www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:32 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I just changed my Delta flight to San Jose for next month so I wouldn't have such a tight connection in Atlanta. After I got the ticket confirmation I was offered some hotel deals from mid-October thru early November (Halloween included).

For those of you optimists that are coming down to San Jose for Halloween and are finding the Sportsmens and the Castillo (I already have reservations split between the two) totally booked, the Taormina had an special offer for a deluxe room with one king bed (their normal room) for $65 with breakfast included for two people. This does not include the 13% tax. I am assuming that you only get the second breakfast if you register with a second person but you never know.

One nice thing about staying at the Taormina is that in the past you were guaranteed access to their main bar (with a companion) despite any capacity restrictions. I would imagine this policy would still be in place.

While I definitely prefer the Sportsmens or the Castillo experience, if they are booked, this is a pretty good deal even with a $10 or $15 guest fee. If you still need a hotel for the Halloween timeframe you might want to check any offers that are made in conjunction with your airline.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:53 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Taormina is not a bad spot but it used to be much better before the extra puta charge. Convenient, decent rooms, food and drink close. Not 4 star but more than adequate for the sport. 2 blocks away is tranny central. I would think SL would be too crowded. I feel sorry for the guys who have rooms in the bar area. All the noise is 6 feet away from you.