www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:40 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

That was an expensive lesson for sure. But it could have been worse. Maybe a lot worse. Even on this semi anonymous message board it took some guts to make that post. Most of the users on this board would not have done so.

Don’t worry about Whitecat. He’s a bitter curmudgeon who pinches his pennies so tightly you can hear them screaming from the next town over. Unless you stick to 25K and under chicas he’s going to make some snide or nasty comment. That’s just who he is. Don’t mind him.
yazk wrote:
However, when I tried to leave, she did crazy things to convince me that what she feels for me is real. She would cut her self a lot, dripping blood ... she also drank pine oil and ended up in the hospital….
Wow. Thats about as big of a red flag as there is. She’s either a shameless liar or a total psycho. Doesn’t really matter which. Your story contains lots of red flags but this one is a giant neon Exit sign blinking in bright red letters.

It’s easy to sit here and say how could you ever let this happen, but the truth is almost all of us have been suckered to some extent when we were first learning the ropes. Most didn’t lose as much as you but there were a few that lost more. The line between fantasy and reality can be very blurry.

Even if you work in a low or mid level IT job in the US or Canada the socioeconomic divide between you and the chicas is like the Grand Canyon. We are basically like lottery tickets for them. Some win a few bucks, some win a bit more, and a few hit the powerball. Your chica hit a good score. You’ll recover before too long but this will possibly be the biggest score of her lifetime.

After a few trips you might meet a few favoritas that you connect with and see regularly when you come down. When you’re with them it can feel like being with a girlfriend but realize that between the distance, cultural differences, language barrier, etc. that just ain’t going to happen.

Enjoy the fantasy for the time you’re there and don’t lose sight of the fact that it is just that… a fantasy. With time and experience it becomes easier to say no and easier to be more selective. As much as you liked this chica realize that there are plenty more right there that will be at least as good and probably better in whatever attracted you to her. If you can do that you’ll have the time of your life. Thanks for sharing your experience. And good luck on future trips. You seem like a good and honest guy. If our paths should ever cross first beer is on me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:19 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

yazk wrote:

This girl she knew I was coming back to CR and did EVERYTHING to make me fall for her, and I did ... I fell for her HARD. Obviously I'm posting on this board because I ended up helping financially, since May until now about ~20K Canadian in total ... I was such an idiot.

[/quote]

Thanks for posting this experience so hopefully someone else will be spared the financial and emotional pain you experienced.

This is just another example of the........... "Power of the Poosie"......... it routinely makes very strong and very intelligent men do very weak and very dumb things with their life and their money.

There's only one thing to remember in this hobby we partake in.......it's PAY 4 PLAY, that's it, nothing more.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:07 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

As Trimologist says......Don't fall into "Captain Save a Ho" Make sure you keep it at "Captain Do Da Ho"

Two important words to remember.... "No" and "Next" but they can be said with kindness. :D :D

Is low self esteem a prerequisite for being a good Ho or is it a result? ;-)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:15 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Lennydo wrote:
As Trimologist says......Don't fall into "Captain Save a Ho" Make sure you keep it at "Captain Do Da Ho"

Two important words to remember.... "No" and "Next" but they can be said with kindness. :D :D

Word!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:26 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

been there done that, its all a part of growing .. best line I ever heard her say - 'I wait.....ONLY for You!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:43 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Sounds like a real sociopath, playing a helpless victim that you attempted to save, and in the end it was all B/S. Many women are to some extent game players, gold diggers and C*ck teasers. Never doubt their capacity to lie and deny. We shouldn't be surprised at this kind of behavior, considering that's what's taught by society, to grab as much as you can get. This one even got it from Mom also.

It could almost make you start hating women and sour on mongering, but I realized they're not all the same and some are pleasant to be around, I just have to try to avoid the bad ones.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:20 pm 

The 'Jackal' calling a puta a sociopath. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:28 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zYaWOX1ea0Q
JT Money - ho problems

Last edited by LocoGringo on Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:41 pm 

LocoGringo wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zYaWOX1ea0Q

Amen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:47 pm 

pedro wrote:
been there done that, its all a part of growing .. best line I ever heard her say - 'I wait.....ONLY for You!

She was telling the truth... :shock:

She was "waiting" only for you... :shock:

All the other guys were already here and lined up around the block at her apartment... :mrgreen: 8) :lol:

My favorite story was a guy who was sending a couple G's a month to his fave ho and paying for her apartment in a nice hood, he took her out of her crime infested barrio, big money in CR, the deal was she would give up the ho life and save herself for his visits, he would stay at the apartment when he came.

It was back in the glory days when HDR was hopping, and he had an idea, tell her he arrives Friday, come Wednesday, stay at HDR and pound a few strange and then show up at the apartment Friday... 8)

One fly in the ointment...first night at HDR he spots her working, she spots him ho-ing...it didn't end well, lol... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:28 pm 

Netgems wrote:

My favorite story was a guy who was sending a couple G's a month to his fave ho and paying for her apartment in a nice hood, he took her out of her crime infested barrio, big money in CR, the deal was she would give up the ho life and save herself for his visits, he would stay at the apartment when he came.

