www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:07 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Looking for a hotel near the airport but one that won't raise eyebrows by my employeer. So no gluch hotels. Any recommendations espeically any that have a decent side door or parking garage where I can bring a guest straight up to my room? Or maybe direct garage access?

Last edited by bluesky31 on Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:20 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I doubt you will find any such hotel in Costa Rica. The side door might work for you, but it would also be exploited by every scammer and petty criminal in San Jose. Security issues would be huge. I personally would not stay in a hotel with that big of a security issue.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:25 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

bluesky31 wrote:
Looking for a hotel near the airport but one that won't raise eyebrows by my employeer. So no gluch hotels. Any recommendations espeically any that have a decent side door or parking garage where I can bring a guest straight up to my room?

Hotels require that any guest show their ID, and you may or may not be allowed to have such a guest, or you may be allowed but for a fee, etc.

And you want this setup for your own security.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:00 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

bluesky31 wrote:
Looking for a hotel near the airport but one that won't raise eyebrows by my employeer. So no gluch hotels. Any recommendations espeically any that have a decent side door or parking garage where I can bring a guest straight up to my room?

I stay at the Marriott Haceinda Balen near the airport. It is monger friendly (agnostic may be a better term there) and very nice. I have brought quite a few in. There are a bunch of side entrances and areas to get to your room without going through the reception area. I have used this hotel each time I come to Costa Rica. They have a shuttle to the airport as well and National Rental Car is walking distance away. It is a bit of a distance from the gulch, but being near the airport was more important to me. That and I am a big Marriott point person, so it tied into my needs.

Overall the hotel is really nice. Good rooms, a lot of places to drink and eat. I have come in with a girls (and when I have friends we have girls) and after play time we will meet up at the bar downstairs and the staff has been very helpful and treat us well. No odd looks or asks to leave. They just treat us well. No additional fees or anything like that.

I will say, the Marriott in Los Suenos by Jaco is NOT guest friendly. They have actively chased me and a girl around the property before, so I would say not all Marriotts are the same as it comes to allowing guests.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:44 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

continentaltraveler wrote:
bluesky31 wrote:

I stay at the Marriott Haceinda Balen near the airport. It is monger friendly (agnostic may be a better term there) and very nice. I have brought quite a few in. There are a bunch of side entrances and areas to get to your room without going through the reception area. I have used this hotel each time I come to Costa Rica. They have a shuttle to the airport as well and National Rental Car is walking distance away. It is a bit of a distance from the gulch, but being near the airport was more important to me. That and I am a big Marriott point person, so it tied into my needs.

Overall the hotel is really nice. Good rooms, a lot of places to drink and eat. I have come in with a girls (and when I have friends we have girls) and after play time we will meet up at the bar downstairs and the staff has been very helpful and treat us well. No odd looks or asks to leave. They just treat us well. No additional fees or anything like that.

I will say, the Marriott in Los Suenos by Jaco is NOT guest friendly. They have actively chased me and a girl around the property before, so I would say not all Marriotts are the same as it comes to allowing guests.

Thanks for the info and reply! Any other “western” hotels in the SJO area that are like the Marriot Hacienden Balen?