www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:24 am 
Site Admin

All Questions should be sent via Private message to "The Admin" or via email info@costaricaticas.com

Per a request of an esteemed member our CRT VIP Card policy needed updating as well as our San Jose purchase and pick up options so below is a summation of what we have in place and what has been changed over the years, along with some frequently asked questions & answers.

Q: If I purchase a VIP card from your online payment system will you mail it to my home?

A: Upon check out you have 4 options to choose from on our internal system.
1. Send card to billing address.

2. Send Card to Alternate address

3. Save card for pick up in San Jose. (Note our only pick up location is the Sportsmens Lodge for cards purchased online. We will not deliver cards to any other location in San Jose)

4. Do not mail me a card at this time. I will provide date in the future when I need a card

The above is self explanatory. Note unless you choose options 1 or 2, nothing will be mailed to you.
VERY IMPORTANT If you use Pay pal to purchase, you will receive an email stating your Pay Pal confirmed mailing address will be used for shipment of card. If we do not receive a response in 48 hours notifying us this is incorrect the card will ship to that address. Please take note of this and update your pay pal mailing address more cards are lost due to improper pay pal addresses than anything else.

Q: How will my card be shipped

A: Your card will be shipped discretely in a plain white envelope with our corporate return address on the envelope. Nothing will reflect https://costaricaticas.com.

Q: I don't want to pay online for many reasons can I pay for and receive my card in San Jose.

A: Alternatively we can accept a check or money order, made payable and mailed to our company address in the United States. Please contact "The Admin" or via email info@costaricaticas.com for payment details. Sorry, cash payment is not an option.

Q: What goes on the VIP Card I want it to be discrete

A: Your Screen Name, Your email address & expiration date are the only things on the VIP Card. If you are concerned about security use a generic screen name & email that can't be traced back to you.

Q: Is my VIP card good for me only or can we book multiple rooms on it.

A: Due to the fact that we do not take any hotel commission on booked rooms, and the relatively low price of the cards, each individual booking a room must have his own VIP Card. They are not transferable and they are good for yourself only. Any misuse of the card, attempt to circumvent the system, etc will be termination of the account with no refunds.

Q: I heard you have a lifetime membership how much is it & how do I get it?

A: The lifetime membership was created as a perk for VIP members who are renewing and continue to support the site over the years. Some members up front want the Lifetime membership card from the very beginning. Cost for Lifetime membership as a renewal is $99.00. If you this is the first time purchasing a VIP Membership the cost is $138.00 which reflects your 1st year plus renewal for life. You may make this selection from the drop down menu on the direct payment check out screen. If you are already a member and wish to renew for life check this duplicate thread in the VIP Section with the direct link for this. choose from the drop down menu.

Q: Is my personal data shared with sponsors?

A: Sponsors, Hotels, etc, do not receive nor do they have any access to the VIP list of any kind. One on one situations are confirmed as needed but the only database of VIP's is maintained on our 128 Bit Secure server and nothing is shared with any 3rd party. You may occasionally receive email messages from CRT about member benefits. However, in no case is your information shared with a third party.

Q: Do I need my card number to make a hotel reservation?

A: You do not need anything to make a hotel reservation. Simply identify yourself as a VIP Member with our sponsors at the time of booking. You will however need to present a valid NON Expired VIP card upon check in with the particular hotel. Failure to do so will require you to pay full price on any hotel room you book.

A: I forgot or lost my VIP card can I get a replacement.

Q: Due to many instances of persons taking advantage of my generosity as well as using lost cards as a scam to have cards replaced for a buddy, all lost cards are now replaced via online payment to verify identity. Please contact "The Admin" or via email info@costaricaticas.com for payment details.

Q: I'm leaving very soon how quickly can you get me my card?

A: Cards are shipped normally within 2-5 business days from the east coast of the US. If you don't feel there is enough time to receive your card we always have the option of pick up in San Jose, or if you wish expedited service (Priority or overnight delivery) I'll be happy to do this for you, but at your cost. Please PM me or email me with any specific requests.

