www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:52 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hey everyone! I have a couple questions.

I have been flying to Colombia and the Dominican Republic for some time now. Getting women there is like fishing in a barrel. Its not even a challenge. However, a friend has convinced me to start going to CR. So, I am planning on making my first trip next month. Here are my questions... how are the girls in regards to "having a good time" in comparison to those of women in Colombia? How are they on age difference. For instance, at 36 would it be easy to "date" girls in their early 20's?

I hope my questions are not out of line. Thanks in advance for your answers and take care!

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:20 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Biggest question is do you speak Spanish. If you do not or are limited in your ability you will find yourself in the Gulch continuing on the Fish in a Barrel path. If you are fluent then you will have a lot more opportunities and will not be limited to just the Gringo bars. The other thing that comes into question is how comfortable are you approaching a woman or group of guys and gals and asking her to dance (assuming you can dance Salsa or Merengue). If you are not afraid to take chances you will find that you will have a pretty good ratio of yes's vs no's then it is up to you to use your charm and get them interested. If this is the type of girl you are looking for then you will need to have a room somewhere other than the Mongering hotels as most of the non working women would not be caught going into one of those establishments. As for the Age issue that is something that will not be a problem I was in my 40's and had no issues with the 20 somethings but I actually preferred the older ones in the mid-late 30's

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:01 pm 

It is hard to NOT have a good time in CR. It will be what you want to make it to be. The resources are almost limitless.

It's easy for a guy TWICE your age to have fun with 20-somethings.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:12 pm 

Hate to sday this because I do still like Costa Rica..

BUT !!! If you have traveled to Medellin and experienced the Paisas, you are in for a letdown :(

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:20 am 

El Silencioso wrote:
Hate to sday this because I do still like Costa Rica..

BUT !!! If you have traveled to Medellin and experienced the Paisas, you are in for a letdown :(

Been coming to CR for two decades, do love it but it isn't what it used to be, not since the top shelf colombianas from the 2004-2007 period left (or stopped coming). Cocal has raised the ratings a bit recently, but it is different from the glory HDR days.

Will be spending 5 days in the gulch next week, then hitting Mansion in Medellin for 6 days. If you are right, I'm in for bliss in MDE! :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:04 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

If you don't have trouble getting laid normally. You will not have any problem here. You just gotta make sure you don't let the women beat you. Which as you can see by reading this forum. A LOT of guys have been worked and are bitter. :shock: Speaking Spanish helps TONS. But it is not a deal breaker. At least not at first. But what do I know about women??????

the DR

<-----OG'n it since before before CRT.... :wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:59 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I am a native Spanish speaker. I am Spanish and grew up in the U.S.

I'm looking to have a good time down there. Not looking for anything serious. I can't see myself bringing a girl back here and potentially losing half of what I have worked hard to get. But I do love to have fun! I don't see myself getting gamed. The minute a girl starts telling me sob stories or coming up with all kinds of excuses for needing money, I'm out the door.

Are the girls as friendly as they are in Colombia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:33 am 

Are you looking for hookers or non? BTW- In Colombia, that line is very thin. In Costa Rica, less.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:11 pm 

Orange wrote:
Are you looking for hookers or non? BTW- In Colombia, that line is very thin. In Costa Rica, less.

Thought provoking comment, Orange...

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:25 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Orange wrote:

Well, either! I don't mind some P4P sometimes if she is exceptional. But also like the chase of regular girls. Sometimes hookers are easier to deal with. They have what you want, you pay, and then after the fun they go away and don't (typically) start asking about a serious relationship.

And yes, in Colombia it is a thin line!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:12 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Would anyone mind sending me a PM, with some details about a beginner trip to MDE. I'm having trouble putting together a decent plan for a solo trip soon.

Edit: sorry for bumping an old thread.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:51 am 

Grayrider wrote:
Would anyone mind sending me a PM, with some details about a beginner trip to MDE. I'm having trouble putting together a decent plan for a solo trip soon.

Edit: sorry for bumping an old thread.

Check your PM.