www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:37 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Hi all,

I am bringing two phones with me. Both are unlocked Android phones but my Galaxy S4 uses a micro SIM and the Infuse uses the regular size SIM. Do they sell both size SIM at the aiport and is the Kiosik open 24x7?

I have read in another thread that new SIM will take care of setting the new APN for Costa Rica and that seller of the SIM does not have to change any settings on the phone.

Which company would you recommend farther away from the city, Playa Hermosa etc. I am looking for good data speeds and call quality.
THX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:21 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Lollypop54 wrote:
Hi all,

I am bringing two phones with me. Both are unlocked Android phones but my Galaxy S4 uses a micro SIM and the Infuse uses the regular size SIM. Do they sell both size SIM at the aiport and is the Kiosik open 24x7?

I have read in another thread that new SIM will take care of setting the new APN for Costa Rica and that seller of the SIM does not have to change any settings on the phone.

Which company would you recommend farther away from the city, Playa Hermosa etc. I am looking for good data speeds and call quality.
THX

They will cut a standard sim to fit your phone(s) at the kiosk. If you want the same number for both, you should buy a sim adaptor from Amazon. It will make the micro fit any sim size phone requires.

Don't assume that the carrier network will automatically set the APN for internet. My iPhone did it automatically but my Android had to be manually set by my carrier. Either way, they can set it up at the kiosk.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:15 pm 
And do you have to reset an android again when you return to the US or Canada or wherever home is?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:37 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Gersen wrote:
And do you have to reset an android again when you return to the US or Canada or wherever home is?

I gather resenting the APNs will be needed and not factory resetting the Android?

THX