www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:40 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

FYI for those interested: Some airline frequent flier programs will pay the cost of the Global Entry application/renewal fee. I don't know how other airlines handle it, but with United, if you pay the fee with a United Explorer credit card, they will reimburse you the $100 fee on your credit card statement.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:44 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thanks for sharing that tip about renewing passports with Global Entry! It's always great to discover ways to save some cash. Speaking of which, did you know that some airline frequent flyer programs cover the cost of the Global Entry application or renewal fee? Pretty sweet deal, right?
For instance, if you're flying with United, using a United Explorer credit card allows you to pay the fee upfront. But here's the cherry on top: United will reimburse you the $100 fee on your credit card statement! Talk about a win-win situation.
Oh, and by the way, I stumbled upon this website that offers well-made fake IDs online. Check it out if you want to enhance your security and privacy.

Last edited by SonofWind on Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:01 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

SonofWind wrote:
Thanks for sharing that tip about renewing passports with Global Entry! It's always great to discover ways to save some cash. Speaking of which, did you know that some airline frequent flyer programs cover the cost of the Global Entry application or renewal fee? Pretty sweet deal, right?

Son of wind - Enlighten us, which airline’s frequent flyer program is reimbursing you the $100 global entry fee or are you stating that you’re able to redeem miles and or points to get that $100 reimbursement ?

Ricoguapo it sounds like you’re taking advantage of the Chase co-branded United explorer CC benefits . You’re correct there is quite a few of these airline co-branded credit cards that are eligible all these CC however will have an annual fee. Once the $100 is charged to card, you get a credit to your acct. within 1-2 billing statements every 4 years,

Keep in mind if you happen to have multiple CC that offer the GE $100 credit you can also pay for family or friends as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:35 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

TF74 wrote:
SonofWind wrote:

Son of wind - Enlighten us, which airline’s frequent flyer program is reimbursing you the $100 global entry fee or are you stating that you’re able to redeem miles and or points to get that $100 reimbursement ?

American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve and Citi AA Exec Mastercard all reimburse the cost of the GE fee. There are many cards with this benefit.

As to paying TSA Pre fees with miles/points: https://thepointsguy.com/guide/how-to-g ... lear-free/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:51 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

[quote="SonofWind" did you know that some airline frequent flyer programs cover the cost of the Global Entry application or renewal fee [/quote]

I'm thinking maybe a certain Airline Status pays this fee as a benefit, with no credit card and no miles needed.

This was my question ?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:36 am 

TF74 wrote:
SonofWind wrote:
did you know that some airline frequent flyer programs cover the cost of the Global Entry application or renewal fee

I'm thinking maybe a certain Airline Status pays this fee as a benefit, with no credit card and no miles needed.

This was my question ?

Miamiheller wrote:
As to paying TSA Pre fees with miles/points: https://thepointsguy.com/guide/how-to-g ... lear-free/
Scroll down to the "Your miles can pay for TSA PreCheck and Global Entry" section for more info.

AFAIK paying with miles/points is how you can get GE (or TSA Pre) fees "paid" by an airline (or hotel) status/miles program. Not sure if any airline status program pays your GE / TSA Pre fees when you reach a certain status, although I'm mostly familiar with AA's loyalty program.

Perhaps SonofWind could clarify if Delta's, United's or another loyalty program pays the fee for you once you reach a certain status?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:53 am 

Miamiheller wrote:
TF74 wrote:
SonofWind wrote:
did you know that some airline frequent flyer programs cover the cost of the Global Entry application or renewal fee

This was my question ?

Miamiheller wrote:
Scroll down to the "Your miles can pay for TSA PreCheck and Global Entry" section for more info.

AFAIK paying with miles/points is how you can get GE (or TSA Pre) fees "paid" by an airline (or hotel) status/miles program. Not sure if any airline status program pays your GE / TSA Pre fees when you reach a certain status, although I'm mostly familiar with AA's loyalty program.

Perhaps SonofWind could clarify if Delta's, United's or another loyalty program pays the fee for you once you reach a certain status?

It's not a Delta FF benefit at least up to the Platinum level. I believe all of the Delta branded Amex cards include a $100 statement credit every 5 years for GE or TSA Precheck. They do have a discount for Platinum members for Clear but it's not that great.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:15 pm 

Harddrive43228 wrote:
It's not a Delta FF benefit at least up to the Platinum level. I believe all of the Delta branded Amex cards include a $100 statement credit every 5 years for GE or TSA Precheck. They do have a discount for Platinum members for Clear but it's not that great.

Thanks!

FWIW - Amex Platinum and Chase Sapphire Reserve also include a $100 credit for GE/TSA. I took advantage of Delta's discount price for Clear and signed up using my Amex Plat, which also gives a credit for Clear separate from the GE/TSA one.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:01 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Quote:

HD & MH it appears SOW updated and edited his post and is just using Crtl C & V (Copy/Paste) from RicoGuapo posts ... very strong chance another spammer and is also now trying hook us up with his Fake ID Plug … I’m guessing he will be soon telling us how the game of cricket is so great :lol:

HD - I did some research on Delta’s website and found that Delta Diamond status members gets access to Clear complimentary and then its discounted to $149 for all other medallions members.