www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:22 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I just booked my flight from NY to CR in mid march. After reading these great stories i canceled my trip to Dominican Republic and rescheduled to CR. I am coming with five other friends. We love chicas and golf so i was going to stay at the Hotel Herradura. I figured my trip would consist of golf in the morning and MPin the evening. Not knowing the area, should i stay at Herradura and cab it into San Jose or stay in town and cab it to play golf? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:41 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Slat,
This is a no brainer. If psossible, stay at the El Presidente. You are going to make the trip to golf once during any given day. The SJ action can and will(trust me) be done many...many.. time during the day & night. El Pres. also give a very good breakfest as well. All your local needs and action are in walking distance from the Pres. Plus no Chica fee which can mount up. Also ask for the new section.
Give Wendy an email: info@hotel-presidente.com
She will take care. Anything more email me.
Ttiggerr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:10 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Slats,

While the el Presidente is a good choice do not think it is the only one you should consider. Check out previous posts on Del Rey, Sportsman Lodge, Hotel Amon. While some may be a little more $ than the Presidente do not think that going to effect your decision since you are considering the Herradura (last I knew $160.00 to $390.00 per night).

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:09 am 

Location: I don't know where I'm going, but I sure know where I've been.
On the other hand, Slats, if you stay downtown, golf will likely become an after thought. Happened to me on my second visit to CR. Brought the clubs and it only insured that I had to go to baggage claim, slowing my arrival into town. So, if you decide to stay downtown, leave the clubs at home. The only club you need will be the "Wood Driver." :lol:

Wishing you many "hole in ones." Or "ones in hole."

dapanz1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:21 am 

Slats- IMHO, every first-timer's stay should be at the Del Rey, just for the easy access and immediate convenience to all the fun, among other things. Once you are more comfortable and have gotten over the intial excitement and novelty of the first trip, local hotels as the ones mentioned by Ding Dong are all great.

Just a thought... In the end, ALL of Ding's suggestions will work out fine for you and your buddies.

Ruffnutz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:03 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

i appreciate the advice. i'm begining to think golf is a second thought after reading all these postings. Besides it's a silly game; whats the sense when SJ is the best 19th hole i'll ever play..... i'm leanin towards staying in town....thanks again