www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:52 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Jawanker wrote:
Does anyone know if the fitness center redo ever happened last month?

was told the fitness center redo is on hold until the restrictions are lifted in SanJose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:10 pm 

Thank you sir, for the info.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:34 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Is the pool table open for play now? Headed to SL this weekend and would like to bring my own cue.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:31 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

The pool table is back to being open

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:48 pm 

Thanks for the update Bulldog. Pool is a favorite pastime of mine in between Chicas and is one consideration for me before booking a room.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:06 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

They had to remove the pool table at SL due to health department regulations. I was there yesterday. Castillo may still have theirs. Did not check out the fitness center as I was working out in my room. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:00 pm 

Thats what I was told in August by a Chica at HC, Loco. According to her they took it out to create space for restaurant tables. Considering the 50% regulation this didn't make much sense. l will call the SL desk directly in the future before booking.

HC has a fine 7 ft slate table I had the pleasure of playing on in August. Danni works there and maintains the table and equipment. He plays a mean game also.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:35 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

During my July trip Bill told me the health department made them remove the pool table. They did put in a few new bar tables in the area that come in handy. I think they are spaced farther apart than they used to be due to capacity limitations and social distancing. They can be hard to get when there are a lot of people there.

The slate pool table at HC is very nice. Thought I saw Russ outside HC on my way to the airport Tuesday morning and I imagine he was there for a game or two.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:02 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Does anyone know if the sportmen lodge has a laundry room ? Is it free for guests?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:54 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Sportsmans will do your laundry but will charge you $2 -$3 per piece. They are very efficient, it is usually done in a couple hours.

$2 for each pair of underwear and pair of socks can add up to $20 or more in a hurry for a small load. But if the alternative is a bag that needs to be checked, the fees for a bag both ways can be $70

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:14 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

bulldog10 wrote:
Sportsmans will do your laundry but will charge you $2 -$3 per piece. They are very efficient, it is usually done in a couple hours. ------$2 for each pair of underwear and pair of socks can add up to $20 or more in a hurry for a small load. But if the alternative is a bag that needs to be checked, the fees for a bag both ways can be $70

I thought the same thing. it's is almost cheaper to have them do the laundry and fly with a carry on. Also you don't have to wait on a checked bag.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:31 pm 

pedro wrote:
bulldog10 wrote:
Sportsmans will do your laundry but will charge you $2 -$3 per piece. They are very efficient, it is usually done in a couple hours. ------$2 for each pair of underwear and pair of socks can add up to $20 or more in a hurry for a small load. But if the alternative is a bag that needs to be checked, the fees for a bag both ways can be $70

I thought the same thing. it's is almost cheaper to have them do the laundry and fly with a carry on. Also you don't have to wait on a checked bag.

I used to bring my worst duds and leave them. Then I replaced my skivvies and socks when I returned return home. Only laundered my guayaberas and cargo shorts.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:54 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

bulldog10 wrote:
Sportsmans will do your laundry but will charge you $2 -$3 per piece. They are very efficient, it is usually done in a couple hours.

$2 for each pair of underwear and pair of socks can add up to $20 or more in a hurry for a small load. But if the alternative is a bag that needs to be checked, the fees for a bag both ways can be $70

Oof, is that why my stay a few months ago was far more expensive than I anticipated? But it's no big deal. I enjoy the convenience and environment that Sportsman brings me!

What are some alternatives to washing your clothes in the area?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6