I'm fairly certain this covers most if not all of the questions regarding VIP Cards, their pick up & various policies. If there is something I left out please feel free to let me know and if there is something outside the scope of these FAQ's I'll be happy to address it on a one on one situation.

Thank you for your Continued Support!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:56 pm 
Wanted to make a shout out to all you great posters. I have been perusing the forums for a month in preparation for my 1 weeker in San Jose and up to Granada/Managua for 4 days. 2nd trip in 2 years - not a newbie, but not a hard core yet!

But the beef I had was my VIP had expired long ago and I had no way to renew it prior to coming which prevented me from asking some questions that I really needed to! With the partner at home, I could not pay with PayPal, credit card or check - nada. I had to have zero traceability. So I had to wait until today when I bought my VIP CRT access discount card at Sportsman Lodge.

This is a thank you for the info I geaned thus far and a nod to admin to see if they can somehow make it possible to buy the CRT VIP in advance with a super sleuth ability so nobody can trace where the payment went.

Sitting in the Amistad area and its raining. PURA VIDA!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:53 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I had this problem as well. Just FYI: Check out Entropay.com. It is a virutal credit card you can load and purchase things anonymously with.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:59 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Hi I am looking to pick up a VIP card on my next trip to CR May 11 thru 18. Do I need to do any thing else to make that happen?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:38 pm 
Site Admin

Chairman101 wrote:
Hi I am looking to pick up a VIP card on my next trip to CR May 11 thru 18. Do I need to do any thing else to make that happen?

You membership card is already waiting at the Sportsmens Lodge. They hold it as long as it is not expired. No other steps are necessary.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:45 pm 

The Admin wrote:
Chairman101 wrote:

You membership card is already waiting at the Sportsmens Lodge. They hold it as long as it is not expired. No other steps are necessary.

My VIP card is missing. Is there a way ti get a replacement. I'm coming to San Jose and staying at the sportsman, August 25-29. Gracias

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:37 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Who is the person or the email address to get a replacement card. No luck from pm's to two different admins.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:43 pm 
Site Admin

Admin 1 wrote:
All Questions should be sent via Private message to "The Admin" or via email info@costaricaticas.com

I would be happy to arrange your replacement card. I sent you instructions via PM. However, I am sorry the other Admin accounts in the forum are not routinely monitored.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:22 pm 

Not monitored???

Really :?: :?:

No foolin' :!: :!:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:11 am 

My guess is, the Admin1 is saying, "it is best to contact directly rather than through a forum post" to get the quickest results. IMHO

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:25 pm 
Site Admin

True Sportsman wrote:
My guess is, the Admin1 is saying, "it is best to contact directly rather than through a forum post" to get the quickest results. IMHO

There are a total of (6) accounts in the Admin group on the forum. However, The Admin is only admin who comes to "work" at CRT just about every day. if you send a PM to another administrator, it may take a considerably longer time to get a reply.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:13 pm 

Thanks for the clarification.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:57 pm 

I am having a really difficult time renewing my membership. when I go to the page and I am already logedin it says i must login again and when I do I get a page no available message. I have tried 4 times. My membership expires 2/23/17 and I want to renew before then. What do you recommend?
thanks Chairman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:20 am 
Site Admin

Chairman101 wrote:
I am having a really difficult time renewing my membership. when I go to the page and I am already logedin it says i must login again and when I do I get a page no available message. I have tried 4 times. My membership expires 2/23/17 and I want to renew before then. What do you recommend?
thanks Chairman

Sorry to hear that you had a problem with the renewal. Please see my reply by way of PM in your forum inbox.

VIP Members have two options to renew membership, which are annual renewal for $39 or upgrade to lifetime membership for $99. Although the lifetime membership is $138, annual members have the option to upgrade to lifetime membership for just $99.

For this reason, there is a special link and logon required for renewal.

https://costaricaticas.com/vip-renewals-upgrades/

If you have difficulty with login, then please email me at info@costaricaticas.com and I can help with password issues. We also have some alternative means of making payment, which I would be happy to discuss by email.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:17 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I signed up today and purchased a vip membership however I do not have access to the vip section in the forum. Will I only gain access when my card arrives or is this a mistake that someone can fix?