www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:10 pm 
Site Admin

CRT is pleased to announce the launch of our new Facebook Page. We invite members who are comfortable using Facebook to visit the page and click the Like Button. Doing so will subscribe you via Facbeook to receive News and Events, which are also distributed on the Email List and in the Forum.

This is another option to stay connected for users of the Facebook application on tablets and smart phones. Growing popularity of Facebook in recent years has made this a great way to stay connected with special friends in Costa Rica.

Also, do not be surprised to see many photos that are published in the free areas of the website, including the original “Free CRT Gallery”. The Facebook Page is also expected to become a popular place for short video clips.

https://www.facebook.com/costaricaticas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:12 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

WOW! Are you sure about this!?! :shock: :shock: Do you guys really understand the membership of CRT? I can't imagine very many CRT members ever wanting to link their Facebook page to CRT. :roll:

Maybe I'm wrong, but the CRT guys that I know will likely see your request as a bunch of website techies not understanding what the CRT membership is all about. You may want to seriously rethink this suggestion.

Is low self esteem a prerequisite for being a good Ho or is it a result? ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:19 pm 

It's alright that there will be a CRT Facebook page and all, but don't expect too many Likes bro. This isn't a stamp collecting club, we are anonymous for a reason. Would love to see our society accept that there is nothing immoral about men paying women for sex and vice versa, but I don't see it happening this century.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:53 pm 

This is beginning to sound like the new CRT owner might be a shill for a US government agency looking for the whereabouts or the wanted and unwanted...

Damn.......Facebook CRT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:01 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

:( :( :(

Last edited by Bobcat11 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:04 pm 
Site Admin

I appreciate your input, and can say we have actually given the issue careful consideration for several months. While, I certainly understand while some people may not want to associate too closely with CRT on their Facebook page there are also many who do not have a problem.

For example, Facebook is for a most part an issue if you have certain types of job or are married with a family life. A good number of the retired or semi-retired folks, especially those living in Costa Rica are divorced or single. In fact, using their facebook to connect with the girls is an asset. It's a good deal more exciting and interesting than email, and after you make a few girlfriends more are usually discovered.

Also, Liking the Facebook Page is a relatively minor event. It does appear on your activity feed, but you can hide it. You then receive all the updates we post (news and events) via your News Feed, which is not shared with your friends unless you like individual items or make a comment.

Consider also, there is no offensive content on Facebook. For CRT it is just videos and photos of pretty girls, having a good time. We will apply all the same standards as CRT already has for photos in the free part of the website.

Certainly we realize not everyone will use Facebook with CRT, but it's difficult to say in the year 2013 a business can have any Internet presence without a Facebook Page. Lacking a Facebook Page is something perspective members and advertisers would question.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:36 pm 

Even for us single guys, living or planning to live in Latin America, there is quite a stigma associated with a site like CRT. Only those dudes with a John McHookerbanger fake Facebook account strictly for mongering have nothing to lose by Liking CRT. I may not have a Gringa wife and kiddies to worry about but I have relatives and friends on Facebook who I will forever keep in the dark about this part of my life, and for good reason.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:38 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

No offense, but I am not going to "like" CRT on FB. You've done some good things for CRT, but this isn't one of them. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:22 pm 

Admin 3 wrote:
Certainly we realize not everyone will use Facebook with CRT, but it's difficult to say in the year 2013 a business can have any Internet presence without a Facebook Page. Lacking a Facebook Page is something perspective members and advertisers would question.

I'm a small business owner, and my business has a page on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter. So I understand that social media has value for reaching and connecting with potential customers.

But my business has nothing to do with mongering. This is a pretty big ass difference.

Having a Facebook page is fine, and of course no one will know it exists if Facebook users don't Like the page and the content you post on it. But therein lies your problem. The only Facebook users who are going to engage with a CRT Facebook page and the content you put up there are the mongers who have a fake Facebook account for mongering and those guys are already on CRT. All of their Facebook friends are either chicas (not your audience) or other mongers using fake accounts (already on CRT). So who is going to engage with your Facebook presence or see your content who's not already your customer (or won't ever be)?

