www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:40 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Quote:
Gentlemen,

Bambu Thai Massage Special at the Sportsmens Lodge Spa

We are announcing a new September special.

TS,

1) do you still have the Tuesday special of $40 massage only, for crt vip's?

2) are Ingrid & Yirleny still your masseuses in residence?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:22 pm 

i can answer that for you sin. it is still 40 for card carrying crt members
and yes Ingrid and Yerlin are still the twins on duty :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:58 pm 

LaDiablo wrote:
i can answer that for you sin. it is still 40 for card carrying crt members
and yes Ingrid and Yerlin are still the twins on duty :wink:

Gracias,

I'll be there next Tuesday for a rubdown!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:25 pm 

good stuff. i will be there monday morning. after saying hello to everyone thats the first thing i do after sitting on a plane for six hours. stretch out and get ready for business. please make a point to say hello. a lot of times i kick back by the spa w a laptop.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:42 pm 

This past weekend -- after a night of relatively low-key debauchery which started with sushi at Matsuri and ending with a wild dupla, a overflowing jacuzzi, and two drunken chicas (cousins! :o ) determined to abuse my poor aged body as much as I could stand -- I woke up the next day hung over, sore, stiff and in no condition to party.

So I decided to try a massage at Bamboo Thai Massage.

For those of you who haven't experienced this, I suggest you do. You'll be an instant convert to the gentle ministrations of two very pleasant, skilled and gorgeous ladies, Yerling and Ingrid.

The spa area is tranquil, isolated and redolent with the smells of scented candles. Soothing music puts you at ease while the hands (and feet! and elbows!) of the masseuse knead every last kink out of your muscles.

Yerling introduced me to this type of massage, which I hadn't experieced before. It's... different. Lots of stretching. But very good. Definitely worth the money.

My only regrets were not trying it sooner, and that I forgot my CRT card at Amistad. An excellent value value at $45 for an hour's massage, and an even better deal for those of you who present your CRT card.

mh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:37 pm 

Hmmmm.... This is a real dilemma, get the $40 massage at SL, or the $40 morning Crt special at the HLH. unfortunately my little head does most of my thinking. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:47 am 

Ingrid received a nice write up in the Costa Rican times.
http://www.costaricantimes.com/costa-ri ... orks/10968

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:10 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

To anyone in the brotherhood who wants a real therapeutic Thai massage, I highly recommend the Bambu Thai Massage at the Sportsmen's Lodge. I was there during the week of Labor Day 2013 and had a one hour Thai Massage with yoga stretches done by the masseuse Ingrid.

Ambiance: 9 - The candles, incense, and music were all very relaxing and put me in the right mental state for a therapeutic massage. The only wish I had was for a little more room in the massage area itself so I could change without bumping into the table.

Massage: 10 - If anyone has been to Thailand and had a real Thai Massage then you know that the best ones hurt in a good way. Ingrid was very communicative and understood when the pain crossed beyond my personal threshold. She was also very good at working out the tight spots in my shoulder blades and neck.

Stretches: 10 - Ingrid full on put her foot in my back and did a slow Sparta kick while I held her hands to fully stretch out my back. It was awesome! She also stretches your arms and wrists to rejuvenate them to a very limber state.

All in all, I had a great experience at Thai Bambu Massage and the current deal for 60 minutes at $40 USD cannot be beat.

