www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:16 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Greetings,
I am an older gringo staying in Atenas area in a rented casita, using taxis for transportation.

I want to proposition a 21 year old Tica, still living home, waitress in a restaurant I frequent, but not knowing if she's interested in earning extra money ($100, $150?) or even having a romp, I don't know how to approach it so I don't offend if she's not interested.

What should I say and how should I handle it?

Thank you in advance

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:20 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Just ask her out. Almost like asking her out on a date. You will know pretty quickly if she is interested. Just don't do it in public(in front of a lot of people where she would have to say no). If she is interested in working, you will know. Fortune favors the bold. But if she says no. Don't sweat it. Because if she ever needs help in the future, she will know where she can go.....

the DR

<-----OG'n it from the shadows........ 8)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:49 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thanks so much, Dr.

If I ask her out on a date, which I guess would mean dinner somewhere, how will she know what I'm looking for , and willing to pay for it? How do I convey that?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:19 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

dr. gives good advice...on the date, try a hand hold, or a hug...she should give you the green or red light ..or at least some
insight if there will be pay for play...good luck pls report back

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:05 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

My suggestion is that you make small talk and ask what is her day off, and what time does she get off of work. that should be enough for her to get the idea.
you can chose a small local local restaurant and go from there. have some drinks available at your place and suggest that you take it to go.
go easy and you will be surprised how receptive she will be. money may not come up. slip some into her jeans
I wouldnt sweat it. just remember she doesnt make alot of money, so $60 may be a good price.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:17 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

keep us updated wylie!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:23 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I will, guys. She hasn't been to work

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:38 am 

Maybe she has already been awarded a "scholarship" from another gringo. :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:49 am 
One thing is for sure..... she will not want to be seen with an old gringo anywhere near atenas. Take her to grecia or san jose or.....
Anywhere but around atenas.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:41 am 

wylie wrote:
Thanks so much, Dr.

If I ask her out on a date, which I guess would mean dinner somewhere, how will she know what I'm looking for , and willing to pay for it? How do I convey that?

Time is on your side. Don't be too overly-anxious. Take time for her to get to know you and for you to become "the nice older gringo gentleman" in the restaurant. If her face lights up when you enter the restaurant, that's a good sign. Assuming you speak Spanish, make conversation with her... make her laugh... and watch her body language. If you are still getting positive signals, it may be an act, or it may that she genuinely likes you (or at least is entertained by you). If positive sginals continue, pull the trigger and ask her out. I would suggest a daytime activity on her day off... preferably in another pueblo (nearby Sarchi or Grecia). Follow-up with a late lunch or early dinner. You'll have a window of a few hours for you to get to know her better and vice versa. If she seems to warm up to you, ask her if she would like to come back to your place. The worst she can say is "No."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:13 pm 

IMO, this is a tough spot for the OP. If he asks her out, she may naturally assume that he's asking her out on a real date. If she is not interested, she will decline. But if she was in the game, and knew he is looking for p4p, she would probably accept. I wil, admit that this could get awkward, but you could take her to the side and ask if she would like to come back to your place and you would help her with some money. It may work, she may yell at you and label you as the perv gringo, or you may get slapped. :lol: Like I said, it's a tough spot.

How about asking her if she knows where you can find some company? A massage parlor? And jokingly say, you want to make some extra money?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:48 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Orange wrote:
IMO, this is a tough spot for the OP. If he asks her out, she may naturally assume that he's asking her out on a real date. If she is not interested, she will decline. But if she was in the game, and knew he is looking for p4p, she would probably accept. I wil, admit that this could get awkward, but you could take her to the side and ask if she would like to come back to your place and you would help her with some money. It may work, she may yell at you and label you as the perv gringo, or you may get slapped. :lol: Like I said, it's a tough spot.

How about asking her if she knows where you can find some company? A massage parlor? And jokingly say, you want to make some extra money?

I have to disagree with my friend Orange here. If she is in the game she will make it apparent. Especially if she is in the game I would say. If she is not in the game, I would think you would be turned down. That is why I think asking in private is important.

the DR

<-------OG----- 8)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:31 pm 

Forget her and go to town and get a $40.00 special. The word "date" in CR can be cuntfusing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:41 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

You know, I would do just that, brother, and cut to the chase, but I don't know anywhere in Atenas you can go and chat up a working girl. By town you mean SJ, I'm sure.
Going into SJ at night and coming back to Atenas, when you have no car, would be a pain, or an expensive taxi, I would think. And I don't know my way around the city very well at all.
But you make sense

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:57 pm 

Wylie,
Can't PM you, perhaps you should consider joining. You are living where I hope to be in the next few years.
Regards, 911 Driver

The happy hour is a device either for getting rid of social obligations hurriedly en masse or for making overtures toward more serious social relationships, as in the etiquette of whoring.- Brooks Atkinson