www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:44 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Sure, you can sell fake Cuban cigars outside HDR. Of course, my job is better. I sell multilingual bibles at the Blue Marlin Bar :lol:

Post subject: Re: New Work
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:05 pm 

Hotrod69 wrote:
Can I start company in CR with out papers?

:?: :?: :?: :?: thanks

NO

When you enter Costa Rica you are issued a 90 day TOURIST visa. That allows you to do tourist activities. Owning a business is not considered a tourist activity.

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:29 am 

Hotrod69 wrote:

Another gringo with a dream. :P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:58 am 

Hotrod69 wrote:

Actually, IMO - this question is very vague. And I'm not sure if I agree with ID & Orange on this one.

Hotrod - What papers are you talking about? I own 2 companies in CR, and I'm not a "resident", but I have separate Sociedad Anonima's (Corporations), and separate bank accounts for each corp. Exactly what papers are you referring to? :?:

And as a side note: In Costa Rica - foreigners ARE allowed to start a company and/or own a company without being a full-time "resident". But your "job description" for that company is a whole 'nother thing!

MG :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:07 pm 

Jeepers, I have no papers, maybe that's why the chicas aren't buying my bibles in HDR and KL.

Sorry for the bad humor. I promise no more posts on tihs thread :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:19 pm 

Location: Referred to the OIG by Mucho Gusto after mysterious fire at his gay night club.
El Viejo wrote:
Jeepers, I have no papers, maybe that's why the chicas aren't buying my bibles in HDR and KL.

Sorry for the bad humor. I promise no more posts on tihs thread :lol:

Try Buddhist Prayer Beads. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:45 pm 

Dreams often do not materialize. :cry: In fact most don't. Indeed, many have come here with a dream only to learn the frustration of dealing with an inordinately difficult bureaucracy, a different culture with different beliefs and values, and to have that dream vanish leaving a bitter taste. But dreams or having a vision are vital to a person’s wellbeing. When one fails to imagine, fails to visualize or dream, then that poor soul has been broken and will suffer in unhappiness.

Having purchased one of those multi-lingual Bibles from El Viejo at the HDR (not), I thumbed over to Proverbs (proverb meaning a general truth or fundamental principle) where it says, “without vision a people perish.” Doesn’t matter if you are a believer or not. It is an historical maxim. I don't look at this a religious, it represents the wisdom of the ages: principles that transcend time and civilizations. It is true for a collective (group of people) and true for individuals. :D You got to have vision or you perish; you die and remain a mass of gelatinous goo until the heart stops beating and … well, you turn into worm food.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:46 am 

Hotrod69 wrote:

:?: :?: :?: :?: thanks

As with any country, how much grease($$$$) are you willing and able to shell out to make it happen? How visible are you going to be? Most countries have people who call themselves lawyers.A better term is maybe bagmen. You find them through recommendation. Give them some of your wealth and they will redistribute it to the proper agencies to make you legit. Usually they have well placed friends and relatives in these government branches that allow you to bypass the system.This is how most any business be it factory or mp, gets things done with international ownership.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:50 pm 

MR LV Your description of lawyers as bagmen is very astute. I think it applies to lawyers everywhere.

You are 100 percent on target with the statement “[The lawyers] usually . . . have well placed friends and relatives in these government branches that allow you to bypass the system. This is how most any business be it factory or mp, gets things done with international ownership [sic].”

Politics and connections are interrelated with business in every country. But in a place where holding political office is almost an heirloom there is a tendency to hold on to the power of office with a very tight grasp which can only be loosed with cold, hard cash.