that I do extended searched on Costa Rica holiday. just a word for the wise. I find that hard to blame the sportsmen lodge especially when you had three days prior to departure. check and double check, you're on tico time. Please don't "THOSE" blame the failures o the Lodge.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:12 am 

Here is a list of holidays for 2021. There are two in August.

https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/costa-rica/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:28 pm 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
No no no no no. He did keep asking them and they did keep confirming. If they didn't keep confirming would be different. :(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:22 pm 

TheGreatGatsby wrote:
I had a similar experience with the testing, I decided to stay at Castillo this time for two weeks. Sportsman stuck me with the driver bill after the driver got lost for 30 minutes finding the lab.

Wise choice.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:15 pm 

Does Hotel Castillo provide testing on Saturdays? I will be there next week and not sure testing Monday is enough time for a Tuesday departure.

The offsite testing links are useful and appreciated here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:23 am 

GFO wrote:
Does Hotel Castillo provide testing on Saturdays? I will be there next week and not sure testing Monday is enough time for a Tuesday departure.

I believe that they will come out on Saturday but that might be a problem for a Tuesday flight as I believe you have to be within a 72 hour window and that is cutting it pretty close given all f the flight delays / cancellations we are seeing. You might ask them at the Castillo if Sunday is available? I believe Rudy is the one that coordinates the tests.

If you get the Antigen test on Monday you should have the results back in a couple of hours. The last two times I was at the Castillo hey were in the lobby around 10 am for the testing. I had the results via email right after lunch.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:51 am 

GFO wrote:

When I was there in April the Castillo did have testing on the Saturday before our departure which was Tuesday. It all went well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:10 am 

Thanks for the help JMS and Harddrive. I emailed Darrin at HC and he confirmed testing can be arranged on Saturday.

For future reference here is a link explaining 3 days vs. 72 hours.

https://ticotimes.net/2021/02/22/fyi-u- ... e-travel-2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:58 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

This is exactly the sort of story that makes me think it’s just not worth the hassle until things return to normal…..

I stress about the taxi not turning up to take me to the airport……. Throw in the worry of getting back a dubious test result…….
Just going to ruin the holiday

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:45 am 

Pinoydave wrote:
This is exactly the sort of story that makes me think it’s just not worth the hassle until things return to normal…..

I stress about the taxi not turning up to take me to the airport……. Throw in the worry of getting back a dubious test result…….

I have a feeling if you are waiting for things to return to "normal, ie. be as they were pre-Covid, you are going to be staying home for a long time. You might as well adjust to the way things are are not sweat the small stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:26 pm 

Pinoydave wrote:

Use the Puffs tissues with lotion. No testing worries, no taxi worries. Actual sex with real women is not for everyone. Just stay away from the shotguns.

Enjoy your staycation!