www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:49 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
NO country same as NO pu*sy is just that great where have to "marry" it. Float around amongst countries and go to which one treats you best. I like Nomad Capitalist on Youtube. Free and very informational.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syVtJXAVb70

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:23 am 

There have been two recent articles concerning these changes (requiring residents to pay the RETIREMENT as well as the HEALTH premiums into the CAJA).

https://qcostarica.com/foreign-investor ... -the-caja/
https://ticotimes.net/2022/12/16/costa- ... immigrants

Read them carefully. Your specific situation will matter.

My take:
The QCostaRica article talks about proposed modifications of the regulations for multiple application types. It does cite the specific law and the two deputies proposing the change. Both the deputies are from the same political party which holds the fewest number of seats in the Legislative Assembly.

The TicoTimes article quotes a representative from Outlier Legal (a law firm specializing in Expat issues) that the RETIREMENT premium is now voluntary but only for pensionado not rentista applicants.

I have not seen any mention of these changes in the Tico press, this is not surprising since few Ticos would be concerned. Also, I have no personal knowledge (I got residency before the changes) nor do I know anyone who has received residency since these changes were proposed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:28 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Heuresement que ce topic existe, j'ai trouver de super réponse merci :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:44 am 

I'm happy I got my permanent residency when I did, and I pay a paltry sum for "CAJA" and more than get my money's worth in meds, check ups, blood tests, er in my local clinic ease of availability, etc., but a friend of mine just retired here and he can't "hide" his income like I did, and they want $250 a month from him! :shock: :evil:

Normally most guys I speak with don't pay big like I don't either, and if they move here I advise them to get residency, but for that monster amount for so little benefits, and now non-residents only have to exit twice a year, I told him don't bother and shoot up to Nicaragua twice a month or go visit home twice a year, or Panama, Colombia, Mexico, wherever.

$250 a month every 6 months is $1,500, you can afford to rent a luxury car and have a Tico drive you to the border with Nicaragua and have a ho blowing you in the back seat the entire time and back for a lot less than that... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:46 am 

Netgems wrote:
$250 a month every 6 months is $1,500, you can afford to rent a luxury car and have a Tico drive you to the border with Nicaragua and have a ho blowing you in the back seat the entire time and back for a lot less than that... :mrgreen:

Sounds like a business plan.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:50 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Netgems wrote:
I'm happy I got my permanent residency when I did, and I pay a paltry sum for "CAJA" and more than get my money's worth in meds, check ups, blood tests, er in my local clinic ease of availability, etc., but a friend of mine just retired here and he can't "hide" his income like I did, and they want $250 a month from him! :shock: :evil:

Normally most guys I speak with don't pay big like I don't either, and if they move here I advise them to get residency, but for that monster amount for so little benefits, and now non-residents only have to exit twice a year, I told him don't bother and shoot up to Nicaragua twice a month or go visit home twice a year, or Panama, Colombia, Mexico, wherever.

I am way off from retirement, but what do you have to show: Income Tax returns? What if you’re asset rich and income poor?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:16 pm 

Rolleratnight wrote:
Netgems wrote:

I am way off from retirement, but what do you have to show: Income Tax returns? What if you’re asset rich and income poor?

If you have assets in the USA but apply for residency using the $1,000 minimum income option, they don't care. All you have to do as of now is show a guaranteed lifelong social security income of over $1,000 USD per month.

I'm not sure how any other residency program works if someone is still employed or owns their own company, the social security income option showing in excess of $1,000 a month is what I did. There's plenty of answers on Google about the other options.

Sorry, I don't "explain" how I don't show Costa Rica my entire income, lol, but it has to do with my non social security income flowing through my corporate account, and never going into my personal account, but I access it via ATM's, and my corporate debit cards.

My social security income is the only income in my personal name, if that helps...

Wait...did I just explain it anyway? Oh well, Costa Rica, see if you can find "Netgems"'... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:01 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Netgems wrote:
Rolleratnight wrote:
Netgems wrote:

If you have assets in the USA but apply for residency using the $1,000 minimum income option, they don't care. All you have to do as of now is show a guaranteed lifelong social security income of over $1,000 USD per month.

I'm not sure how any other residency program works if someone is still employed or owns their own company, the social security income option showing in excess of $1,000 a month is what I did. There's plenty of answers on Google about the other options.

Sorry, I don't "explain" how I don't show Costa Rica my entire income, lol, but it has to do with my non social security income flowing through my corporate account, and never going into my personal account, but I access it via ATM's, and my corporate debit cards.

My social security income is the only income in my personal name, if that helps...

Wait...did I just explain it anyway? Oh well, Costa Rica, see if you can find "Netgems"'... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks so much for explaining. So, it’s more about explaining that you aren’t poor, than explaining to them how rich you are. Almost the exact opposite of the USA.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:04 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Thanks so much for explaining. So, it’s more about explaining that you aren’t poor, than explaining to them how rich you are. Almost the exact opposite of the USA.[/quote]

FYI … quick note for clarification … it does not have to be just Social Security - just a life time income from a government source (not an IRA or bank account) of $1,000 USD per month - for example - military retirement. That’s what I used prior to getting SS.

Woozo