Cheers,

Allister1369

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:57 pm 

thank you for the complements Allister, really appreciate it.
i too wish i had more room in the spa but had that space to work with and wanted to create two spaces for two masseuses so that guys could treat favoritas to massages at the same time.
it would be perfect if it were about six feet wider but as they say it is what it is.
also building the tables as large as possible allows for the larger guys to lay comfortably while the masseuse is on the table with you.
really fortunate to have the opportunity to work in sportsmens and i love the secluded and relaxed area we have to work in. typically zero bad noise really enhances the relaxing process.

since i don't post a lot about the spa i will take a moment to update a few things.
yerling is not with us any longer and the new girl is lithia. i think thats the spelling but its le hee ya.
she gives a really nice strong and soothing swedish style massage for those of you that don't like the stretching and i found it very relaxing.

the poles for walking are installed but its going to take a little more to implement since ingrid is still not comfortable with this process and really needs to train w someone who knows it. i am trying to figure out how to do it and may bring along a thai woman from my spa in LA soon.
we have added a hot towel warmer to remove the oils.
we have also added body scrubs for exfoliating dead skin.
and manicure and pedicure continue to be available as well as collagen mask.
all of oils, scrubs and products are of premium quality and many i bring in from LA as they can not be found in CR.

again many thanks to all of you that patronize the spa and we will continue to try and improve each and every time you visit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:16 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

LAdiablo wrote:

the poles for walking are installed but its going to take a little more to implement since ingrid is still not comfortable with this process and really needs to train w someone who knows it.

Can you clarify what this is all about?

I get a massage from Ingrid every time I'm down there and plan to do the same next month.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:32 am 

Fieldtech wrote:
LAdiablo wrote:

the poles for walking are installed but its going to take a little more to implement since ingrid is still not comfortable with this process and really needs to train w someone who knows it.

Can you clarify what this is all about?

I get a massage from Ingrid every time I'm down there and plan to do the same next month.

Sure np Field.
As you know Ingrid gets pretty deep w a combination of her palms, thumbs, elbows, heels, knees and feet.
To get especially deep, or just to be able to use the arch of the foot around calves and shoulders it is traditional in Thai massage to walk on the client first.
I personally love that part and wish to bring it to CR but it obviously comes with a lot of safety concerns. if not trained properly a broken or bruised rib is entirely possible.
i thought maybe i could be her training dummy since i seem to serve that position well enough but she is intimidated atm.
it will happen and i am pretty sure if you like deep you will love it since the leverage is amazing.
but its going to take a little more patience.
and thank you much for your patronage.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:15 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Last week I decided to try the Thai Bambu Massage at the Sportsmen's Lodge. Like most things at the SL, it was a seamless effort to make a same day appointment. The tranquil massage area is tucked away in the newer Mansion wing. At home I have an excellent chiropractor and have used acupuncture for the creaky back. This massage was unique to anything I've experienced before.

The stretching of all my big muscles, back and thighs was intense and hurt muy bueno….like you felt/knew it was working. The super sweet and beautiful masseuse Ingrid was very attentive to my personal pain tolerance as she es muy fuerte!
My legs were positioned in such a way, when stretched & twisted, relieved all of the tightness in the problematic lower back area. The kneading by various body parts on my upper back and shoulders made me feel "right out of the showroom" After 3 flights, 3 live concerts standing in GA and other excursions this trip, it was just what I needed - to feel rejuvenated!

In my opinion, this type of professional massage really caters to: the physical demands of traveling to another country, to all of the other various activities available in CR and even gets you ready for the flight home. It'll most certainly be a part of all of my future trips.

As an added bonus, I picked up a few massage techniques that I was happy to share on my, more than grateful, company during the trip ;)

Al

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:13 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

They will also do manicures and pedicures. If you notify her in advance she will also cut your hair.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:48 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Very few people know how to do the stretching techniques they use, It helped me so much and lasted a long time. I paid 350 at high end places and the massage ingrid does is just as good and attention to detail. I have back issues from sitting long, they connect to my ass. She worked out all the kinks. I cant wait to come back and try again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:03 pm 

Apologies to anyone that had appointments with the girls this week.
Really tough week w a death in the family and Lehia involved in a motorcycle accident in SJ.
I think we've heard that somewhere before. She is doing ok.
Good news is that Ingrid is back from Nicaragua today and at the spa.
Been an incredibly rough week for her so if anyone wants to even just drop buy and give her a hug please do.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next