www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:57 pm 
Site Admin

Bambu Thai Massage Grand Opening at the Sportsmens Lodge Spa.

The Spa in the mansion area of Sportsmens Lodge reserved for massages and sauna`s has been converted into a bit of a different vibe.

Bill and I are hoping to provide CRT Vip`s with something it has lacked for a long time and that is a legitimate massage at an affordable price.
To those that travel over seas maybe might think a $50 an hour Thai massage will seem a bit high priced., but then again this is not Thailand and these are local Latina girls. They have been studying with local yoga-Thai arts teachers in the area, Some have experience with the CRT brethren and others do not.
What we are hoping the CRT community will get behind is that these girls want to give you the best most relaxing hour possible without being groped and sexually propositioned.
It is very easy to find a bit more out and around town at the other massage establishments in the San Jose area., but fairly difficult to locate a legitimate one.

It is our hope that with this in mind those of the brothers looking to stretch and relieve those aching lower backs will give it a try.
One thing very different is that the staff will be available from 9 to 5 on a daily basis. making it far easier to fit a massage into your busy schedule.
Our hope is to have staff from Los Angeles visit on occasion to further train the locals in this outstanding massage style.

For the month of September pricing will be $40 for a one hour massage to celebrate our grand opening!

Please contact the Sportsmen's Lodge for more details.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:21 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Several of my travelling buddies tried this out on the opening day and all said it was a great massage and stretching. One of the guys wanted to go back the next morning early before he left for the airport.

Is low self esteem a prerequisite for being a good Ho or is it a result? ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:52 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

dougie actually came back three times before he left. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:27 pm 

Glad to hear of others discovering the benefits of Thai massage :D . The stretching aspect is like no other massage and is great for days between golf... or other physical activities :) . The best combo is to start off with 1 hour Thai massage and follow it with an hour of Swedish massage… with a bj in there somewhere :shock: . If you like Thai massage at the SL… you need to get your ass over to LOS for the real deal.

But… yes, that price may be a bit on the high side. A 1 hour Thai massage in CA costs me $45 +tip at a reputable spa… In Pattaya a 1hour Thai massage is 200 baht, $6…

Glad to hear that Bill and the staff at the Sportsmen’s are continuing to find great new amenities to add to enhance our stays :!: .

Mendo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:06 pm 

^ not sure if we spoke before about it mendo but i think you may have been to my place in LA. i know one of the members has including Bill.
and yes 45 is my price here also.
in my experience its not exactly easy to get a high level of thai massage and receive other services. there are plenty of rub and tugs here as there are in san jose but the level of skill seems to go down substantially in these places. at least as far as a legit massage goes. :lol:
so while i would not say the level of skill is high at this point, the ladies are working hard to improve daily and they study video we create here in LA with ladies that studied in wat po.
it will take time for them to develop a great skill set and they are committed to doing that. my honest assessment as a long time enthusiast is they are about average at the moment.
but for someone that has never tried it they would seem incredible.
and yes it is very cheap in bangkok. just like everything else. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:42 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

The massage was great...as a matter of fact, I got the 1st massage on opening day! Two of the guys I was traveling with went in for a "couples massage" and one of the masseuses came running out because one of the guys went in commando style! Priceless...wonder who that could have been!?!? Guys, the massage is a legit massage and you will be twisted, stretched and rubbed into total relaxation. Well worth the money.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:36 am 

Thanks Bill for the new service.
I will use it daily.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:46 pm 

just a suggestion, but $39 may attract more business, plus the ladies would probably get more/larger tips.

I say this since $39 massages are available all day long in the beautiful, downtown DC metro area...and that is not exactly a low rent/inexpensive area

(export version only, some restrictions may apply, some assembly required, not valid where the sun don't shine...

if you live in the states of Poverty, Darkness or anywhere outside of The Blessings of Civilization Trust, Inc...other rules may apply)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:31 pm 

always appreciate suggestions. but crt has a 40 massage the month of september. and then it will be 45. so far so good and the girls are busy most days. we have yet to advertise outside of the hotel and this website. i think the current pace of growth is perfect because this is a physically demanding job and the girls need to work up their stamina.
we currently have only two beds and two girls trained so it is going to be tight at first. if they get 3 or 4 clients a day right now that is perfect.
but we may run specials now and then depending. try it and let me know if you think its worth it. i appreciate the feedback.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:03 pm 

The massage was great!
The music and the incense are perfect, and if these girls are still in training, I can not wait to try it again when they hone their skills

I know a few chicas that give a good massage, but difference is night and day :D

Two thumbs up from me!!!!!!

Wonder if Jassbro can come up with an off topic link for this post :shock: :shock: :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:31 pm 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
Nhhank wrote:
The massage was great!
The music and the incense are perfect, and if these girls are still in training, I can not wait to try it again when they hone their skills

I know a few chicas that give a good massage, but difference is night and day :D

Two thumbs up from me!!!!!!

Wonder if Jassbro can come up with an off topic link for this post :shock: :shock: :roll:

Sorry to disappoint but this reference is very much on-point: http://spas.about.com/od/thaimassage/a/thaimassage.htm
Please read the last sentence in the article.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:17 pm 

it is very much on point jazz but as with most traditions a hybrid of sorts emerges.
this article is referring to the ultra traditional version of thai massage. it is far more comfortable to receive a massage on a table as opposed to the floor. i received my first one 15 years ago on the floor and while it is nice your neck can get stiff no matter how the pillows are arranged.
that is why i built large custom tables so that the client and masseur can both move comfortably.
by far the most popular version is a thai/combination massage involving minimal oil and maximum pressure if you can tolerate it.
the fully clothed part is also sort of an old school concept. it is necessary to wear at least boxers since there is quite a bit of stretching involved. but fully clothed while an option is not preferred.
at least that is how it has developed in and around los angeles. the ladies typically acknowledge and admire the techniques passed down all those thousands of years ago and incorporate them in their daily routines.
so when i say these ladies are not as good as they will be that is why. there is an endless amount of lessons to learn.
btw the ladies appreciate all the kind words.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:34 pm 

"Happy Ending" available?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:26 am 

Absolutely NO happy ending.
Great massage but if you need more...go elsewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:32 am 

You knew that question was coming, even though the answer was already clearly given. :roll: :roll: