www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:32 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

So I'm taking a long awaited vacation I'm coming to San Jose 14-19 Sept.

I've always stayed at the Castillo since before it opened. But mi favorita sent me a photo in a very nice AirBnB.

Obviously the advantage of the Castillo is the all inclusive (for me) plus the 'social aspect'*. Has anybody done the AirBnB route lately?

*Plus I like Matt.

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:39 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I would do Castillo or maybe Amistad. It has reopened and has been offering some dirt cheap rates on their Facebook page. They no longer have all inclusive at Amistad but they have been running some great specials and the staekhouse that operates there has a very good menu. I too like the social aspect and an Airbnb would just be a place to sleep for me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:25 pm 

MM3 wrote:
So I'm taking a long awaited vacation I'm coming to San Jose 14-19 Sept.

I've always stayed at the Castillo since before it opened. But mi favorita sent me a photo in a very nice AirBnB.

Obviously the advantage of the Castillo is the all inclusive (for me) plus the 'social aspect'*. Has anybody done the AirBnB route lately?

*Plus I like Matt.

Every Airbnb is different and you need to find out their policy on guests. I've stayed in several that do not permit guests other than those on your initial reservation.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:37 am 

If your plan is to 'wife up', go the AirBAnB route. Put your favorite on the registration. You will have nicer, more intimate surroundings.

If your plan is to party and socialize broadly, choose the Castillo. I bet you can get Matt to give you a reach around.

Side Note: There are BUILDING restrictions on guests and OWNER restrictions. I have a 3-year lease on my condo, and there are no restrictions. Basically, I have the same usage rights as the owner, it is written into the lease.

The building has restrictions on short term sublets (AirBNB, VRBO) to limit the number of guests these renters can have. This is to avoid mass parties where one person rents a unit for the weekend and invites 20+ people to a BBQ/Pool Party.

I also witnessed a couple who rented a unit and wanted to bring someone in for a 'couples massage' but the security guard denied this due to owner-specific guest rules.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:11 am 

Boynton wrote:
If your plan is to 'wife up', go the AirBAnB route. Put your favorite on the registration. You will have nicer, more intimate surroundings.

If your plan is to party and socialize broadly, choose the Castillo. I bet you can get Matt to give you a reach around.

Side Note: There are BUILDING restrictions on guests and OWNER restrictions. I have a 3-year lease on my condo, and there are no restrictions. Basically, I have the same usage rights as the owner, it is written into the lease.

The building has restrictions on short term sublets (AirBNB, VRBO) to limit the number of guests these renters can have. This is to avoid mass parties where one person rents a unit for the weekend and invites 20+ people to a BBQ/Pool Party.

I also witnessed a couple who rented a unit and wanted to bring someone in for a 'couples massage' but the security guard denied this due to owner-specific guest rules.

If I take a break from wifing up I know all the short options.

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:54 am 

After much thought I'm going the AirBnB route. I always strongly recommend the Castillo but we're going to play house.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:00 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I was just there in July but I stayed at the SL. When i checked out the Castillo, it seemed pretty dead to me for "social aspect" not many women hanging out.

Has it gotten better? I do like the all inclusive rate, I ended up paying an extra $500 on food and alcohol throughout my stay at SL. That $500 extra cost will make me reconsider the Castillo for my next trip.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:25 pm 

OP is comparing the Castillo to an AirBNB. Given this perspective, the Castillo is better for the 'social aspect' since it is close to the gulch, 100% chica friendly, and an easy place to hang out with like minded travelers. The nicer AirBNBs are away from the gulch, have tricky guest policies, and you are much more likely to rub elbows with tourists and their hobby hostile age-appropriate wives. But they are nicer for 'playing house' with a favorita.

As Forrest might say, "CR is like a box of chocolates".

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:34 pm 

Boynton wrote:
OP is comparing the Castillo to an AirBNB. Given this perspective, the Castillo is better for the 'social aspect' since it is close to the gulch, 100% chica friendly, and an easy place to hang out with like minded travelers. The nicer AirBNBs are away from the gulch, have tricky guest policies, and you are much more likely to rub elbows with tourists and their hobby hostile age-appropriate wives. But they are nicer for 'playing house' with a favorita.

As Forrest might say, "CR is like a box of chocolates".

I am certainly age inappropriate when it comes to chicas

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:40 pm 

Hank wrote:

I am certainly age inappropriate when it comes to chicas

Half my age minus ___!

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:21 pm 

Age is just a number. They love me regardless of my age. And my big fat ass just makes me more to love.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:28 pm 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
abe181275 wrote:
I was just there in July but I stayed at the SL. When i checked out the Castillo, it seemed pretty dead to me for "social aspect" not many women hanging out.

Has it gotten better? I do like the all inclusive rate, I ended up paying an extra $500 on food and alcohol throughout my stay at SL. That $500 extra cost will make me reconsider the Castillo for my next trip.

I like my personal space away from the hard core putas to dine and drink and relax then go hunting afterwards. When I last visited JAN 2021 there were so many chicas in Castillo I couldn't sit for dinner and drinks even at the bar however Del Rey then not open and maybe Taormina not so active so there were more chicas in Castillo. If it has thinned down now I welcome that, other places to go hunting.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:43 pm 

Puro Party wrote:
abe181275 wrote:

I like my personal space away from the hard core putas to dine and drink and relax then go hunting afterwards. When I last visited JAN 2021 there were so many chicas in Castillo I couldn't sit for dinner and drinks even at the bar however Del Rey then not open and maybe Taormina not so active so there were more chicas in Castillo. If it has thinned down now I welcome that, other places to go hunting.

Since the covid restrictions have been removed, Castillo has veery few chics. You can dine without being pestered now. And better service.