www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:32 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

For those of you who have developed relationships with non-working girls: did you have to keep your mongering history a secret like you would in the USA or can you be open about it?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:07 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

what do you think?

In case you don't know, a civilian from a good family will have nothing to do with a whore monger.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:53 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Orange wrote:
what do you think?

In case you don't know, a civilian from a good family will have nothing to do with a whore monger.

Well, Costa Rica obviously has a very different attitude towards prostitution than the USA, so I wondered if they would be more accepting of it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:03 am 

Oil and water between the two. I used to get 2 rooms in CR when I would come for a month at a time. One in the gulch for the dirties, and one outside, where I looked like a respectable gringo that was a little clueless about that lifestyle. My teachers at the Spanish school figured it out relatively fast, but I never confirmed I was playing in the Gulch. Loose lips sink ships in the world of P4P for all those outside of the lifestyle. I never offered money to a girl I hooked up with outside of the gulch but I would go shopping with them and buy them groceries, usually because I would be cooking for them but I would always buy extra stuff that I planned on leaving at their house as I knew that would be appreciated and they would not feel as if I was paying for sex. Use your top head and not the bottom one and you will do just fine.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:42 pm 

WakingUp wrote:
Orange wrote:
what do you think?

Well, Costa Rica obviously has a very different attitude towards prostitution than the USA, so I wondered if they would be more accepting of it.

I don't think they are much, if any, more accepting of it. The history of laws around it are different...Costa Rica, like many other countries, does not make it illegal, but does make many activities around it illegal (pimping, etc).

But as far as acceptance...I think not. They know about it...and lots of locals participate (secretly), but it's not acceptable in polite society.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:55 pm 

Zeos wrote:
WakingUp wrote:
Orange wrote:
what do you think?

I don't think they are much, if any, more accepting of it. The history of laws around it are different...Costa Rica, like many other countries, does not make it illegal, but does make many activities around it illegal (pimping, etc).

But as far as acceptance...I think not. They know about it...and lots of locals participate (secretly), but it's not acceptable in polite society.

And I will add... many view the gringo tourists as the lowest of the low scumbags... sex tourism makes their country look bad, it makes the people look bad...and they tolerate it for various reasons...but resent and hate it (and if they are women they don't understand it at all either).

So...partying publicly and carrying on publicly with working girls is something I would avoid like the plague. Going out privately to a nice restaurant...fine. No one knows the arrangement (although they can probably guess)...but don't be surprised if you are walking down the street that the girl may want to walk a few steps behind or away...let her. Chances are she will see someone she knows, a family member, whatever. So give her the space...offer it even. It's really a small town environment. I almost always run into someone I know when I walk downtown....and I don't even live there, so I can imagine that many of the girls that come from there don't want to be seen walking arm in arm with a gringo.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:26 am 

Yes, if you are dating a truly "non-working" woman, don't even think of staying in the gulch. More than a decade ago, I was dating a "civilian" woman from Alajuela while staying at Hotel Castillo. We drove back from Puerto Viejo after spending a few days at the beach. I decided to swing by the hotel before heading back to her house. I thought the Castillo appeared pretty innocuous... and could pass the straight-face test. Apparently, I was wrong.