www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hotel Little Havana
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 5:29 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

This place has changed hands many times. The last time I was there in November, I was only one staying there which I don't mind. I am trying to get hold of someone but the numbers I had do not go through and their AOL messenger says they will get back but did not. It seemed like a BOT generated response. Any information to reach them will be greatly appreciated. THX

Post subject: Re: Hotel Little Havana
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 6:07 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Who is the latest owner? I like the place and have been around for many incarnations of the place, especially when they were involved with the place next door. Cuntvenient location in the Gultch and a good stop for a beer. Lots of local puss waiting to meet an overpaying American.

I saw a sign this week advertising rooms for $55.00 a night but many have no windows. Like staying in a closet.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 9:33 am 

I don't exactly know who the new owners are but a lady named Melanie is running it and may even be part owner. I still haven't gotten the contact information and their neighbor the cigar shop is not aware of their new phone number.
Some of the rooms have windows but the rest don't.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 1:08 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Lollypop54 wrote:
This place has changed hands many times. The last time I was there in November, I was only one staying there which I don't mind. I am trying to get hold of someone but the numbers I had do not go through and their AOL messenger says they will get back but did not. It seemed like a BOT generated response. Any information to reach them will be greatly appreciated. THX

Hey, I had the same problem tracking them down. Luckily I kept in touch with one of the chicas and she helped me get in touch. The new receptionist is Milena. Apparently they changed websites and numbers. They used to have a Florida based number you could call and link directly with their Costa Rica line. Not sure what happened to all of that. I'll try to find out and post it. But if you have whats app, call or message them at +506 7236 6281

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 2:28 pm 

I was able to get hold of them an hour ago when they gave me their new WhatsApp number. It's the same number that you have posted.
Thank you very much.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 11:14 pm 

It’s clean but the rooms are noisy. No windows except a couple of rooms. But a good value and close to the action. Bar food is decent.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 12:23 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I don't know why this place isn't more popular. I stayed there recently and found the rooms very satisfactory. Clean, good internet, good AC, no chica fees and only a block from Toarmina. If you would rather spend your money on chicas and not the hotel, this is a good option.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 1:30 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

grimeswilliam wrote:
I don't know why this place isn't more popular. I stayed there recently and found the rooms very satisfactory. Clean, good internet, good AC, no chica fees and only a block from Toarmina. If you would rather spend your money on chicas and not the hotel, this is a good option.

My thoughts exactly!! It's the only place I stay when I'm in San Jose

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 1:33 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Lollypop54 wrote:
I was able to get hold of them an hour ago when they gave me their new WhatsApp number. It's the same number that you have posted.
Thank you very much.

My pleasure. Glad you got in touch

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 6:16 am 

mdot wrote:
grimeswilliam wrote:

My thoughts exactly!! It's the only place I stay when I'm in San Jose

Agreed. It should be more popular. Close to everything, on premise pu*sy, down the street to Taormina, less than half the cost of SL, walk to all, including Monica’s.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 3:43 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Greetings, I stayed my 1st time at the HLH this May/2023 for 5 nites. I had room 27, 2nd floor.
The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly. I paid $42.00 USD/nite cash deal.
The room size is medium with cold A/C and a large bathroom. No window.
There's a nice bar/restaurant on site. Mostly a Tico hang-out place.
Depending on the bartender, the music can be very loud from 12pm to 10pm. I had to use head phones to watch a movie in the room to block out the music.
The front desk is only opened from approx. 10am - approx 4pm ish. There's a young Tico guy that is the general mgr with very good English.
After the front desk closes, so does the front entrance door/gate. To enter in the evening, you must ring the door bell.... hoping the bartender hears it over the music.
Once the bar closes. I figured you need to call someone staying there to open the front door.

My Rating = 6/10

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 7:13 pm 

[quote="Whitecat"]Who is the latest owner? I like the place and have been around for many incarnations of the place, especially when they were involved with the place next door. Cuntvenient location in the Gultch and a good stop for a beer. Lots of local puss waiting to meet an overpaying American.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They didn't find one with me. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Years ago I lived right up the street from them in that 6 floor blue building, I literally could walk there in three minutes. Since the girls can service a john in the rooms there, or leave at will, I would walk there and find many cuties and tell them $50 and a short walk up the street, none said no or countered with "cien".

Some would push for $60 and I would say $50, but surprise me and you get $60, I was in sales and commissions and bonuses in the USA and found offering incentives works...

In those ancient days many hoz at HDR and SL had developed attitudes, but almost all these girls were passive and sweet and pleasant, and the place is laid back and although small, easy to find a little dark hidey hole to sit and talk and cut a deal, and not feel pressure, and although much smaller than HDR and even SL back then, almost always there were 2 to 5 really sweet ones to choose from. I always said you only need one, if there's only three there but they all look good, works for me, I'm going in...one of them will be coming out of there with me in a half hour... 8)

I saw one I used to pick up often there in the day about a few months back at Taormina, I was happy to see her but she wouldn't budge off cien so neither did I, she could have scored a quick $60 with someone she knew and trusted, and line up future engagements as she and I clicked back then and I had seen her several times, but lost contact when I moved out west.

Who knows, maybe she sat out Taormina all night with no bites, there were a cool easy dozen hotties there and not many men circling around...maybe she went home with nada and could have had $60 to feed and diaper them Babi*s, and another $60 guaranteed the next month and who knows, she might have earned a spot in my rotational line up once again, I liked her a lot back then and she delivered in spades and was damn hot... :roll:

Glad I'm out of that game for now with my three loyal well trained regulars, those 'good old days" there and everywhere are now long gone... :x :x :x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:46 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Looks like the HLH Instagram page came back to life and they may be having a Pirate Party there today after 4:00 pm. I am not in CR now or I would check it out and try to get some pirate booty. Aways like to stop in for a few drinks.