www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:39 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Fix the issues on here and stop phucking around on Facebook. CRT is running so slow right now and we still don't have all the photos. I won't "like" CRT because right now it sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:04 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

now theres some sound reasoning :!: :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:13 am 

San Te wrote:
Fix the issues on here and stop phucking around on Facebook. CRT is running so slow right now and we still don't have all the photos. I won't "like" CRT because right now it sucks.

LIKE!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:37 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

IMHO, this goes along with a previous post I made that the owners may be taking the site into the "tourist" business and out of or away from the "mongering tourist" business. The photo gallery being gone is the first indication as you would not want that on a straight tourist site. The desire to go Facebook to attract a wider base is another indication. From a business perspective, it makes sense as us mongerers are demanding and desire to use the forum to voice our opinions, etc. if this were to become, over the next year, just a travel site for tourist to Cr, the owners would probably be better off financially selling to advertisers than counting on VIP income.

A successful transfer to a tourist site would have to be followed by a loss of the forum. Would not make sense to have this kind of forum on a straight tourist site for CR.

Just my thoughts.

Have a Great Day,

Dave

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:39 am 

The new regime at CRT has done a few good things for us and MANY bad things for us.

Connecting CRT with Facebook is probably the SECOND worst idea that they have had.

By far, the worst thing that they've done to us, IMHO, has been to eliminate the "New VIP Gallery" and its search function---then to promise that it would be returned to us in a few weeks in its original form, including the search function, ------then to NOT do what was promised-----and leave us with a bunch of OLD pics that are pretty useless.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:39 am 

I get that same slippery feeling that CTR is going the way of HLH and Mona LIsa

again, sorry to say that; but if it looks a duck and....well you know the rest

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:45 am 

interesting take Dave :idea:
as anyone paying attention can attest to the scene having seen better days
someone needs to invoke a paradigm shift at some point
good, bad, or indifferent its not like staying the same is an option ime

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:21 am 

Rac wrote:
By far, the worst thing that they've done to us, IMHO, has been to eliminate the "New VIP Gallery" and its search function---then to promise that it would be returned to us in a few weeks in its original form, including the search function, ------then to NOT do what was promised-----and leave us with a bunch of OLD pics that are pretty useless.

+ 1. Couldn't agree more! :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:25 am 
Site Admin

Gentleman,

I am pleased to report that the VIP Gallery is almost ready for production and the developers were able to import the photos and comments from the original gallery in its entirety. We hope to have it ready soon, but there is still more testing and a few changes.

Addressing the subject of this thread, which is the Facebook group I regret some are unhappy with the new feature. Participation is of course voluntary.

For those of you who have already liked the page, you have my thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/costaricaticas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:07 pm 

Hey, Admin 3 puts up a Facebook page and the Facebook stock SOARES 30%.
:arrow: http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2013/07/25/ ... ares-soar/

That is a MONSTER move. I don't trade techs or pharmas but I'm sure some people were happy for the jump.

Admin 3 - The new stock sage.

* RENT but, "Don't Buy a Home in Costa Rica" until you have lived here for THREE years.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:37 pm 

Oh Yea, I get it now. :idea: :idea: Next we can all use twitter to tweet our trip reports as they are happening and use the CRT Facebook to share our chica photos. Sounds like a plan. Stupid as hell but a typical young techie plan. Don't you old guys know? The Internet changes everything!!! 8) :roll: :lol:

Is low self esteem a prerequisite for being a good Ho or is it a result? ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:11 pm 

As it is right now I don't like the fact that non paying members have access to CRT without adding FB to the mix. No one can convince me that someone in this game can't afford the CRT membership fee. If you are simply to cheap to pay, there are plenty of free boards out there.

Devo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

Devo wrote:
As it is right now I don't like the fact that non paying members have access to CRT without adding FB to the mix. No one can convince me that someone in this game can't afford the CRT membership fee. If you are simply to cheap to pay, there are plenty of free boards out there.

Devo

To address your concern, the Facebook Page is designed to compliment the free part of the CRT Web Page. What you see linked there is content we normally publish for free, i.e. some Tica of the Month shots and Teaser Photos. We also added an album for the old Free Gallery from the main site.

All the best stuff content will remain in VIP member-only areas of the website.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:24 pm 

+1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:45 pm 

I think te FB thing is a silly idea, given your demographic, but the fact that you're even looking at it right seems to be showing skewed priorities to me. Instead of trying to attract new members you should be trying to hang on to the ones you have. You may have noticed that the site is hemorraghing members, participation and content. The place is a ghost town.

This site is reminding me of the Lonely Planet forums, which the BBC bought over and then managed to utterly destroy in the space of only a few months. The entire membership disappeared from what was once the best travel site on the net. This place is going the same way. Your value proposition is either changing or disappearing, depending on who you talk to, but everyone is unhappy about it. It's fine to want to attract a new customer base, but not at the expense of the core that got you there in the first place. First fix the problems, then screw around with pet projects and changes like Facebook if you want to. They're not important. Survival comes first, and this site is dying.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next