www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:57 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Yeah, I registered but didn't join because I'll only be here for another month on this trip. you can reach me at
rbasker13 at gee mail

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:47 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

911 Driver wrote:
Wylie,
Can't PM you, perhaps you should consider joining. You are living where I hope to be in the next few years.
Regards, 911 Driver

You don't need to be VIP to be able to send/receive private messages.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:47 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Bus from Atenas gets you into San Jose in a couple hours for five or six bucks. Another $40 gets you an hour at numerous mps. Where there's a will there's a way.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:05 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Pops wrote:
Where there's a will there's a way.

Wise words. Couldn't tell you how many thousands of miles I've traveled to monger. :roll:

• Have Fun!
  • No Drama!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:26 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I have been to SJ 50+ times and have gone out with several ladies. I do speak Spanish fluently, I am Latino and I think it has helped out quite a bit.I do ask attractive ladies out, sometimes I get turned down but sometimes I don't. Here is an example:
I went to Opticas Vision, I was examined by a hot Dr. we chatted and joked she seemed in her late 20's early 30's and I decided to pull her aside from the staff and asked her if she was interested in meeting for drinks and dinner. To my surprise she gave me her # and asked me to call her later. I called her and she accepted, she met me at the bar at Crown Plaza for drinks and after 2 glasses of wine she came up with me and we screwed our brains out.. I gave her $50 and she was good with it and now I call her when I'm in town and see her.
I have had success with several ladies by just talking with them. Here is what I don't do:
Wear shorts, wear t-shirts, or tennis shoes and especially NO Hawaiian shirts!! and above all.. learn Spanish! be nice, smile and a gentleman and of course smell nice. I think the regular working girls don't care but the semi-pro and regular ladies like to be hit on and love to flirt. If you compliment them and flirt with them.. you'll be surprised
Just my 2 centavos
Good luck!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:12 pm 

Or you could just walk up to her and say the name of one of our famous CRT posters, "Heywood Jablowme?" :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:41 am 

GarotaLover wrote:
Here is what I don't do:
Wear shorts, wear t-shirts, or tennis shoes and especially NO Hawaiian shirts!! and above all.. learn Spanish! be nice, smile and a gentleman and of course smell nice. I think the regular working girls don't care but the semi-pro and regular ladies like to be hit on and love to flirt. If you compliment them and flirt with them.. you'll be surprised
Just my 2 centavos
Good luck!!

Thank you for this. In short, have some class. Sometimes I feel like I'm crying in the wilderness. Thanks Garotalover!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:27 pm 

Enjoyed reading - would also enjoy an update on how your quest for a date went!

One a side note....could someone recommend a good optometrist in San Jose?
Thank you. I Could use some new contacts on the cheap. 8) 8)

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No advice, tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:31 pm 

Asembis....... on the corner at Avenida 1 and (about) Calle Central in San Jose Centro.

It's a chain of medical clinics with several medical specialties, including optometry and opthalmology.

A refraction and prescription costs 3,000 colones.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:12 am 

Californiamann wrote:
One a side note....could someone recommend a good optometrist in San Jose?
Thank you. I Could use some new contacts on the cheap. 8) 8)

Go to any Opticas Vision place. It's a chain. A contact lens exam costs ¢5,000 (eye glass exam is ¢3,000). They will give you a printed prescription.

However, don't buy contacts in CR, you will overpay. Get the prescription and order online in the US. VisionDirect is ok (They usually send me 15-30% discount codes, so when you are ready to order PM me and if I have a code, I'll send it to you). Another good site is ContactsCheaper

Tip: no matter what site you order from, always do a google search for discount/promo codes for the site before you order. You can save some money with very little effort.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:45 pm 

Thanks everybody. If you could PM a discount code ORANGE, I'll order online thanks.
Caliman

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No advice, tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:19 pm 

Californiamann wrote:
Thanks everybody. If you could PM a discount code ORANGE, I'll order online thanks.
Caliman
PM me when you have your script in hand and are ready to order because they are only good for about a week.