www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 4:36 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

as of yesterday May 23, 2021.

In case anyone was interested in a Hotel like La Oficina that charges by the hour if you need to get a quick jump and don’t have a hotel or your apartment isn’t available. First of all it’s open 24/7. Though I can’t lie and say it would be easy to get to after the 9 pm restriction but if you’ve been around the “gulch” before and know some people, there are “Taxi’s” that will take your there.
1 hour costs 6500 colones or approximately $10.54 USD, 2 hours is 7800 colones or approximately $12.66 USD and for all night “Todo la noche” is 10,000 colones or approximately $16.22 USD. In addition to cash they accept Credit or Debit cards...Let me say this, I ‘ve been there, is it the Taj Mal, of course not, but the bed was clean, the shower worked fine, the towels were clean and nobody bothered us..I don’t think they have a refrigerator in the room so if you bring something to drink...put in in a cooler or bag with ice.

The address is Av 9, Amón, San José, Costa Rica. Basically if you know where the Auto Mercado is on Calle Number 3 you would go past the Auto Mercado on Calle 3 until you hit the intersection of Avenida 9, you take a slight left turn and it’s right there..a red hotel with signs on it with prices by the hour.

Last edited by bfpsu12 on Tue May 25, 2021 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:10 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Great info. Putting it in my roladicks for sure. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 11:29 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Good info, their rooms are as nice or nicer than Monica's and the old Zona Blue, they also have nice big showers.

That hood's relatively safe daytime, walk there no problemo, don't be strolling around there after dark, get a ride.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 6:24 am 

I thought that regular taxis were exempt from the driving restrictions. Has that changed?

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 8:35 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Harddrive43228 wrote:
I thought that regular taxis were exempt from the driving restrictions. Has that changed?

You might be right about that....I’m not a big fan of the Taxi Rojos-Red Taxi’s... some of them are basically crooks but I’ve met some nice drivers...I prefer Uber which isn’t available after the restriction. Cleaner, better service and cheaper.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 10:15 am 

I do prefer uber but they are definitely not allowed to drive after curfew. I find the red taxis will usually try to take advantage around the gringo venues but overall most will turn on the meter when asked.

That said, even when the are ripping you off in the gulch. They are usually hitting you up for 2K colones. Thats less than 4 bucks. I'm not going to sweat that.

Now I imagine fares rise dramatically after curfew since they arethe only transportation option unless you have a rental car.