www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:08 pm 
Site Admin

Hotel La Amistad is pleased to announce that all-inclusive rates will continue for 2016. Due to the overwhelming popularity of the rate program for over two years, the hotel restaurant menu continues to grow. Guests who book the special rate receive their choice of breakfast, lunch and dinner for no additional change. Also included are beer, wine, sodas and well drinks. Top shelf liquor is provided at a 50 percent discount.

All Inclusive Rate Plan for 2016

Penthouse $134
Suite $114
King Room $104
Queen Room $94

All inclusive guests also receive free transfers to and from Jacó Beach and drop off to the airport (requires minimum 4 night stay).

As always, all hotel guests receive free laundry service and long distance. There is never a fee for additional guests at Hotel Amistad.

Restaurant Menu

Recent additions include Soft Shell Crab Sandwich, which joins the especially popular Stuffed Pork Chop, Hot Roast Beef Sandwich and Ghiradelli Brownie.

Toll-Free Reservations from US: 877 260 3027
In Costa Rica: (+506) 2258 0021
Email: info@hotelamistad.com
Hotel Website:www.hotelamistad.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:52 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

that sounds like a deal, wish I would have known about this but I'm only going for 3 nights so might not have worked

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:59 pm 
Site Admin

backwaterilm wrote:
that sounds like a deal, wish I would have known about this but I'm only going for 3 nights so might not have worked

The 4 night minimum stay only applies to the airport or Jaco transfer. Otherwise there is no minimum stay required for the all inclusive rate.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:30 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I stayed here the week of Feb 1st in the $94 Queen all inclusive for 4 nites and Loved It! After 2 nites at another more expensive hotel, I beat feet back to Amistad for my last nite in CR! I'll stay No Where Else but Amistad in the future!

NJ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:01 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I hope I can still get a room (for next trip) after saying this..but La Amistad does truly "live up to it's name" The Friendship!! From the initial contact (Carlos and Rudy) to the hardest working bartenders/food servers (Karol and Jenny) to the best drivers (Michael and Jonathan) and owners Matt and Don.. and last but not by any means least.. the breakfast women cooking in the morning, and the lunch/dinner guys later in the day and every one else there I have not mentioned YOU ALL COMPLETELY KICK MAJOR ASS!!! I am returning in June and I am so looking forward to seeing you all again and your beautiful country!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:17 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Jenny is no longer at La Amistad. Ruth is now one of the bartenders.Ruth use to do massages (still does) along with her sister Hazel. Hazel will fill in as a bartender on a "as needed" basis.

I will not speculate on why Jenny was let go, but will say Matt and Don did the right thing by doing so.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:02 pm 

fisheater wrote:
Jenny is no longer at La Amistad. Ruth is now one of the bartenders.Ruth use to do massages (still does) along with her sister Hazel. Hazel will fill in as a bartender on a "as needed" basis.

I will not speculate on why Jenny was let go, but will say Matt and Don did the right thing by doing so.

Since I was a Noob this past Feb. I never met Jenny, but Ruth was on duty most of my time at Amistad. She's great! Good service, great sense of humor, big brown eyes and good English skills. Karol is a Cutie and when she lets all that long curly hair down, it's quite a sight!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:37 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

This really is the best deal in town. I recommend it to our guests coming to the Barra (if they are going to be in town a day or so).

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:37 pm 
The all inclusive is great. It creates an atmosphere of camaraderie, and to someone passing down the street, it seems like a "lively place to be," but the problem with the inclusive is this. MEN ARE C*ck BLOCKING ON OTHER MEN WHO BRING THEIR FEMALES BACK TO HAVE DINNER AT THE BAR. However, in my opinion, the all inclusive is worth it. Just be warned. C*ck blockers exist. They try to anyway, but business is business.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:11 pm 

How can another guy cock-block you with the girl you come back with? Give some specific examples.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:08 am 

Orange wrote:
How can another guy cock-block you with the girl you come back with? Give some specific examples.

I stayed at Amistad week of Superbowl. A lot of the guys without dates sit at the bar and drink a shitload of all-inclusive alcohol and talk about what Rockstar Mongers they are. I got up from the dinner table to hit the bathroom and when I came back, one drunk chucklehead had his hands all over my date, telling her he would pay her more than me! I took him outside and told him to get off his lazy, dumpy ass and walk to the Sportsmans and find his own date and stood in the doorway until he was halfway down the Calle.

Major Monger/Guy Code violation on his part!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:24 am 

nosejelly wrote:
Ruth was on duty most of my time at Amistad. She's great! Good service, great sense of humor, big brown eyes and good English skills.

My experiences with Ruth have been just the opposite. Not a fan.

mh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:28 pm 
Orange wrote:

Ok. I'm not the guy to bring my girl to the bar; after picking her up from a bar. I like to get in there and get her out.
The all inclusive is great; in the fact; You have your beer, food, liquor, and other drinks. Specific example.

Sitting at the lounge; eating dinner. I witness a man with his girl. BIG MISTAKE. Sitting at the bar. He's having a good time. I could tell the female was losing interest in him. He didn't speak much to her, and if he did, it was after a testosterone shot. A day or 2 prior. Then, that testosterone shot wares off; she does too. However, business is business. She stayed with him.

During the course of staying with him, I witnessed one fellow come up and start showing his cellphone to the female. "Too see how it works;" while she was with the monger. It was a failed attempt to extract her number. Regardless, it was another man C*ck blocking another man. He never left, and stayed, continuing to speak to her and occasionally him. To smooth things over, and not be too obvious.

All I'm saying is "BEWARE: COCK-BLOCKERS DO EXIST AT THE HOTEL LOBBY BAR."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:45 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

t

Last edited by brazinone on Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:26 pm 

nosejelly wrote:
Orange wrote:

I stayed at Amistad week of Superbowl. A lot of the guys without dates sit at the bar and drink a shitload of all-inclusive alcohol and talk about what Rockstar Mongers they are. I got up from the dinner table to hit the bathroom and when I came back, one drunk chucklehead had his hands all over my date, telling her he would pay her more than me! I took him outside and told him to get off his lazy, dumpy ass and walk to the Sportsmans and find his own date and stood in the doorway until he was halfway down the Calle.

Major Monger/Guy Code violation on his part!

Good for you Nosejelly. I have noticed this phenomenon at La Amistad bar too. Certainly not the LA management's fault and I don't know how they would prevent that. Some guys are just ignorant shitheads.