www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:38 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I am seriously contemplating just booking something last minute and leaving in the next day or two. tickets are inexpensive and nothing exciting for me at the moment for new years. most likely going to go solo.

I have dug around on the board for a couple of hours and can't make a clear decision on either landing and going straight to jaco or staying at SL in San Jose. obviously I would buy the membership on here. that seems like a no brainer.

San Jose is def more convenient logistically. just get off the plane and start having fun. rooms seem a little less expensive in SJ with some nice discounts right now. although if jaco is better quality with more options (which seems to have been suggested in some posts and by a friend that seems to really prefer jaco over SJ) I would rather head that direction for my few days. budget is less of a deciding factor than getting the most out of my few days.

so, hit me with your opinions. given the repercussions from covid which would be the better option. my main motives are to drink, eat, and find the best quality companionship possible. maybe since it seems bars still close early some TLN all nighters. if I find time for other activities in between and some sight seeing that is a bonus.

1. few days in jaco vs San Jose? prob won't do both this trip.

2. where do you suggest for best quality chicas? I prefer a place I can bring the girl back to my room as opposed to brothel or MP. I like being in my own surroundings.

3. it doesn't seem like airbnbs are popular with you guys on here. kind of curious why that is... some pretty nice places for around 50 a night. are they usually not Chica friendly? or is it a pain having to taxi to the bar and taxi back with whoever you scored?

4. any other advice or suggestions to a CR newbie with very little time to plan his trip I am all ears. dates will be something like 30th to the 4th

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:58 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

First be aware the CR government is tightening restrictions over New Years. Restaurants such as Sportsmans or Cocal will be required to close at 7:00 pm on New Years Eve. January 1,2,3 they close at 8:00. Monday the 4th goes back to 10:00 pm weekday closing.

Doesn’t mean you can’t have fun, just that you need to have advance planning for when the bar closes early. Have some liquor in the room, line up some girls…

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:06 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

thanks for the reply.

I think im ok with that but since I haven't finalized my booking. let me add an option... I could do a trip to the DR for similar monies. I live in florida and neither destination is expensive. is anyone in the know if the scene is a little more lively in DR post covid?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:15 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Just be advised that the restrictions in the Dominican Republic are currently STRICTER than those in San Jose as far as bar closing hours etc. From what I can gather, the last drinks are sold at 6pm, establishments must close by 7pm and you have to be off the street and home by 9pm. There are a few places that stretch the rules but they are few and not guaranteed to be operating.

One thing though is the DR does NOT have an insurance requirement but I would recommend anyone traveling these days have some medical and repatriation insurance.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:18 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

If quality is the goal and budget not a top priority, probably Jaco, but Chicas will ask for twice as much. Doesn’t mean they won’t agree to a reasonable price, but might take some negotiation. And the room will be twice as much and the taxi at least twice as much. Which means a few hundred bucks. Comes down to your priorities and budget.

For ease of just bringing a girl back to your room book Cocal. It’s an expensive option, but the easy choice. Chica friendly hotel choices in Jaco have been diminishing in recent years. You really have to call Cocal to book. Cocal website lists prices then links to reserving the 3 BR condos. No way to find out single room availability without calling or emailing.

I have been in San Jose twice in last two months staying at SL. Best chica choices I have seen in a while. Not a bad option at all.

I think either choice will be good. One of those things, some will rate SJ over Jaco and another will flip it. Bottom line either will be good.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:45 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

thank you for the replies guys

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:44 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I have been to SJ a few times over the years and I’m personally not a fan of the massage spots..HDR was my prime location but I wouldn’t stay there. HDR is nothing like it was 13 years ago when I first went and it’s getting slower every visit. My last trip in 2019 I tried out Jaco for 5 nights and only 1 night in SJ... I felt like it was a huge downgrade to leave Jaco to go to SJ for the last night. First...Me and my buddy stayed at the Diamante Del Sol which was nice 3br condo with a view...in SJ I was at the Castillo which was ok but it was like going from steak to hot dogs / Champagne to malt liquor.
The women at the Cocal provide a lil something for everyone no matter your taste...however some can mercenaries.. just like HDR. I loved the atmosphere there.. if you were a HDR fan than the Cocal is the place for you. The daytime action slow and at times non existent in Jaco. Not mention the main venue is outside so a nice down pour can ruin or at least slow down the party. Jaco is a bit more expensive..but I give myself a big budget so it doesn’t affect me too much. In a nutshell... I would go to Jaco. SJ just doesn’t have much energy anymore. If it’s quality Chica you want (9s and 10s) the cocal is the place to be.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:36 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Landed at the cocal Friday Jan 1st in the morning. It was pretty slow until about 5 pm and the scoring opportunity window was until about 7 when the bars shut down. I was able to get a TLN for 300 with a cute Afro Latina. Now the bar closes at 7 but you can still order takeout until 10pm. Today is already looking more active than yesterday. Will report back with tonight’s activities tomorrow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:39 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

There’s been some stragglers lingering since this morning but that was obviously the reserve squad. The prime time talent is starting to trickle in so things should be better than yesterday

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:23 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

mem de sa wrote:
There’s been some stragglers lingering since this morning but that was obviously the reserve squad. The prime time talent is starting to trickle in so things should be better than yesterday

Word got around there are gringos in town "negotiating" down to double rates. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Of course, if I had been in pu*sy prison for 10+ months, I would be forking it out too. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:59 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Location: Pérez Zeledón home of possibly thee most beautiful women in the world.
Until something comes along to replace the HDR (IF it does): I would definitely hit Jacó over San Jose.
Lots more pu**y (Cocal), a lot more good restaurants nearby and you've got the beach as San Hoesay can be a boring, dirty mo fo in the daytime.
Hotel South Beach highly recommended w/some cool bars to the south along the beach.
AirB&B: no issues with guests.
Uber it. F the rojos as they'll hose you every chance they get.

Costa Rica: We make easy, hard........

Hoe Dog koo koo ka choo