www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:49 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I’m headed to Samara for some diving (first time in Costa Rica), and plan to spend a few extra days mongering around San Jose. From the threads I’ve found on here, SL seems like it’s in the thick of things, and not priced out of my budget. I’d like somewhere with easy access to girls and entertainment, and no extra fee for bringing someone back to your room. As far as I’m concerned, my main purpose for my trip will have been accomplished already, so the last few days will be dedicated to enjoying the more sensual side of the country, instead of blowing bubbles underwater. Any advice or recommendations are very much appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:38 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Taromina is taking over lately. Check it before you make a decision. They are close to each other.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:23 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I would recommend SL.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:19 am 

I would visit Taromina but stay at SL because of better security and no trannies allowed at SL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:17 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Whitecat wrote:
Taromina is taking over lately. Check it before you make a decision. They are close to each other.

I would never recommend anyone stay at the Taormina. I have had some of the worst experiences there on several different stays there out of any hotel I have ever stayed at. Maybe pick up one of the low end whores that frequent the Taormina, but I would definitely look at other lodging options.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:32 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Taormina has a fee chica too, don’t they…I could have sworn the last time I was in San Jose (June 2021)..I heard it was close to $15.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:45 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Hank wrote:
I would visit Taromina but stay at SL because of better security and no trannies allowed at SL

https://images.app.goo.gl/UEfAMmxH2KeDavbT9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:55 pm 

Not just for Newbies but Oldies too.

I can't think of any other place I would want to stay.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:16 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I stayed at Hotel Taormina 3 different times in June 2021
(2 nights each time)
&
I also stayed there 8 nights in July 2021.

Chica fee $10. when I was there.

No problems during my stays.

Credit cards accepted with NO extra fees/charges by the hotel.
That was beneficial for me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

BondTrader wrote:
Not just for Newbies but Oldies too.

+1000 what Bondtrader said for first trip.....it really takes all the hassle and unknowns away. The staff will help you with anything!

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No advice, tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:54 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I'm hearing all the chica's hang out at Taormina now. No Chica's at SL? Also Any Chica's come to SL during the day since there's a 9pm shutdown starting 9/18

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:26 am 

I was there back in July and the women pretty much moved between the Sportsmens, the Castillo and the Taormina depending upon where the Gringos were at the time.

I don't know if it is still the case but the Taormina management was severely restricting entry of women into the main bar. Pretty much they had to arrive by 1pm in order to get in and they forced the others into an overflow "bar" (the old poker room). There were a few nights when I went late that I could not get right into the main bar and had to wait for someone to leave. There really is usually better selection in the overflow bar and the women are a bit more desperate.

I love the Sportsmens, I have always enjoyed my stays there but they were being pretty strict enforcing capacity restrictions and masks in public. I don't know how strict they are right now but I will find out mid-October.

If you decide on the Castillo, be sure to get the all inclusive for an extra $10 per day. Can't beat that deal as food and drink in San Jose can be a bit pricey.

A few women will start coming to the Sportsmens pretty early (late morning) and at the Castillo around noon (pretty much when they open the bar). As I said above, women will start coming to the Taormina by 1pm to gain entrance to the main bar.

The bar shutdown was 9pm when I was there before and it pretty much just moves the activity forward. Be sure to get you food early as the kitchens close so their employees can get home. If you miss dinner, Uber Eats and other delivery services were going until midnight or so.

You will find that primetime in the bars moves to around dinner time.

I would not pick your hotel based on guessing where the women might be hanging out as most of them move from one place to another depending on the crowd. You can walk to any of the venues in only a few minutes. Also, if the SL and the Castillo are booked or there aren't any rooms that you want then I wouldn't be too concerned with the guest fee at the Taormina as the rooms are usually quite a bit cheaper if you book through one of the travel sites like booking.com. I know one time when I booked a trip on Delta airlines I was given a hotel option after I booked and the Taormina was only about $65 (before tax) including breakfast. So if you generally only take one (or two) women to the room per day, that is pretty much on par with the SL or the Castillo in price, even with the fee. It also guarantees you admittance to the main bar. I don't know what they are charging for a room these days during the pandemic though.

You will have a good time regardless of your hotel selection.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:21 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Everyone has different tastes, but honestly I haven’t seen many women that interest me at the SL over the last week. There are definitely ladies there, and the ugliest ones are sure to try a hustle while you’re trying to eat lunch, but the selection is very limited if you’re used to the old Del Ray days. It’s a good hotel though and I will stay again.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:59 am 

WW69 wrote:
Everyone has different tastes, but honestly I haven’t seen many women that interest me at the SL over the last week. There are definitely ladies there, and the ugliest ones are sure to try a hustle while you’re trying to eat lunch, but the selection is very limited if you’re used to the old Del Ray days. It’s a good hotel though and I will stay again.

I have to agree. Many ugly, old workhorse looking for a cien boy encounter at lunchtime. I don't look at them or interact with them since I am there for lunch, but they will still bug you. I don't go there at night.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:10 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Whitecat wrote:
WW69 wrote:

I have to agree. Many ugly, old workhorse looking for a cien boy encounter at lunchtime. I don't look at them or interact with them since I am there for lunch, but they will still bug you. I don't go there at night.

You’re smart not to go at night. Lately the place has been packed to the rafters with nothing but men. Not the kind of thing that interests me either.