www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hotell Castillo
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:58 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

What are the rooms like in the Hotel Castillo. Is it a fancy place? Are there fancier rooms on top with balconies? I never stayed there. I just went in the bar once 2 years ago during the day. They did not have the girls coming in like the lodge. The bar looked dead. Also I think you may have a narrow time window to get food from the kitchen but I am not sure.

Post subject: Re: Hotell Castillo
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:21 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

It’s a hotel with half the rooms opening outside to the city view, but within the hotel. The other rooms are interior corridor but not like a standard hotel. The rooms overall are comfortable and good sized.
It’s nice and airy for the most part.

The 3 penthouses on the top floor are the nicest with couches and a ton of space with semi private balconies accessible via stairs within the units.

The kitchen is open for breakfast from 7-9a then opens for lunch around 11. It closes around 8 now.
Call the front desk to verify those hours as they are subject to change.
For $10 a day, it’s hard to beat that deal for the all inclusive, food is good and beer and liquor a plenty.

The atmosphere is significantly different from 2 years ago, chicas on site from about noon to 9 with most activity in the late afternoon/ early evening at ‘getting’ time.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:49 pm 

Thanks for the info. Do you mean the atmosphere that is there now has the chicks on site getting time ? or they were that way 2 years ago?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:21 pm 

How are the 1st floor rooms? I have knee problems climbing stairs.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:56 am 

1st floor rooms are nice. Should be quiet at night with the bar closing so early now. I think curfew is 9pm.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:17 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

floridajohny wrote:
Thanks for the info. Do you mean the atmosphere that is there now has the chicks on site getting time ? or they were that way 2 years ago?

Girls on site now

2 years ago they were not allowed to graze freely in there

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:13 pm 

Hola currently been here for several days There is no shortage of Chicas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:49 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
kwadd wrote:
Hola currently been here for several days There is no shortage of Chicas

The "grazing" kind or are there some goodies too?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:50 pm 

Most grazing but between SL & Castillio you should be able to find a good time

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:10 am 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
When I was there in Jan. a highly aggressive Karina about sat on top of me without my permission plopping right down in a chair at my dinner table and immediately tried to get me go session. I waived her off with my mask and COVID fears. I don't like that aggressive stuff. She wasn't too overweight but late 30s and I not in the mood and just wanted to eat.

Gals like that if I am in the mood and ready if other options are slim I just want a quick BBBJ for less price than full session and be done with them. At least they got something.

Ewwwww Ewwwww que feo!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:26 am 

A good first floor room is #18. If the bar was open to midnight it might get a bit noisy as it is just opposite the pool table but with the early closing noise is really no issue. It is a larger room with a nice semi-covered balcony overlooking the zoo (that you can't really see).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:24 pm 

[quote="Harddrive43228"]A good first floor room is #18. If the bar was open to midnight it might get a bit noisy as it is just opposite the pool table but with the early closing noise is really no issue. It is a larger room with a nice semi-covered balcony overlooking the zoo (that you can't really see).[/quote]

What is the cost of #18 ? I have the Pool Room PH upstairs from the front desk rented November . The thing I don't like about the smaller rooms is there is no dining table or sofa to sit and drink with chicas.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:15 pm 

I believe they call the room a King Room with Balcony. I think that is the only room of that category. They also list a King SUITE with Balcony but I don't know what room(s) that might be. The list price for #18 is $129 plus $10 for the all inclusive and then add on taxes. That said, I have never paid anywhere near that amount but I usually stay at least a week.

Call the number on the website and speak to Darren the manager. He's a great guy and will talk you through all of the room options available for your darts.

I know you said you didn't want stairs but the Penthouse Suites have two large leather couches that recline.

You might also check the mansion wing at the Sportsmens. Most of those rooms have comfy couches and chairs as well as multi-person jacuzzis.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:48 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

SL, Castillo, and La Amistad are all converted mansions. If you have knee problems bad enough that even one flight of stairs is a problem your room choices are limited in all three. SL probably has the most no stairs options, Courtyard, Clubhouse, and with two steps, first floor of modern wing. Castillo has some first floor rooms near the bar.

All three hotels have great people at the front desk. Give them a call, they will be happy to discuss the room details.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:30 am 

bulldog10 wrote:
SL, Castillo, and La Amistad are all converted mansions. If you have knee problems bad enough that even one flight of stairs is a problem your room choices are limited in all three. SL probably has the most no stairs options, Courtyard, Clubhouse, and with two steps, first floor of modern wing. Castillo has some first floor rooms near the bar.

All three hotels have great people at the front desk. Give them a call, they will be happy to discuss the room details.

LaAmistad has some great accessible rooms over by the kitchen. I stayed there after before/after knee replacement surgery. Only one small step in the dining area. Room numbers in the 100's series.