www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Married then abandoned
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:48 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Ok, maybe going against the grain, but I’ve become very good friends with a chica in CR. So, I’m asking on her behalf. Here’s the story (I’ve seen the legal documents, so it’s true). No, not me!

In 1999 a guy, 62 years old visited Nicaragua and married a 16 Year old girl, with her parents consent. He stayed with her in Nicaragua for about 2 months and left, never to be heard from again. (No K*ds).

So, she’s technically still married. Never filed for divorce. She provided me the marriage cert, and I quickly found him.. 83 years old living in CA with what appears to be a wife.

My questions to this group.

1. What would her best path be for divorce?
2. Do you believe she has claim to any estate value? Old guy.. 83.
3. If yes, what route do you think she should take (lawyer Nicaragua? Lawyer Ca?)
4. Any chance she can squeeze a visa/green card outta this?

I know, typically we’re not really looking to give info to support the chica…. But, honestly I found this behavior sickening.

Any help, appreciated. PM me if you want direct contact, or if your an attorney interested.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:11 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Call me a hopeless romantic, but maybe these two can work it out. After all they have two whole months invested in the union. What is a brief separation of eleven years compared to that. Maybe we could start a gofundme for a reunion retreat at Motel Eden, I'm good for 5 colones.

It would make a great TV show, instead of 90-Day Fiance call it 60-Day WifeUp. Brought to you by Indyskeyes & DManWalking, call 1-800-SUE-MANFRED, orafices throughout Central America. Por la Gente

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:54 pm 

Check this out if she was married in Nicaragua she should get a current printout from them listing her status.
If that proves to be the case I would get a lawyer and send him a demand letter for divorce and payment of 22 years of spousal support which should be about $400.00 in Nicaragua (jk). He could actually be in a shitload of trouble especially if he continued filing his taxes as single instead of married filing seperate. Not to mention getting married without being single in commiefornia.

https://www.thespruce.com/marriage-of-u ... ad-2300733
https://www.americansabroad.org/nonamer ... lications/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:19 pm 

My offering a BOGUS phone # was in gest as I thought the claim against Manfred was lame & untrue. As for your math skills they SUK as it would be 22 years. SULBSFGPY
Boynton wrote:
Call me a hopeless romantic, but maybe these two can work it out. After all they have two whole months invested in the union. What is a brief separation of eleven years compared to that. Maybe we could start a gofundme for a reunion retreat at Motel Eden, I'm good for 5 colones.

It would make a great TV show, instead of 90-Day Fiance call it 60-Day WifeUp. Brought to you by Indyskeyes & DManWalking, call 1-800-SUE-MANFRED, orafices throughout Central America. Por la Gente

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:20 pm 

A friend of mine in a moment of monger madness married a Tica here, he was living here then, in less than a year he went back to Florida.

They stayed in touch, he would visit her when he came here, occasionally send money, he saw her working at Sportsmen's his first night one trip, lol. :mrgreen:

After about a year and 1/2, maybe, she (allegedly) left the hoin biz and met a Tico she wanted to marry.

She had an attorney contact him and they had it annulled instead of a divorce, he agreed and used a Tico attorney, she asked for money (naturally) he paid the lawyers fees, both lawyers, and maybe tossed her some small amount, he wanted it done as well. It went down fast.

Not sure if Nicaragua law would allow that but worth looking into.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:07 pm 

DManWalking wrote:
My offering a BOGUS phone # was in gest as I thought the claim against Manfred was lame & untrue. As for your math skills they SUK as it would be 22 years. SULBSFGPY
Boynton wrote:

You mean the number is bogus? I am shocked, next you will be implying the dude only married her to avoid statutory rape charges. How could her parents allow that to happen? What has happend to true love in the tropics?

PS, I could count my defects on one hand, if only math wasn't one of them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:15 pm 

Ilv4play wrote:
Check this out if she was married in Nicaragua she should get a current printout from them listing her status.
If that proves to be the case I would get a lawyer and send him a demand letter for divorce and payment of 22 years of spousal support which should be about $400.00 in Nicaragua (jk). He could actually be in a shitload of trouble especially if he continued filing his taxes as single instead of married filing seperate. Not to mention getting married without being single in commiefornia.

https://www.thespruce.com/marriage-of-u ... ad-2300733
https://www.americansabroad.org/nonamer ... lications/

Great problems in US / Nicaragua foreign relations:
1. Imprisonment of all presidential candidates not named Daniel Ortega
2. This

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:42 pm 

Paco wrote:
Ok, maybe going against the grain, but I’ve become very good friends with a chica in CR. So, I’m asking on her behalf. Here’s the story (I’ve seen the legal documents, so it’s true). No, not me!

In 1999 a guy, 62 years old visited Nicaragua and married a 16 Year old girl, with her parents consent. He stayed with her in Nicaragua for about 2 months and left, never to be heard from again. (No K*ds).

So, she’s technically still married. Never filed for divorce. She provided me the marriage cert, and I quickly found him.. 83 years old living in CA with what appears to be a wife.

3. If yes, what route do you think she should take (lawyer Nicaragua? Lawyer Ca?)

I know, typically we’re not really looking to give info to support the chica…. But, honestly I found this behavior sickening.

Any help, appreciated. PM me if you want direct contact, or if your an attorney interested.

Don't be in any hurry to get a divorce.

Dude's 83, check with a divorce lawyer in his area and one here, and a private dick there to see what he may be worth, not too many poor old guys in California these days supporting a wife.

Back to the private dick : Is he sprinting from his front door to his hot sportscar with a sweet young thang on his arm or is he walking to an SUV with wheelchair lift with walker and oxygen and older woman?

She may be in line as first wife for some piece of the action when he trips the light fantastic, and maybe the estate would have to cough up a bundle to get rid of her.

Could her first legal wife status negate the wife there's rights? She can't legally be a wife if he was already married.

21 or 22 years, can she be eligible for social security?

Man, if he has $$$ and no will, she just may be the new boss in town... 8)

Might be worth it to let sleeping dawgs lie and years from now when he enters his worm food stage, she can sue for big colones, more than her entire village has ever seen...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:29 pm 

Thanks. My sentiments were captured.. I suspect the best route would be to advise wait, claim against estate. But, I’m not looking to foot any bills (private dic)…. Just give her info on his whereabouts and maybe a little info on how probate works. I have no idea who preceded who on the marriage list…. But going after the estate seems the best route. Oh, the one comment about evidence…. I have personally seen the marriage cert…. Including his name, parent names, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:55 pm 

Netgems wrote:
21 or 22 years, can she be eligible for social security?

If she has not gone thru the citizenship process and became a US citizen she will have no claim to his social security and most pensions. Even though she is his wife without being a US citizen she will have no allowable claim. Now if she was somehow able to get US citizenship before he kicks the bucket that could certainly be a nasty surprise for the wife in the US. Damn, I would love to sit in on that one when it's announced.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:03 pm 

Paco wrote:
Oh, the one comment about evidence…. I have personally seen the marriage cert…. Including his name, parent names, etc.

I am not doubting that but I would make sure the registro has it listed, and it was completed, or the paperwork might never have been finished by the courts if there was another filing due. I am not familiar with the Nicaraguan marriage filings but I can assume they are probably on par with the bullshit in Costa Rica especially 22 years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:32 pm 

So, to recap the prior posts (mine excluded) the input from members of the board is how one monger should advise a chica/puta/golddigger on the mechanics of how to strip the most assets from another monger decades after their last encounter. How's that for a "Bro-code" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I still think the proper route is for the OP to encourage the now 38 year old lil darling (I used my abacus for that calculation) to reconcile with her estranged 83 year old hubby. She can grind his oatmeal and wipe the drool from his chinny chin chin. To the brotherhood, may your former conquests find such symPATHETIC knights in rusty armor. :mrgreen:

Last edited by Boynton on Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:27 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

+1000 what Boynton said.

This board, and mongers, shouldn't be helping chicas fleece Gringos. C'mon Man....Imho.

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No advice, tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:29 am 

Paco wrote:

Yep, on the face of it this seems to have been something despicable. But I suspect there is another side, or sides, to the story. Here's one. There is a tradition in rural areas for families to "sell" a daughter to someone wealthy in order to spread the wealth a bit. So the family may well have been highly in favor of this marriage. And ever since they may have blamed her for breaking it up. This whole sort of set up I know from persoanl aquaintance.

And even if the bride was young and willing not all marriages are made in heaven. The dude may well have fled in order to save his life. An unhappy young bride in a village in Nicaragua may not have been a recipe for a long life, especially for an outnumbered gringo.

Not saying any of this happened this way...but. So what would be "equitable". Under most jurisdictions settlements are based on changes in net worth, etc. during the union, plus some amount of support for a limited period of time. If it ended up going through a court proceeding in California I have absolutely no idea what might happen. As for rights to part of his estate...again, if she was determined to be his legal wedded wife for all those years then perhaps she might have spousal rights that way. But this marriage may well not be recognized as even being legal in the USA. I have heard that this can be the case with Costa Rican marriages even today...so who knows. But my guess is that it would be a long shot.

Anyway...it might be nice if she could get something for whatever happened to her as a Ch*ld, which seems unfair no matter how it happened. So in principal...it would be good.

As for abandonment... every working girl in Costa Rica that has had guys send money will claim they have been abandoned when the guy either runs out of money or gets unhappy supporting her, her K*ds from other guys, and the old husband who just happens to move back in the apartment that the gringo is paying for...before the gringos flight is off the ground at SJO. That part I know.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:54 am 

Boynton wrote:
So, to recap the prior posts (mine excluded) the input from members of the board is how one monger should advise a chica/puta/golddigger on the mechanics of how to strip the most assets from another monger decades after their last encounter. How's that for a "Bro-code" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I still think the proper route is for the OP to encourage the now 38 year old lil darling (I used my abacus for that calculation) to reconcile with her estranged 83 year old hubby. She can grind his oatmeal and wipe the drool from his chinny chin chin. To the brotherhood, may your former conquests find such symPATHETIC knights in rusty armor. :mrgreen:

I agree, and well put. Chicas have never needed any help in stripping the assets from mongers.