www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:46 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

True Sportsman wrote:
Gentlemen,

Just tonight I witnessed that we had a good customer/guest who is a Continental Airlines Pilot buy his "Exit Tax" from our front desk and charge it to his room for a flight out tomorrow....Proof positive that this convenience product works for a few if not for many!

Bill

I sure hope the guy was on vacation. I'd hate to think that a pilot flying a scheduled flight has to pay the damn tax too!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:58 am 

SinCity wrote:
True Sportsman wrote:
Gentlemen,

Just tonight I witnessed that we had a good customer/guest who is a Continental Airlines Pilot buy his "Exit Tax" from our front desk and charge it to his room for a flight out tomorrow....Proof positive that this convenience product works for a few if not for many!

Bill

I sure hope the guy was on vacation. I'd hate to think that a pilot flying a scheduled flight has to pay the damn tax too!

Good question...not sure if he was the pilot or a passenger on the flight the next day. I will ask him next time I see him, or one of the other guests we have that are commercial airline pilots. Do they have to pay the exit tax as a pilot leaving the country or not as the pilot flying in and leaving the next day or the next few days out? I can not recall seeing many pilots or flight attendents in the departure tax line when I have been there the many times I have left CR.

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:08 am 

Srilm wrote:
True Sportsman wrote:
SinCity wrote:

Good question...not sure if he was the pilot or a passenger on the flight the next day. I will ask him next time I see him, or one of the other guests we have that are commercial airline pilots. Do they have to pay the exit tax as a pilot leaving the country or not as the pilot flying in and leaving the next day or the next few days out? I can not recall seeing many pilots or flight attendents in the departure tax line when I have been there the many times I have left CR.

A crewmember would never have to pay the departure tax out of his or her own pocket. However, they might have to still fill out the paperwork and have the tax paid by their company. Any crewmembers care to chime in here and tell us how your company handles this issue?

SR

There is a "crewmember in-transit" visa category. Since the person is "in-transit", no departure tax is required. I've passed through SJO several times on my way further south as an "in-transit passenger" and my departure tax was waived. I even left the airport to visit a girlfriend who lives in Alajuela while on "in-transit" status.

Pura Vida...enjoying life to the fullest...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:06 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Thanks Bill. The departure tax has always just been a pain in the butt. Next time down I will just tack it on the room fee and be done with it. One less hassle of the Costa Rican government to deal with and another great reason to do business with the Sportsmen Lodge.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:04 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Last month was the first time I had purchased it away from the airport. I went to the bank with some other guests at SL. It was a waste of time. Probably waited 30 minutes at the bank. I was going to go back to getting it at the airport, but if it's available at SL, I will definitely obtain it there, Just another full service perk at Sportsman Lodge.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:26 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Was in San Jose the first week of April and breeze through the Airport inspection/security at 5-am on a Saturday morning... so glad I picked up the Departure Tax Certificate at the Sportsman's... as the Tax line in the airport at 5am was so long it would have taken an extra hour + to get to the gate... Being on vacation the extra couple of bucks no big deal and well worth the convenience of not waiting at the airport or a bank... Actually when you think of it the extra couple of bucks is nothing as the VIP discounts at the Sportsman's make up for any other fees... Sportsman's Lodge .. I Thank You ..

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:24 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Same thing here. I was @ SL in late March, purchased the departure tax @ the desk very easily. When I arrive at the airport @ 5a.m. the place was packed. It was so nice to have the tax already done....thanks Bill.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:57 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Cool glad to hear you can get your departure tax at SL. You don't have to be a hotel guest for this convenience?
Tux

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:23 pm 

Tuxedo wrote:
Cool glad to hear you can get your departure tax at SL. You don't have to be a hotel guest for this convenience?
Tux

Nope, come on in and get your tax paid while you are here and get the form to leave. You do not have to be a Hotel guest to use this service.

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:48 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Thx Bill for that clarification. I will be there soon to try this out. Look forward to coming down and having a few cold beers at the Sportmans Lodge. Tux