www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:12 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

What in the name of Sam Hill is going on

I put CRT in the search box on FB lots of places come up

Then I followed the link and the only friend that hit like is a chica/bartender with 2000 friends :lol:

But she is very discreet :shock: :shock:

BAD IDEA....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:43 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Guys we are wasting our time trying to persuade hard headed techies that their actions are counterproductive. As Admin 3 said early in his response to this thread.... "we have actually given the issue careful consideration for several months." I don't recall them asking their customers if they would like a CRT Facebook page. They had plenty of time to do so. Were any of you guys asked if you wanted or would support it? They have our email addresses so contacting some or all of us should have been easy. Obviously our desires as customers was irrelevant and remains so today. :roll:

Apparently it was techies talking to techies and social media is all that is on their collective mindset today. In the real World, we call it doppleganger thinking and we old guys know that it typically leads to stupid collective decisions. In the techie World, they are never wrong even when their decisions result in their business collapsing around their heads. "No es mi culpa." :oops: :roll:

Is low self esteem a prerequisite for being a good Ho or is it a result? ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:53 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I need to add my two colones, that facebook is not something I will 'like'. This is a membership club and the web site has been just fine. I dont advertise and open the whole world up to CRT member 'secrets'. indivdual facebook pages with the ticas are one thing, but this is not tasteful.
It's bad enough that if you google certain words your crt posts show up on the first page.
As a business minded fellow, this whole twitter-facebook-instagram 'must have' is not approriate for this venue. what's next ? Join me on linkedin ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:04 pm 

First rule of business: know your customer. :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:22 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

:roll: :roll:

Last edited by Bobcat11 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:47 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

LAdiablo wrote:
they need to reach guys looking for them. some of those will be through facebook. you and your desire to hide your hobby has nothing to do with that.
of course the businesses want to SELL. but you are dead wrong if you think they are only targeting crt members. you have to create interest and expand your base if you are crt. thats all.
you make money off selling to people on the internet? wow imagine that. kind of think thats most of us in business if we have any clue.
maybe take a step back for a moment and ask yourself how a site like this expands its base.
because thats all they are trying to do.

wall to wall advertising in strip clubs - mainly clubs that have direct flights (LA, FL, TX, GA...)

Just my 2 cents

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:59 pm 
Site Admin

As some of you have noticed CRT was recently able to add several new sponsors in Jaco. One of the things I have been hearing from potential and existing sponsors is what can CRT do to enhance their presence in social media? Coming from a business, this kind of questions are quite normal. After all, Facebook advertising is one of the fastest growing segments for Internet marketing.

Having a clean and attractive Facebook Page (and public main site) helps potential sponsors overcome the worry that something sordid is going on here. It very elegantly provides some cover for the more frank discussion that we have in the forum and member photo contributions.

So, while I can understand some members would prefer not to participate, this is a feature all of us benefit from in the way of new deals for all the VIP members. We are only asking for voluntary participation among those who feel safe to do so.

https://www.facebook.com/costaricaticas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:28 pm 

So you're saying that your sponsors are looking to CRT to enhance their social media presence?

So I think I understand why you are feeling pressured to get CRT on social media but I don't think your sponsors understand how it works.

Your sponsors think that you will promote their businesses on the CRT Facebook page and that will widen their sales funnel.

Trouble is, you will find getting Facebook users engaged with your FB presence challenging to say the least. People who are interested in CRT are also concerned with privacy and therefore will be very reluctant to do any of the behaviors on FB that increase your FB page's visibility. If your FB content is not getting Liked and Shared you are doing nothing for your sponsors visibility. Apparently they don't know that and don't understand your members online proclivities.

If getting those sponsors adds value to a VIP membership that's super. And yes I understand that your sponsors help pay your salaries and keep CRT afloat. I get all that. But rebranding CRT to hide its core business is probably not going to benefit CRT in the long run. Just my thoughts.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:40 pm 

If you type "People who like Costa Rica Ticas" in the FB searchbar, you can see a list of 31 of 46 profiles that Liked CRT. Prob need to fiddle with your privacy settings if you do not want to be seen.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:45 pm 

Hey Tomas.........

What would it take to get you to come back into the game....and set things right for us??????

I know that you like being on the sidelines now, after so many years of insanity......but please let us know how to get you back as the "decider" for OUR web site. Name your price---make it high---you just might get it from us.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:50 pm 

Phoenix Rising wrote:
If you type "People who like Costa Rica Ticas" in the FB searchbar, you can see a list of 31 of 46 profiles that Liked CRT. Prob need to fiddle with your privacy settings if you do not want to be seen.

So many CRTers' real names... and faces!

mh

P.S. Interesting first search result. Advertising? Or a veiled warning?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:29 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

:? :? :? :?

Last edited by Bobcat11 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:28 pm 

Admin 3, Are we to assume that ALL of the people in the photos gave you written permission to use their photos on your public CRT commercial Facebook page? I recognize several guys in the background of the photos who are going to be really upset when they see their picture included on your Facebook page. I also doubt that even guys like Cuba Dave would like his real full name disclosed on your Facebook page -as it is now. Once Bill finds that his long ago ex-girlfriend's picture is included on your Facebook page, you may lose him as a sponsor. Then your membership will be really pissed off. :twisted: :evil:

Also, several of the chicas in the photos have grown older and will likely be really upset when their friends tell them they saw their photo on the CRT Facebook page. People in Costa Rica know that CRT is a puta/monger website. Putting photos of chicas (or other guys sitting at the Del Rey bar) that were taken by guys who were CRT members at the time does not grant you legal permission to repost them on your CRT Facebook page. :roll:

Are you real sure that you guys thought this through, even in a techie to techie fashion? You might want to reach out to legal counsel both in Costa Rica and in the US before you find yourself defending yourself on a defamation charge. If you don't already know what that means in Costa Rica, just know that you have already stepped over the line and could find many of the chicas seeking both financial compensation from you and in Costa Rica the chicas can ask the court to put you in jail for 30 days. Bueno Suerte :roll:

Is low self esteem a prerequisite for being a good Ho or is it a result? ;-)

Last edited by Admin 3 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Issued Warning

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:34 pm 

The sky is falling... :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:32 am 

Quote:
Instead of trying to attract new members you should be trying to hang on to the ones you have

The new Admin doesn't give a shit about the members he already has. He knows we've paid our $99 for our lifetime memberships & will never see another dime from us. So, he goes in a different direction, despite our protests.

cue the music-

sing it Dandy Don-

"Turn out the lights, the party's over"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next