www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:59 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Spending a week in San Jose in September and want a relaxing place (preferably with drinks and food) to use a laptop and / or catch up on reading material. If you know of any particular places good for this let me know please. The quieter, the better.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:39 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Waking up,

The Gran Hotel is what you are looking for:

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/sjocuq ... qq-SJOCUQQ

If you can stay 90 minutes from San Jose, I would choose Los Suenos on the beach:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/ ... lf-resort/

Enjoy!

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No advice, tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:25 am 

Californiamann wrote:
Waking up,

The Gran Hotel is what you are looking for:

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/sjocuq ... qq-SJOCUQQ

If you can stay 90 minutes from San Jose, I would choose Los Suenos on the beach:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/ ... lf-resort/

Thanks! Can a freelancer visit for an hour or two without any problems?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:12 pm 

yes,these two hotels are girl friendly. the Cocal will have 50 girls (chicas) or more on any given night waiting for YOU!

just dont give them more than $150!!!!!!!

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No advice, tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:14 pm 

Californiamann wrote:
yes,these two hotels are girl friendly. the Cocal will have 50 girls (chicas) or more on any given night waiting for YOU!

Lol I'm so done with Cocal nonsense, been to Jaco several times now. San Jose all the way now for me (at least for girls; I still like Jaco to relax). I'm surprised the Gran hotel would be girl friendly.

Also, to clarify my original post, I'm thinking more in terms of good cafes, parks, and restaurants that are on the quieter side and/or have outdoor seating.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:01 am 

Dude, I never said they were chica friendly! You asked for a nice place to read and get away (from the hedonism in Barrio Anon, presumably).

Geez, what exactly do you want?

btw, if you register with your chica at checkin, any hotel will take you as a couple for a night.

Have you stayed in La Amistad? I read a book there once :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Its pretty quiet, all things considered and very chica friendly. Sportsmens Lodge in the Penthouse is pretty darn quiet too and has a his an hers jacuzzi!

just saying.....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:58 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

WakingUp wrote:
Californiamann wrote:

Lol I'm so done with Cocal nonsense, been to Jaco several times now. San Jose all the way now for me (at least for girls; I still like Jaco to relax). I'm surprised the Gran hotel would be girl friendly.

Also, to clarify my original post, I'm thinking more in terms of good cafes, parks, and restaurants that are on the quieter side and/or have outdoor seating.

Cafe Mundo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:11 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Café Miel Garage
Av 9 13, Barrio Otoya, San José
Small coffee cafe w wifi & people using laptops.
I was there in July.