www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HLH or SL??
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:43 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Im a longtime CR traveller always have stayed at the HDR..but this time as I havent been back since 09..Wanted to Try either Sportsmans Lodge or Hotel Little Havana..can any one Fill me in on details..?.Which they prefer I know HLH is the Old Zona Blue..are Girls still avail? ..how about the action at SL ..last time I visited in 09 it was pretty quiet in there??.Really want to know from someone who has recent exp..at either place and can give me a good report-run-down..Thanks ,Baddog

Post subject: Re: HLH or SL??
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:43 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Spend a lot of time reading this board. I wasn't on the scene in '09, but I know that things are VERY different now compared to then, especially at the two venues that you mention.

I've spent a fair amount of time at both HLH and SL. I prefer HLH. Other guys would say the opposite. SL tends to be booked far in advance, so you may not have a choice. Boyd, the big guy who runs the HLH, is a Master of Entertainment who knows everything that you need to know. He'll be your best source of information wherever you choose to stay.

I see that you don't have a flag yet. You should invest in a CRT VIP membership before you go. The discounts will EASILY pay for the membership fee.

If you stay at HLH, the girls from the line-up there are $35 for an hour in your own room. Best deal in town, as Boyd says. And it's true. A lot of guys say that there are several all-stars who work there every day. I agree, and I'd be glad to recommend a few.

HLH is a fixed-price venue even though the girls are independent contractors. At HLH, you can bring in girls from anywhere to your own room with no chica fee if you are a CRT VIP member. HLH is NOT the old ZB. Only the building is the same.

At SL, you negotiate the price with the girls there, just like the DR. At SL, there is also no chica fee to bring in girls from other places to your own room.

PM some questions to me and I'd be pleased to give you my opinions. You may need a VIP membership to use the PM feature here.

RAC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:07 am 

Quote:
PM some questions to me and I'd be pleased to give you my opinions. You may need a VIP membership to use the PM feature here.

No, you don't.

Code:
Which they prefer I know HLH is the Old Zona Blue..are Girls still avail? ..how about the action at SL ..last time I visited in 09 it was pretty quiet in there??.Really want to know from someone who has recent exp

My last trip to CR was in 2009, so I don't have recent experience. However, when I first started going to CR, if I was undecided between two places, I would split my time and try both. There is no substitute for first-hand experience. I liked SL a lot and enjoyed Little Havana when it was Hotel Zona Blue, but I have not visited HLH since its makeover.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:14 am 

Guys say that the makeover from ZB to HLH is amazing. I think that it is that remarkable because Boyd has taken over at HLH and changed a lot of practices there.

If the trip is for more than a couple of days, there can be substantial discounts on the room rates for longer stays at a particular place. Be sure to ask when making reservations.

RAC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:29 am 

Hey Boyd........

I expect that you'll keep on mowing my lawn for the rest of my life for all of the good things that I say about you on CRT.

If you're not willing, it's OK for you to send your sister to do it.

RAC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:48 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Baddog44 wrote:
Im a longtime CR traveller always have stayed at the HDR..but this time as I havent been back since 09..Wanted to Try either Sportsmans Lodge or Hotel Little Havana..can any one Fill me in on details..?.Which they prefer I know HLH is the Old Zona Blue..are Girls still avail? ..how about the action at SL ..last time I visited in 09 it was pretty quiet in there??.Really want to know from someone who has recent exp..at either place and can give me a good report-run-down..Thanks ,Baddog

B-dog,
i gotta go with RAC on this one. it can be hard to get a room at SL if you don't plan far enuf ahead, girls at both places are amazing and there are plenty of them. Bill and Danny run SL and are great guys and Boyd and Greg at HLH are the best in the business. rooms and beds at HLH and SL are much nicer than HDR and there's no chica fee for CRT members at SL or HLH but there is at HDR ($11).

see my report at http://costaricaticas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40084 for specifics on my recent trip

hope this helps!

kr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:56 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

You can't go wrong with either venue!! great people at both!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:45 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Was there about a month ago, stayed at Dunn because HLH and SL were booked, both are close to Dunn. I went to HLH first and never made it to SL so I can't give a comparison, but my next trip is already booked at HLH. Food is very good, great guys at the bar and the girls are awesome. I was hooked (pardon the pun) on my first visit when I looked up from my breakfast and saw Sammi changing from her street clothes to her "work" clothes, I didn't bother looking for the piece of bacon that fell out of my mouth. Boyd was great, I asked him about one of the girls who I had read a bad post or 2 about, he told my why some guys might not like her, or might write a bad post, I believe he was being honest, I really believe he wants everyone at HLH to have a good experience.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:28 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Both HLH and SL are head and shoulders above DR. You will be happy with either venue.

If I didn't know the "mamacita m@fia" (a network of known, good performers) that hangs out at SL, I would defer to HLH as the lineup there is outstanding. Each place has its own vibe, so I guess you have to spend some time both places and see what is more your style.
CH

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:04 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thanks for all the feedback..Ive decided to spend a few days at the HLH and a few days at my HOME since 98 the HDR..hate to bail on her after all those great years! LOL!..but Wanted to try some different stuff ..Will be going to La Fortuna for a couple oif days as well foir fishing..Hoping to find a GF ..whoo will come along..Shouldnt be too hard >>Gotta LOVE CR..GOD BLESS THAT PLACE!