www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:14 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hey gang

Experienced hobbyist but first time to CR

I am planning a trip and trying to pick a hotel. After a fair bit of research on these boards I've narrowed it down to Castillo and Sportsmens

Can you let me know what security is like at these hotels?
Let's say I've found a guest in the SL bar or went to Blue Marlin and came back to Castillo with a lady, what is the process for bringing up her up to my room (security checks / registrations, etc) ?
I see a lot of posts about exchange rates and colones; however from my understanding the chicas generally accept USD. If I pay chicas in USD is there any reason for me to exchange to colones? If at all possible I would prefer to use a credit card for most of my expenses

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:45 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

You are going to take a beating on your exchange using a credit card. Maybe not so much from your credit card issuer but from anyone who accepts it. You can certainly pay the girls in US dollars and your hotel bill as there are surcharges for credit card use. Other than that paying in colones will save you a fair amount of $$ especially if they are only giving you 500-1 instead of closer to the 570-1, thats about 15% right there. Security at the SL is better but you any girl you take to Costillo has to go past the front desk anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:04 am 

he's a fat gay idiot so I'm guessing he's used to a good beating :lol:
oh and SL has excellent security ime
armed and on the ball

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:23 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

oh shit I was actually asking which is more discrete re: chicas when i was asking what has better security, is the implication that security is actually something i should worry about (either in the bar/lobby, or some1 breaking into my room)?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:43 am 

maybe Amistad has the best discretion
if people are at SL its like walk of shame stuff and people take bets on quick she'll be back out
only times I ever heard of anything going wrong in any of those hotels it was a girl flipping out or stealing
don't really think you have anything to worry about w security IN the hotel
on the surrounding streets is another story

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:54 pm 

At the Castillo and La Amisted Hotels the front door is barred most of the time and you have to be buzzed in. If you bring a chica to the hotel she has to leave her cedula (ID card) at the front desk. In your room you have a safe.
You can usually pay chicas in dollars or colones just confirm that when you pick her up.
Your hotel bills at the gringo hotels want payment in dollars in cash. If you pay with a credit card they charge extra. At local places you go to it is best to pay in colones or else they will convert you dollars at a very bad rate.

There is nothing either good or bad
but thinking makes it so.
HAMLET

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:18 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

How much extra do they charge for credit cards?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:38 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

This reminds me of one time when I went with a buddy to the DR and he found a chica he wanted to take back to LA. She insisted on 100 USD. My buddy really wanted her so he offered 60,000 Colones. She turned him down and would not budge from her quote of 100 USD. The exchange rate was about 560 Colones per 1 USD. Hooker math at its best!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:10 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

goldhoff wrote:
How much extra do they charge for credit cards?

It's an additional 6 percent and is equivilent to the high fees MC & Visa charge in Costa Rica. It is noted on the sign above the LA reception desk.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:39 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I took your original post as security for safety as well...but reading though not what you meant.

As mentioned, you can be more discreet At Castillo. Castillo has a bar area but it usually has an handful or less of folks there (including employees)

Sportsman depending on the room you get, you will either be a room right off the bar or where you have to walk through the bar area and the Bar area is usually pretty busy starting at around noon and busier in the evenings.

At Sprotsman the lady will need to show her ID and sign in; at Castillo she will need to hand over her ID to the front desk to be given back when she leaves.

I usually pay in US dollars for their time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:27 pm 

Be sure to put the items in the refrigerator away (I usually use the dresser). It could end up costing for items "walking away".

I could really care less if people are watching/talking about what I do. I assume that I had more fun than those who were talking about it. :lol:

I cannot speak for other hotels, because I have only stayed at the SL. I will be back to "my home away from home", the SL, on Wednesday.

Obviously, my vote is for the SL. Bill, and his staff run a first rate hotel.

Health & happiness to all.............

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:48 pm 

Gentlemen,

I cannot speak for the other hotels mentioned in this post, however I can for Sportsmens Lodge.

We have a minimum 5 security guards on duty at night between 6PM and 6AM. Plus a minimum 2 security guards in the daytime hours. We have 48 security cameras running 24 hours a day throughout the entire Sportsmens Lodge Hotel. We do not skimp on security and never will! We protect our paying guests.

Thanks,
Bill
Sportsmens Lodge

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:11 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Bill and all the staff at SL are 100% top notch! Never a problem with security there! BUT lock your stuff in the safe, be a smart traveler, not a stupid tourist! Will be back to visit all my friends on the 11th! :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:29 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

You will feel like you are the president at the Sportsmen's

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:55 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Ydogi wrote:
You will feel like you are the president at the Sportsmen's

I
Bill Clinton
President or jimmy Carter?