www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hlh gone way downhill
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:07 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

So wanting something different, I stayed at the HLH the other night, a whopping 3 girls in the bar, total of 4 combined on a scale of 1-10! The only one attractive enough to even both chatting with was the hot little bartender!
Got up to my room, decent bath, 2 bedroom loft unit! Go check out the loft. It's hot and has no bathroom, I'm not walking down these stairs after drinking to pee! So I will stay downstairs! Decent enough safe, but it's key operated, damn! Ok, go to unload my bag but first check the door, key doesn't work! Shit! Go to the office and they end up moving me to a smaller room. Ok normal bs blah blah....
Next morning checkout at 8am, room rate hasn't changed. Damn it! Ok it's Costa Rica! Give the guy my card, oh we only take cash! Phuck really? It's 2019, I know it's Costa Rica and still 1980 something with more cars, but everyone takes cards!!!!! So I take out a 100 dollar bill, "oh we don't have change"! WTF come on really, not even 5000 colones??????? Who runs a business like that???????
I will keep spending my money at Sportsman's!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:00 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Sorry to hear. I stayed there about two years ago. When I was there, I had a good time, although the talent was not SL or HDR levels.

I'll have to drop in next time I'm there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:39 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I do not know what has happened to the place but I have not been in town for a few years but have always had a great time going back to when the fat dude was there and you had to walk up the stairs to get to the bar. We had a group of 5 that went into HLH at about 7:30 on a Saturday. There was one Gringo with a girl at the bar and a few Ticos there that had the girls all tied up. It was the first time ever that we were not approached by any of the working girls as they were too busy drinking with the Ticos. It almost felt like we were intruding on a private party. There was a DJ there that had music way to loud and was playing things that none of us had ever heard. We all had 1 beer and left as we had zero attention from anyone. I do not know what time the solo gringo made it there, but we were hoping he would leave so one of us could get a chance with the girl he was with as she was the best looking one there. I stopped by again on Sunday and walked right out, doubt if I will be back again though. We did end up having some fun at Alcazar and 3 of us ended up taking girls and getting their info for a possible meet up later. Anyway sad to see how things are changing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:51 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Just to be clear, you guys are talking about the bar at Hotel Little Havanna and not what used to be Zona II (I forget the name now, but similar name to HLH). My experience at Zona is not as stated above...and talking recently....so want to be sure.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:13 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Zona 2 is closed. Hotel Little Havana aka Scores was next door to Zona 2. Back in the day it was Zona Blue then transformed to Hotel Little Havana. Jimmy took over the Zona 2 side that had the cigar place in it and made the bar at the bottom of the old steps. Apparently this had something to do with electricity being used and not paid for. Scores now Hotel Little Havana opened in the other half that had the bedrooms without any windows.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:46 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Last 2 trips I have had good luck at HLH on week day afternoons, around 2p-3p. 4-6 available ladies. Around 4p the Locals start pouring in and the ladies get busy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:27 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

nosejelly wrote:
week day afternoons, around 2p-3p. 4-6 available ladies. Around 4p the Locals start pouring in and the ladies get busy.

That might be the best way to hit the place now before they get wrapped up with the locals buying them drinks.