www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:10 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Anyone know if chicas are allowed in this one?Got a good package from Expedia for Thanksgiving weekend,from map it,s like 2 blocks from the Del rey,also anyone can provide rates for them,cannot get from Expedia,would like to get into Del Rey if at all possible and good price.I,ll wait for answers before i book!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:23 pm 
Sleep Inn is a few years old, a very very nice, modern quiet American type hotel, 100 meters from the DR. But $30 or $35 chica fee. PM me and I can tell you a little more that will help. For most of us, staying at the DR is not an option because of better options. For most of us, neither is the Sleep Inn due to the fee. But the DR has an "elevator fee" also, not as bad as Sleep Inn but $10-13 if I remember.

Your other good options would be Sportsmen's, at least most of the rooms anyway; Armistad is very popular right now due to their all inclusive w/ food thing they have going--and supposedly really good food which is a rarity in SJ. Hotel Little Havana gets alot of guys.
Mona Lisa is also a very good optiuon. Just saw today they have a $49 special going. Built as a hotel, I'd say -3 stars American grade (I'd grade it 3+) and no fees, quiet close.

Your first trip U will be spending less then 8 hrs a day in the room anyway so what the heck, wherever U choose to lay your head will be a blur when U get on the jet home.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:24 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

vlg wrote:
Anyone know if chicas are allowed in this one?Got a good package from Expedia for Thanksgiving weekend,from map it,s like 2 blocks from the Del rey,also anyone can provide rates for them,cannot get from Expedia,would like to get into Del Rey if at all possible and good price.I,ll wait for answers before i book!

It's literally almost next door to the Del Rey. A couple of folks here always recommend it because of the proximity and it's up to US hotel standards.

There's a chica fee though - I believe it's $35 per chica.

mh

P.S. 2012 report on the Sleep Inn: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=40044

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:10 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Has the Castillo gone so far that its not mentioned as a viable option?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:22 pm 
Not by me, and I also forgot the Dunn Inn as a nice option. If I needed a hotel in SJ in the near future, I'm sure I'd do the $49 special at the Mona Lisa, to me that's the deal to be had for the $$.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:46 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Did the $49 special at the Mona Lisa in Feb. Rooms are nice and large. Staff at the ML are very helpful. Ask the front desk if it was ok to bring 2 chicas to my room, no problem. I think they were disappointed I was only bringing 2 :shock: :shock: :shock:

cheers,
Attila

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:15 pm 

Miamiheller wrote:
vlg wrote:

It's literally almost next door to the Del Rey. A couple of folks here always recommend it because of the proximity and it's up to US hotel standards.

There's a chica fee though - I believe it's $35 per chica.

mh

P.S. 2012 report on the Sleep Inn: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=40044

True - that was the cost earlier this year - so if you plan on 2 (or more :shock: ) per day, it gets pricey - the fee is also plus 13.??% tax.

Nice, American style hotel, nice rooms, breakfast, workout room, great location if you prefer that part of the gulch - Friends have stayed there so I visited the hotel, they said the breakfast was good.

Personally, I think w/ the fee, and the normal rate for the room (my friends paid about $100/night with tax), it can get a tad expensive - for what you get - and if your a "2 a day guy", you are @ about $180 a day, and I don't think the place is worth that price.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:20 pm 

SpeakNo wrote:
Has the Castillo gone so far that its not mentioned as a viable option?

No, I think Castillo is still definitely a viable option for budget accommodations for sure. Know several guys that stay there regularly. Hard to beat the location, price and size of the rooms.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:32 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

My friends stay at Sleep Inn for the convenience to the HDR. I stay at La Amistad for the jucuzzi suites :D and the no guest fee.

The chica fee is definately $35 at Sleep Inn and only 1 at a time.

They get the Senior rate on-line for $81/night plus 13% tax. Think the regular on-line rate is around $90/night plus 13% tax.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:33 pm 

Trimologist wrote:
My friends stay at Sleep Inn for the convenience to the HDR. I stay at La Amistad for the juccuzi suites :D and the no guest fee.

The chica fee is definitely $35 at Sleep Inn and only 1 at a time.

They get the Senior rate on-line for $81/night plus 13% tax. Think the regular on-line rate is around $90/night plus 13% tax.

Sleep Inn is fine if you want convenience, don't like a walk, and money is no object. A great alternative to those who don't mind paying the extra $35 chica fee and can wobble their way back from the DR.
Ail things considered, it could be a great option, depending on how many chicas you can do and your expenses.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:09 am 

Thanks for all the advice,and after reading more of this board i booked room at the Mona Lisa.The Manager personally talked to me and i felt comfortable with the offer.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:13 am 

I have stayed there twice now and I think you are going to be happy with your choice. Nice place, great service, great location for other activities.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:00 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

The Senior rate at Sleep Inn is for anyone 60 and older. My friends say they never check ID's to verify the Senior rate (I think the mgmt is just glad to have the business).

But then again, with so many other good options, I will never stay at SI.

Yet again, another example of to each their own. What's good for one is not necessarily good for all.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:17 am 

Trimologist wrote:
The Senior rate at Sleep Inn is for anyone 60 and older. My friends say they never check ID's to verify the Senior rate (I think the mgmt is just glad to have the business).

But then again, with so many other good options, I will never stay at SI.

Yet again, another example of to each their own. What's good for one is not necessarily good for all.

You know, you are right - but your friends need to broaden their horizons; there is a whole universe of options beyond the "Big 3" (HDR, HLH, Relax) Too many "don't know what they don't know" :wink:

I travel with a group every January that after over 15 years of visiting CR, they know little about San Jose beyond HDR and KL - and believe me, there is so much more to experience.

If I had to rely solely or mostly on the HDR, I would not visit :lol: :lol: :lol: But you are correct; to each their own, as am I on the "don't know what they don't know" statement :)