www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chinese/Tica Girlfriend
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:49 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Sorry, guys. I'm waiting for my host to wake up, and I just can't help gushing about Costa Rica. I think I'm in Love! with the country, that is.

My friend, Jerry, did warn me about actually falling in love, here. I'm only 2 months out of a 10-year relationship in Seattle, but I've never been married and I don't have any K*ds that I know of. Jerry warned me not to fall in love, unless I was going to live in Costa Rica permanently or take the girl back to the USA with me. He says that long-distance USA-Guy/Tica relationships fail approximately 100% of the time.

I was unprepared for the large number of Chinese that live in Costa Rica, especially in San José. The neighborhood that I'm in has one guy from the USA (Jerry), three middle-class Ticos, and a dozen or so Chinese guys, that own the homes here.

Jerry's girlfriend is half Chinese and half Tica, the daughter of the Chinese guy and his Tica wife, that live right across the street. I had some information about Ticas before I came to Costa Rica, and they are every bit the pleasant company that I was led to believe. However, as I found out on Day #1, a Chinese guy and a Tica can make one drop-dead gorgeous little hot-body of a baby. Every where that we have been so far this week, every single pair of eyes in the place stares at her from the time we enter until the time that we leave. Ticas give her all kinds of nasty looks; they are jealous as hell.

Although she's half Tica and lives in Costa Rica, she definitely has an Asian demeanor and personality. She did live in China for about 5 years, I think they told me. She's 25 years old, but she has the face and body of a 14-year-old girl, and her Daddy lives 30 meters away, which makes things a little awkward. Jerry is good friends with the guy. They smile and wave at each other every time they see each other. As we were pulling out of the garage yesterday, Jerry smiled and waved at the guy, sitting on his front porch. As he was waving and smiling, Jerry said (the car windows were up, so only I could hear him), "Hello there, Sir! I phucked your daughter nasty, last night on the kitchen counter." I just thought, "Man, you are going straight to hell!" A good laugh.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 11:02 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

can you find out what neighborhood is that?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 11:26 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Daddy123 wrote:

I know it's not far from a golf course (Valley del Sol?). His girlfriend calls the location "Santana," which is how Ticos seem to pronounce "Santa Ana." he says that they are not really in Santa Ana, but pretty close to it. Beyond that, I apologize, but I'm not going to post the name of the neighborhood or anything specific. it is the Internet, after all, and this is his private home.

One thing that I think is really cool about Costa Rica is that a home of any decent size usually gets its own name.

He says that although things are slowly changing, Costa Rica still doesn't have a street address system. Costa Rica does have postal codes ("zip" codes) now, though. Jerry told me that Absolutely None of his mail or packages have been lost since Costa Rica started using postal codes. I know that he insists that I write the postal code and his business telephone number on anything that I send to him from the USA. Usually, the Costa Rican Post Office, FedEx, DHL, etc. will call him on the phone when they are about to deliver a package, to verify the location of his house. The "House Names" make that a lot easier.

Last edited by outtatime21 on Tue May 05, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:26 pm 

outtatime21 wrote:
Daddy123 wrote:

I know it's not far from a golf course (Valley del Sol?). His girlfriend calls the location "Santana," which is how Ticos seem to pronounce "Santa Ana." he says that they are not really in Santa Ana, but pretty close to it. Beyond that, I apologize, but I'm not going to post the name of the neighborhood or anything specific. it is the Internet, after all, and this is his private home.

no worries.. just needed to get pointed in the right direction as im looking for different areas to settle into myself... though naming the actual house yet protecting the identity of the neighborhood seems counterproductive...

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:30 pm 

[quote="outtatime21"]

He says that although things are slowly changing, Costa Rica still doesn't have a street address system. Costa Rica does have postal codes ("zip" codes) now, though. /quote]

it is amazing that this system still works today in Cr and around the world...

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:31 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Daddy123 wrote:
outtatime21 wrote:
Daddy123 wrote:

no worries.. just needed to get pointed in the right direction as im looking for different areas to settle into myself... though naming the actual house yet protecting the identity of the neighborhood seems counterproductive...

Because you can always change the name of the house. I doubt that anyone knows where it is anyway, except for the neighbors. It's pretty secluded. Only the delivery guys would know the name, and they already know where the house is anyway, if you expect to get stuff delivered.

I could say, "Avenida Escazu," (the name of a neighborhood) and people can point you to it. "Gates of Heaven?" Nobody knows where it is.