www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:45 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

A REVIEW OF SPORTSMENS LODGE
BY: CHICAGOGUY

WOW......HOW CAN I SAY ENOUGH GOOD THING ABOUT SPORTSMENS LODGE.

ARRIVED OF JANUARY 6TH AT 6pm WAS MET UPON ARRIVAL BY THE OWNER BILL ALEXANDER, WHO I HAD SPOKEN TO BY TELEPHONE PRIOR TO MY ARRIVAL...WHAT A GREAT GUY AND HOST, ANYTHING I NEEDED WAS ADDRESSED AND TAKEN CARE OF IMMEDIATELY.

I WILL SAY THAT THIS WILL BE THE ONE AND ONLY PLACE I WILL STAYING ON MY FUTURE TRIPS TO OUR ADULT PLAYGROUND.

THE STAFF AT SPORTSMENS ARE ALL VERY COURTEOUS, FRIENDLY, PROFESSIONAL WHO GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO ENSURE YOUR STAY IS A PLEASANT ONE. iN ADDITION TO BILL AND HIS GIRLFRIEND KARRINA, THEIR DAY TIME GENERAL MANAGER RAY A TEN YEAR RESIDENT OF COSTA RICA WAS EXTREMELY HELPFUL DURING OUR ENTIRE STAY.....LET ME GIVE YOU A COUPLE OF EXAMPLES OF GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND.....

1) ON MY 1ST NIGHT IN COSTA RICA, I WAS PICKPOCKETED (MY STUPIDITY)....I LOST $500 IN CASH AND MY CREDIT CARDS, UPON HEARING THIS BILL AND RAY BOTH OFFERED TO TAKE ME TO THE POLICIA STATION TO FILE A REPORT, WHICH RAY DID, TRANSLATING EVERYTHING FOR ME AS MY ESPANOL NEED SOME WORK.

2) UPON CHECKING OUT, I OBVOUSLY HAD A PROBLEM, NOT HAVING A CREDIT CARD, AFTER SPEAKING WITH MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY, RAY COMPLETELY HANDLED THE TRANSACTION BY TELEPHONE FOR ME.

THE BARTENDERS HEIDI, MARGIE, SHARON AND CAROL TREATED ME AS I WAS PART OF THE FAMILY IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY ENSURING MY EXPERIENCE WAS A PLEASANT ONE.

WANDA THE EVENING MANAGER, WHAT A SWEETIE..THE KIND OF LADY YOU WANT TO JUST PACK UP AND TAKE HOME WITH YOU.....

ONLY ONE NEGATIVE I CAN THINK OF REGARDING THIS PLACE, IT IS GOING TO BE TOUGH TO GET A FUTURE RESERVATION HERE WITHOUT A COUPLE OF MONTHS NOTICE. RECOMMEND YOU GIVE YOURSELF PLENTY OF TIME PRIOR TO YOUR TRIP IF YOU WANT TO STAY THERE...IF YOU WANT TO SPOIL YOURSELF AND MAYBE A COUPLE OF LADIES, BE SURE TO STAY IN THE SUITE DE PRESEDENCIAL FOR A FEW DAYS AS I DID, BEAUTIFUL ACCOMODATIONS......

SIDE NOTE:::
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A FISHING TRIP, BE SURE TO HAVE BILL HOOK YOU UP WITH MAURICIO (PROVATE DRIVER)...GREAT GUY

SPORTSMENS LODGE REALLY REMINDED ME OF A BED AND BREAKFAST IN A SMALL TOWN, FAR ENOUGH FROM THE GULCH TO HAVE THE SMALL TOWN FEEL, BUT A CLOSE ENOUGH WALK (5 BLOCKS) OR A 500 COLONE CAB RIDE TO FIND WHAT YOU WANT AT DEL REY, BLUE MARLIN, AND KEY LARGO. ALSO, 4 BLOCK WALK FROM ZONA BLUE AND 3 BLOCKS FROM NEW FANTASY...

IN CONCLUSION, ALTHOUGH I LOST A WALLET, ALL OF MY CREDIT CARDS, AND $500 IN CASH, THIS DID NOT DETER ME IN ANY WAY FROM HAVING A GREAT TIME ON MY 1ST OF MANY TRPS TO CR.

THANKS TO BILL AND HIS GIRLFRIEND KATTRINA FOR THEIR HOSPITALITY AND A GREAT LAST NIGHT AT TANGO INDIA (THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE VIP TREATMENT)

THANKS TO ALL OF THE NEW FRIENDS I MET, SLUTHOG, TEXAS ROLEX, TMAN, BLAISE (HOPE I SPELLED RIGHT), LVSTEVE, PITTSBURGH BOYS, TRUE SPORTSMEN AND ALL OF THE OTHER GUYS I MET FOR MAKING ME FEEL SO WELCOME.....

TMAN, THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP ON THE FLOR DE CANA.....AWESOME....

HOPE TO SEE ALL OF YOU AGAIN ON MY NEXT TRIP TO PARADISE......

LOOK FOR MY TRIP REPORT OVER THE WEEKEND......

SIGNED,
CHICAGOGUY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:20 pm 

hey chicago guy,it's a testament to your lodging report and attitude that even though you had the misfortune to be robbed,the good vibe's you had in costa rica outweighed the bad......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:32 pm 

OSGOOD,

NO DOUBT ABOUT THE GOOD OUTWEIGHING THE BAD.......
HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE $ 500 BY THE NEXT DAY........
WHY DWELL, ONLY MONEY......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:01 pm 

Chicago guy, thanks for the review. Just in case you don't know but writing in all CAPITAL letters means that you are yelling or shouting. Someone will construe it as being rude. We certainly don't want you to get a sore throat from all this yelling. :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:09 pm 

sorry about the cap locks guys.... :oops: :oops: ...typing is not my best forte........will not do so in future postings or my large trip report this weekend......look for it, will be a good one.

Chicagoguy 8) 8) :D :D 8) 8)

Post subject: Sportsmen Lodge
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:04 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

ChicagoGuy,

Do you have contact information or a website address for this place?

Happy Hunting,

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:29 am 

JD

here is the web site, e-maiul for Bill and telephone number, hope you have fun....I know I did

website www.sportsmenscr.com
Bill's Personal e-mail: bill@sportsmenscr.com
Telephone 011-506-221-2533

Hope this helps

Chicagoguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:35 am 

I just stayed there for my third time this weekend after returning from the States. Needed some time in the city before returning to Jaco. After 6 years I enjoy staying here more than any of the other hotels. Being smaller it has a homier atmosphere. I arrived at 10pm Friday night and had a girl by 11. She hangs out at the Sportsmen most nights and was really a nice girl. We sat around and shot the sh*t in Spanish for a couple of hours before getting down to business. She wasn't in any hurry and ended up staying the night and taking care of me in the morning. She's 18 and quite attractive. good experience. They are doing a good job of getting more girls into the bar. A lot of times it is a timing issue. The girls come by and the guys aren't here and then sometimes there are a lot of guys and no girls. This will get better and better I think. The only problem is like Chicago guy said. Soon, it will be hard to get in here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:39 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Can someone post exactly exactly how many rooms the Sportmans Lodge has and what type of rooms or suites each one is? I've seen the rooms on their site, but wasn't sure if they have more than one of each type of some of their rooms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:42 pm 

1) Presedentail Suite (very nice)
1) Junior Suite (very nice)
10) Other rooms, ranging in size, but all very decent nice rooms....

You can always e-mail Bill at the e-mail address posted above for more information.....

Chicagoguy