www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:45 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Did any gringoes who moved to Costa Rica make some kind of club for expats to join to help each other?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:34 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Yes. There's several. Google"expats in Costa Rica" or search on Facebook.

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:58 am 

Search for ARCR. This association will help you with everything including residency.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:59 am 

Whitecat wrote:
Search for ARCR. This association will help you with everything including residency.

When they do. There are horror stories of the ARCR failures. But it is a good place to start.

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:31 am 

There is also one called CRT :idea: :idea: A lot of guys live there full time.
Regards, 911 Driver

The happy hour is a device either for getting rid of social obligations hurriedly en masse or for making overtures toward more serious social relationships, as in the etiquette of whoring.- Brooks Atkinson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:31 pm 

Be very careful of who you trust there. It seems like almost everyone is looking for an angle to separate you from your money. I would suggest renting for a decent amount of time before you buy as you will get a handle on how things work. Rents can be inexpensive depending on your needs but read your contract. A place my fiance lived in want a 10% increase in rent each year. Her mom just rented a place and they wanted a 50% increase each year. Talk about ridiculous and she is now moving. you might want to look at the San Pedro area up by the mall as being close to the action. I am close to the airport and prefer to be away from downtown.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:10 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Thanks for the info :mrgreen: :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:40 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

MM3 wrote:
Whitecat wrote:

When they do. There are horror stories of the ARCR failures. But it is a good place to start.

What type of horror stories are we talking about? Just curious because I've been considering using them.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:22 pm 

Firedude wrote:
MM3 wrote:
Whitecat wrote:

What type of horror stories are we talking about? Just curious because I've been considering using them.

ARCR-done residency applications that take multiple years with no actual forward movement and the applicant actually having to take over the process he's paid ARCR thousands of dollars to do and do it himself.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:42 pm 

Thanks MM3, I have always heard that they were a ripoff.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:13 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Thanks for the reply MM3. I've heard mostly good stories about ARCR but one or two bad ones. And of coarse its usually just hearsay. If I do decide to use them I will post my experience.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:59 am 

I have had nothing but good experiences with ARCR for years.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:41 am 

Whitecat wrote:
I have had nothing but good experiences with ARCR for years.

Strangely those that have bad ones have spectacularly bad ones - and post them on the ARCR forum as running commentary as they play out

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:21 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

ARCR-done residency applications that take multiple years with no actual forward movement and the applicant actually having to take over the process he's paid ARCR thousands of dollars to do and do it himself.[/quote]
ARCR does not do residency applications and haven't for the 13 years I've been here. No wonder they never got processed. Thousands of dollars that is pure horse pucky.