www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:25 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I hear very similar things (don't buy a condo) for both countries, and almost everyone I've met who considered one has considered the other. I'm just beginning to think about real estate abroad and weigh the pros and cons, and figure out what (if anything) to save for.

Since I'm assuming most of you have a lot more experience with this than I do, what are the pros and cons for Cost Rica vs. Thailand? Why did you guys choose one over the other?

Other questions:

Which other countries should I add to me list of places to research?

What are the most common ways to fund this? Is everyone either using retirement savings or equity from a US / UK real estate purchase? Is financing / renting out for income ever an option?

Thanks for any input on this.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:55 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Great topic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:36 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I don't want to be insensitive, but if it Phucks, Flies, Floats, or is condo in CR or Thailand - Rent it 8)

From my own experience, having a house in a foreign country costs more than you think it will in maintenance and it is very difficult to sell on the back end...

However, everyone is different. The CRT board can tell you about CR. I personally love Bucaramanga, Colombia and you can rent a gorgeous 2bd 2bth in Cacique, right next to large mall and poker room, for $233 a month. https://www.fincaraiz.com.co/apartament ... 88366.aspx

I found another one next to Cacique Mall (my favorite, if you ever have a chance to stay at the holiday inn I highly recommend it!) , fully furnished including all utilities and internet and all fees for $525 a month for short-term (6 month to 12 month lease). If you go on Skokka, top shelf gals are $35 an hour full bridal experience :mrgreen:

With regards to Thailand: Read Stickman's forum - he has tons of info about Thailand with boots on the ground.

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/weekly- ... n-pattaya/

Good Luck with that! :mrgreen:

please search the board, I remember a post about a gringo who owned a condo, his Tica girlfriend moved in, after a while she called police and claimed he abused her or her K*ds...apparently under Costa Rican law, the woman and Ch*ldren get to stay in the house and the man has to leave.....the gringo got kicked out of his own house, came back to the states with his tail between his legs, lost a bunch of money fighting the entire clusterfuck.... if that man had rented, he would only of lost his deposit!

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No advice, tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution