www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:16 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Anyone here have any experience with ticas getting tourist visas to visit the USA? What's the general experience like? How much money does the USA typically want to see to grant a tourist visa?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:22 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Last I heard it is very difficult for them

Basics*
They need evidence they have $10k in the bank
Evidence of an income
A home / proof of reason to come back to CR
Pass an interview attesting to all of the above

*This is from various ticas so it may or may not be true

Much easier for them to go to Canada

Last edited by Jfoot on Mon May 16, 2022 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:42 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Jfoot wrote:

Basics*
Evidence of an income

That's a surprise to me. I'm Canadian and have heard it is similar to the US. But I hope you are right.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:50 pm 

Jfoot wrote:

Basics*
Evidence of an income

"And after the vacation I give it right back, papi" :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:15 am 

Boynton wrote:
Jfoot wrote:

Basics*
Evidence of an income

Yep...lol

Write off anything you give... both in your accounts, and in your mind.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:49 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

This is 100% true and from experience.
My buddy John took numerous trips to CR to meet up with the 'last of his life. He figured it would be better for her to come to the states and spend time with him, take trips to the Bahamas on his boat, etc.
After discussing the visa situation with her, he wired $5000 to her, to get the ball rolling.
She called him frantic, but he couldn't understand what she was saying and asked me to translate.
She stated that the bak charged $50 for an incoming wire fee and could he please reimburse her.
I simply translated ' hey John, you won't see her again '

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:19 am 

WakingUp wrote:
Anyone here have any experience with ticas getting tourist visas to visit the USA? What's the general experience like? How much money does the USA typically want to see to grant a tourist visa?

1. Never give traveling money directly to a chica. You will never see it or her again.
2. If you have a chica bugging you to come to the USA who does not already have a VISA, dump her. Once that idea has taken hold, you will never hear the end of it.
3. If you want to, consider taking her with you to a vacation spot inside the country; Caribbean - Puerto Viejo, Cahuita; Guanacaste - Brasilito; Mountains - Orosi, Poas. Avoid the touristy resorts with spas. Consider AirBNB.
4. Negotiate the costs in advance, only pay her after the trip. If you do, she will spend the money and 'desperately need' more post trip. Budget incidental expenses as part of the vacation costs.

Traveling with a chica will NOT save you money. Do it only if you want to travel and have sex readily available. Don't take her to Jaco, they have chicas available.

PS. Tourist visas to the US are good for 10 years and more easily renewable. I have taken two different chicas to the US on 'visa runs' before my residency was approved. Both chicas got their visas when they were students and were traveling with their parents on family vacations.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:07 pm 

Most chicas will not be granted a US Visa. They need to show sufficient bank balance. a real job or business and references. The burden of proof is on THEM to show they have reasons to return to CR. The in-person interview is also a killer for most.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:40 am 

Thank guys, you confirmed what I thought I had read in different places online (i.e. it's almost impossible).

I'm sad for her as she only wants at least a trip in the US to see what it's like and to work up here to make more money but alas it is what it is.

I'm not giving her any money to help with her visa and she knows I will never marry her.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:23 am 

Boynton wrote:
Jfoot wrote:

Basics*
Evidence of an income

You can't deposit money into the bank all at once just for the interview. The embassy looks at history and is looking for consistent, regular deposits (which would indicate a steady job).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:57 pm 

The 10k requirement is insane considering the wages in Latin America but understandable given our immigration problem.

In the USA most people don't even have 1k in the bank... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 10:56 pm 

Well, my friend's tourist visa application got rejected today. The woman didn't say why. I wasn't there to see it go down, so it really could be anything.

The original plan was for my friend's tica friend living in NYC to write a letter vouching for her and vouching for a plan for my friend to visit NYC for a vacation.

She didn't come through, so I wrote a letter instead - also as her "friend." My friend thinks my letter is what got her denied. In hindsight, I can see why. What male "friend" has a female "friend" from Costa Rica stay at his home for a vacation?

It may have been smarter to just say I was her boyfriend even though that is a stretch too since I openly tell her I don't want a girlfriend and still have fun with putas when I visit.

It may have been money - she only had like 2-3k in the bank. I have it on good account though that money isn't really per se what they're looking for. A friend of mine told me they're looking for proof "you have a reason to return to Costa Rica." If that is true, my friend's application was admittedly pretty weak.

Now HERE'S the kicker: my friend openly tells me now she needs to find a gringo to marry for a visa. Even if she doesn't love him. Even if there's no sexual attraction. I try to explain to her how phucking insane that is but she just doesn't get it.

We have a lot of fun, but she's phucking nuts. And that, among many other reasons, is why if she gets a marriage visa it will be some other man's problem.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 11:38 pm 

WakingUp wrote:
Well, my friend's tourist visa application got rejected today. The woman didn't say why. I wasn't there to see it go down, so it really could be anything.

The original plan was for my friend's tica friend living in NYC to write a letter vouching for her and vouching for a plan for my friend to visit NYC for a vacation.

She didn't come through, so I wrote a letter instead - also as her "friend." My friend thinks my letter is what got her denied. In hindsight, I can see why. What male "friend" has a female "friend" from Costa Rica stay at his home for a vacation?

It may have been smarter to just say I was her boyfriend even though that is a stretch too since I openly tell her I don't want a girlfriend and still have fun with putas when I visit.

It may have been money - she only had like 2-3k in the bank. I have it on good account though that money isn't really per se what they're looking for. A friend of mine told me they're looking for proof "you have a reason to return to Costa Rica." If that is true, my friend's application was admittedly pretty weak.

Now HERE'S the kicker: my friend openly tells me now she needs to find a gringo to marry for a visa. Even if she doesn't love him. Even if there's no sexual attraction. I try to explain to her how phucking insane that is but she just doesn't get it.

We have a lot of fun, but she's phucking nuts. And that, among many other reasons, is why if she gets a marriage visa it will be some other man's problem.

And it is not automatic I think. Not sure about US, but for Canada marriage does not mean an immediate visa. Many have waited years for a spouse to get a visa to get in.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 9:28 pm 

Just get her a passport and take her to Cancun

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 11:00 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

The easiest by far is to apply for a fiancee visa which is good for 90 days. If you do not get married in that time frame she has to return to country of origin and that is the end of it. You have a right to change your mind and at a later date fall in love and apply for another fiancee visa pretty much no questions asked as long as the previous one returned before the end of the 90 days. I have used it 3 times with no problems.