www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:04 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

One other thing I wanted to point out in terms of whether being late is a "Tica" thing or a "puta" thing. It is really neither!! It is, if anything, a "LATINO" thing!!

About 35 years ago when I first started hiring Mexican workers I was invited to a party at one of their homes. I was told the party started at 5pm. At that time, not knowing Spanish, and not wanting to be the first to arrive, I waited till almost 5:30 to arrive. Shocker!! I was the first to arrive! In fact no one else arrived till almost 7pm. I asked the host if I had misunderstood the time. NO, it was just the way they did things. Seems everyone always announced the start time to be 2 hours earlier than guests were actually expected to arrive because everyone (but me) knew that 5pm meant 7pm. After this, every time I was invited to a party in a Latino's home I always arrived 2 hours late and always arrived with all the other quests!!!

When I got married in Colombia the reception/party was, according to the invitations, suppose to start at 6pm. A little after 7pm the first guests started arriving! 350 people were fashionable "LATE"!!!! :roll: :wink: :P

All that said, I still do not tolerate a chica being late for an appointment (date) with me, and especially if they do not let me know ahead of time they are going to be late!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:17 pm 

RoadMn295 wrote:
Do any of you guys have strategies for dealing with this? Or is it just something you either tolerate with certain girls, or cut them out of your rotation.

Always make appointments with at least two chicas for the same time slot.

Tell them whomever shows up first gets the prize (i.e. your money).

If they show up at the same time, take one first and tell the other one to wait. Or if you and they are so inclined, have a dupla.

If neither one shows up on time and neither one texts or calls don't freak out and start muttering about "disrespect" and such. Instead, take a stroll over to the SL or HDR and pick out your next victim.

Take said victim back to your hotel and enjoy. If you're lucky one or both of your original appointments will be there waiting for you when you walk by them with your Next! At which point you can nod and say, "I'll be with you in a while."

Problem solved. Always remember you're in control.

mh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:23 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Miamiheller wrote:
RoadMn295 wrote:
Do any of you guys have strategies for dealing with this? Or is it just something you either tolerate with certain girls, or cut them out of your rotation.

If they show up at the same time, take one first and tell the other one to wait. Or if you and they are so inclined, have a dupla.

If neither one shows up on time and neither one texts or calls don't freak out and start muttering about "disrespect" and such. Instead, take a stroll over to the SL or HDR and pick out your next victim.

Take said victim back to your hotel and enjoy. If you're lucky one or both of your original appointments will be there waiting for you when you walk by them with your Next! At which point you can nod and say, "I'll be with you in a while."

mh

Good luck making a chica wait an hour while you bang another one. Also good luck dealing with her attitude when its her turn if she even bothers to stick around.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:20 pm 

Devo wrote:
Miamiheller wrote:
RoadMn295 wrote:

mh

Good luck making a chica wait an hour while you bang another one. Also good luck dealing with her attitude when its her turn if she even bothers to stick around.

Works like a charm, actually. ;)

mh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:29 pm 

have to understand MH is a freaking stone pimp daddy and a heat fan to boot :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:30 pm 

LAdiablo wrote:
have to understand MH is a freaking stone pimp daddy and a heat fan to boot :lol:

You just jealous, you Laker dweeb :D

mh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:10 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6MbPWzIFUk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:28 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

BashfulDwarf wrote:
Mattyice wrote:
A chica showing up late or not at all is a display of disrespect...

oh Gawd ... you are addressing a group of males regarding a group females that are principally thought of as nothing more than sex objects:seldom giving credit even to their ability to walk and talk. And you measure respect by the sex object's ability to show up on time?!?!?!? :mrgreen:

Haha Bash, yes, yes I do. Whether you care about having their respect is up to you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:04 am 

Miamiheller wrote:
LAdiablo wrote:

You just jealous, you Laker dweeb :D

mh

got that right and i still watched that patch work team give the champs a run for their money. we will be back.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:06 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

By the way Bigal, you flying solo today or did she "patch the thin ice"? :roll: :wink: :P :lol: Have a good trip my friend!!![/quote]

< well, I went to the airport solo. We had planned a long weekend in Panama City, She loves to travel and I love the 24 hour a day access to her sweet side, (uh sides :D ). We hit a rough patch earlier in the week, one of her "money men" was in town, actually, for a couple of days, two were in town. But the day before the trip she turned sweet again, oh so sweet. Sometimes I think fighting with her is worth the trouble, so I can experience the making up.

Long story short, ok I know, a little late for that, I told her she could go with me. She said she would be at my apartment at 9am with her friend, (Taxi guy). I made it clear it had to be 9. At 8 I texted her a reminder, She answered that she was ahead of schedule and would be early, I could depend on her. 8:45 I texted her again to ask if she was on the way. No answer, she didn't even read the text. 5 till 9, taxi driver called to tell me she had some problems and would be a little late. He said they would be here by 9:10 and we would have no problem getting to airport on time. Of course I can't be sure, but knowing the relationship between the two of them, I am pretty sure the "problems" she had were in the bed with him. Still I had already bought the tickets, so I waited till 9:10. No show.

I walked to the street and grabbed a taxi. 5 minutes later she called, "where are you? I am here" I reminded her I had told her to be on time. I told her I was in a taxi and I would see her next week if I had time. I got to the airport at 9:50. She was standing there waiting for me. They can do things in a hurry when they want to. I was still a little sore, although the " breaking in the room" helped a lot, so later last night when we were in the mall and she was trying on several pairs of short-shorts and asking my opinion,( hoping I'd say "great, I'll buy those for you") I told her they made her look fat. That didn't go over very well, but she has "porked up" a bit lately. She spent the next 3 hours on her cell, texting 3 other guys and making sure I knew what she was doing and who she was doing it with. She even tilted the phone my was a couple of times so I wouldn't miss it. two of them I have known about for several months, the third surprised me a bit, but he has plenty of money, so it shouldn't. Needless to say the evining didn't go well from there, even bedtime was less than stellar. But today is another day and I am sure she will want to take another shot at shopping. We'll see.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:52 pm 

Let me get this right: People actually spend their time waiting on a bird of the night to show up at a designated time? Say what?

Just like Matt, I too will allow for a 15 min delay. However, after 15 mins., deal is off and I'm off to some other promised land. Funny as all get out when they try to reschedule too.

There are lots of $50 love affairs just waiting to happen and who knows....you just may and quite likely can find an even better situation than what was first set up. 8)

"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the over-compensations for misery. And, of course, stability isn't nearly so spectacular as instability. And being contented has none of the glamour of a good fight against misfortune, none of the picturesqueness of a struggle with temptation, or a fatal overthrow by passion or doubt. Happiness is never grand."
- Aldous Huxley, Brave New World, Ch. 16