www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:32 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
Hey Everybody,

Was wondering if rents for apartments (versus chicas) are escalating down there like they are in most U.S. major metros?

I am considering renting my place in the U.S. (DFW) where the excess these days due to recent sky high demand ($500-$600/mo.) would cover say a 1 bedroom in Barrio Amon or similar or Caratago if rents there have not gone up also (never know). People are fleeing like droves from California and the northeast, Chicago etc. Some may have already bypassed U.S. and gone straight to Central America...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:19 pm 

You can find rents in that range, you can also pay less or more. There are lot of issues to discuss including utilities, cable, and internet. Some places include them, some don't. Some places don't include it in the rent, but the owner contracts with the water and electric companies. If you are serious about this, Pops can be a big help. Beyond what you usually think about, he can help you look for rentals, show you the best places to shop for everything from food to household goods, to DYI supplies. And ge can walk you through the other ins and outs of living in Pair-o-dice. You should contact him about the rates.

Being on the ground is essential, but you probably want to look. Here are a couple of sites:

https://www.encuentra24.com/costa-rica-es/clasificados
https://www.trovit.co.cr/

Look for listings in Carmen
FYI - Costa Rica is divided into Province / Canton / District / Barrio.

Taormina is in the province San Jose, and the canton San Jose, the district Carmen, and barrio Amon. The SL by comparison is in barrio Otoya. Carmen includes Barrio Amón, Barrio Aranjuez, part of Barrio La California, El Carmen, El Empalme, Barrio Escalante and Barrio Otoya.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:28 am 

Puro Party wrote:
Hey Everybody,

Was wondering if rents for apartments (versus chicas) are escalating down there like they are in most U.S. major metros?

I am considering renting my place in the U.S. (DFW) where the excess these days due to recent sky high demand ($500-$600/mo.) would cover say a 1 bedroom in Barrio Amon or similar or Caratago if rents there have not gone up also (never know). People are fleeing like droves from California and the northeast, Chicago etc. Some may have already bypassed U.S. and gone straight to Central America...

Interesting that rent is 5-600 per month in DFW area. Where I am you add a 1 in front of that ...in Canuck bucks. So still well over $1,000 US. A 2 bedroom apt would be somewhere between $1,200 and $1,500 US equivalent.

So for us the rental cost in other places can be very attractive. I'm also looking at a place for part of the year.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:31 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Zeos wrote:
Interesting that rent is 5-600 per month in DFW area.

I think you misread his statement. Rents are souring in Dallas. As the owner, he could rent it for an excess of $500-$600 over his expenses. Then use this excess to cover housing in CR.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:13 am 

bulldog10 wrote:
Zeos wrote:

I think you misread his statement. Rents are souring in Dallas. As the owner, he could rent it for an excess of $500-$600 over his expenses. Then use this excess to cover housing in CR.

Oh....Ok. That makes more sense.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:45 pm 

bulldog10 wrote:
Zeos wrote:

That is correct. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:51 pm 

Thank you Boynton. Is good to already be somewhat familiar with the terrain and great sug for Pops as a resource.

I don't mind living out away from Centro some so long as in a good area.

Nothing immediate for me right now but good to always be planning ahead.