It was back in the glory days when HDR was hopping, and he had an idea, tell her he arrives Friday, come Wednesday, stay at HDR and pound a few strange and then show up at the apartment Friday... 8)

One fly in the ointment...first night at HDR he spots her working, she spots him ho-ing...it didn't end well, lol... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thats pretty much the Pina Collada Song... lol

how have you been old pal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:49 pm 

Hello Colonel,

I still remember asking you if that was your last name and you were a colonel in the military and after laughing for a few minutes you 'splained that handle...

I sent you a PM.

Now for you naive gullible newbies :

You do not...I REPEAT...you do not "fall in love". :(

You fall in delusion... :?

You've been watching too many of those old falling in love 1950's movies, get over it...STOP DOING THAT!!!

Your parents fell in love, that's how you got here. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Normal people in normal relationships fall in love over time, and issues like trust, appreciation, respect and mutual understanding come into play.

To use an analogy, back in my ancient working days in Florida, I had a habit of falling in love with hot sports cars.

My punishment was they were expensive, loved gas and much higher insurance costs, maintenance costs, and a ticket or two every year...

But if I was traveling and rented a car, you know, it was just temporary transportation, I did not fall in love with a rental car even if I upgraded to a hot car, it wasn't mine and it would never be mine but it served it's purpose, providing a ride...that's what hoz do... :P :lol:

You do not...you cannot..."fall in love" with a ho.

She falls in love with your bank account.

These are hoz, accept it, enjoy it for what it is.

They could care less about you, argument over, period. You are an ATM machine with hands, mouth, a tongue and a deek to them...get it??? IT'S AN ACT...IT'S A MIRAGE!!!

These girls are amazing actresses, you could pluck them from San Jose or Jaco and parachute them into Hollywood and in two years all would have Oscars... :mrgreen:

Don't do these things!!!

That's all I got.... :!: :!: :!:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:52 pm 

Yeah, but mine is different.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:04 pm 

Boynton wrote:
Yeah, but mine is different.

“Yeah, but mine is different. She isn’t like other girls, she told me. . . .” One girl’s con was so good I kept buying her drinks just to keep her talking to hear her con. She went on about how she has been lied to and cheated on by other gringos, and how she just wants an “honest man.” Her con was good!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:47 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

To the original poster Yazk,

Sometimes "policies" help prevent us from getting into trouble with ourselves. The same policies can help you avoid losing money in the stock market. For instance, if you invest in broad, low cost ETFs, your return may not be especially impressive. But, you are almost 100% assured not to lose money in the long run. If on the other hand, you put all of your money into a single volatile stock, yes there is a small chance of getting a massive return. However, there is a much greater chance that you will lose most of your money, if not all of it. So, which would you rather have? A small modest return, or to lose all of your money? If you know the risk before leaping in, you could just make a policy that you simply will not invest in individual stocks. If you adhere to the policy, you will not lose money, though at the same time you will not get rich quick from investing in ETFs.

The same can be said of women. If you institute a policy that you simply will not give a woman money unless you are getting something in return, then you will be okay. If you have enough self discipline to stick with the policy, then the next time a woman asks you for money, you respond in return "What am I getting in exchange if I give you this money?" If she says she's going to ride you, then I personally would respond by saying "Okay, I'll give you the money the next time we are in physical proximity, so you can ride me. I will return to CR 2 months from now." If she gets angry and says that's not good enough for her, you can always move on to the next woman. Or, she's patient enough to wait it out, she gets her cash 2 months from now, and you get to shag each other 2 months from now. But if you are able to not deviate from the policy, you will prevent yourself from losing money.

The simple plan is: you are not sending a woman money unless you are getting something in return. If the women doesn't have enough food or is stuck in jail, that's her problem, not matter how unfortunate the situation may be. If she can persuade you to give up your money without providing you anything, then I would recommend working on your self control skills. There are people and books that can help you develop this skill.

On a side note, I have a post in another thread where I am discussing purchases while not getting anything in the moment. Regardless of whether I have any policies in life, this situation is different because I'm not sending her any money directly, I am simply paying for her accommodations, so I am in complete control of the situation, because I can cancel those accommodations and get a refund. If you had to go back and do this situation again, what you could have done instead is offered to pay all of the vendors directly and see what her response is, even though doing so likely would not have been practical. I don't think the jail is going to accept a bail bond payment from another country to get someone released, nor do I think it would be easy to have a grocery store stock a cart and have it waiting for your girl to pick up food.

I personally suggest you make a policy that you don't give women money unless you get something in return. But if you can't adhere to that, fall back on option 2. If I get a woman who tells me her car is broken, then I might say "Okay, I'll pay the mechanic for your repairs, what's the name of his auto shop"? If I send money to a repair shop, she's not going to be able to get anything tangible to sell and turn it into cash she could use on booze or a boyfriend. But if she responds by saying "FU, I need that money now!" Boop, I just caught someone in a lie and will block her and move on. Mind you, I wouldn't send money to the mechanic either, but I would at least be able to authenticate her story to see if she's lying to me.

Generally speaking women tend to be more prolific liars than men; you have to be careful when dealing with them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next