Your Internet presence is costaricaticas.com. Potential advertisers are attracted by how many users and active users your site has. Any potential advertiser who actually understands your customers knows damn well they are NOT going to be all about your Facebook page or putting our interest in mongering on blast. This is an UNDERGROUND community. Social media is the OPPOSITE of underground. Your potential advertisers ought to know that, or else they really don't have a friggin clue about the people they are pitching to.

One last thing: my advice for building your user base is to tighten security to prevent non-members from accessing the site, safeguard the content so members feel safe sharing their trip reports and pics, and be more active in moderating the forums to keep out the fucktard element. Ban fucktards if they don't heed warnings on forum conduct, especially those who break the confidentiality rules. Make CRT better and more people will use it. Phuck the Facebook page.

Mis consejos parceros -
Vince

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:21 pm 

well the idea is to get new guys coming down. crt is not an underground entity. we all found out about it somehow. i was doing searches and found it. if you don't want to like it don't. the idea of this website is to bring new customers to the area and its sponsors.
can't be that hard to understand.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:40 pm 

LAdiablo wrote:
well the idea is to get new guys coming down. crt is not an underground entity. we all found out about it somehow. i was doing searches and found it. if you don't want to like it don't. the idea of this website is to bring new customers to the area and its sponsors.
can't be that hard to understand.

Huge difference between the following:

- being able to find the home page of the site from a Google search because you're looking for info on mongering in Latin America

- Aunt Bessie and your 16-year-old niece seeing you Liked this costaricaticas site, they get curious and now think you are a whoremonger/perv/human-trafficker

CRT is not underground (would be a much better site for the users if it IS underground), but the COMMUNITY OF USERS ON CRT IS UNDERGROUND, otherwise we'd all be using our real names and real Facebook accounts to look for chicas, yah???

And again, SPONSORS are businesses wanting to SELL to the community of CRT members, the vast majority of whom WILL NOT ENGAGE with the CRT social media campaign.

It's only "hard to understand" the potential benefit of the CRT Facebook page IF YOU UNDERSTAND SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING AND THE MONGER WORLD.

But what the fugg would I know, I just earn a good portion of my livelihood selling to people online.

Vince

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:30 am 

they need to reach guys looking for them. some of those will be through facebook. you and your desire to hide your hobby has nothing to do with that.
of course the businesses want to SELL. but you are dead wrong if you think they are only targeting crt members. you have to create interest and expand your base if you are crt. thats all.
you make money off selling to people on the internet? wow imagine that. kind of think thats most of us in business if we have any clue.
maybe take a step back for a moment and ask yourself how a site like this expands its base.
because thats all they are trying to do.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:40 am 

deleted

Last edited by VinceThePrince on Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:53 am 

Couldn't resist, this is too much.

LAdiablo wrote:
of course the businesses want to SELL. but you are dead wrong if you think they are only targeting crt members.

Umm, who besides CRT members are gonna see their ads on CRT? And when they want to sell to non-CRT people, what then does CRT's Facebook page have anything to do with that?

LAdiablo wrote:
you make money off selling to people on the internet? wow imagine that. kind of think thats most of us in business if we have any clue.

Yeah, 'cause everyone in business is equally proficient in online marketing, social media, SEO, copywriting, y'all are experts in all of that too fo' sho'.

LAdiablo wrote:
maybe take a step back for a moment and ask yourself how a site like this expands its base.
because thats all they are trying to do.

Yeah, CRT only had 3 members until they got that Facebook page up and running.

Your turn.

BAH!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:31 am 

I don't mean to be all dickish about this. I don't have a dog in this fight. Sorry, I'm pussy-deprived at the moment.

Good luck Admins, hope you prove me wrong and the FB page helps.

Vince