www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Post Deleted by author
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:02 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Post Deleted by author

Last edited by RoadMn295 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:29 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

a further question: these complaints are always about working girls having no respect for the clock. Is it a cultural thing, or is it simply prevalent in this group?

I ask because the few dealings with Costa Rican's outside of the gulch haven't been so bad on the time thing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:45 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

RoadMn295 wrote:
A friend who lives in CR recently told me about his "50/50/100 Rule":

If you have a date with a chica it is 50/50 whether she will even show up at all and, if she does show up, it is 100% certain she will show up late.

I've written off a few nice chicas because they were habitually so damn late ( 1 1/2 hours) I decided to just never see them again. One was really worth repeating too; sexy, pretty, great performer….just WAY late.

So I know about the "next" option. But still…..

Do any of you guys have strategies for dealing with this? Or is it just something you either tolerate with certain girls, or cut them out of your rotation.

My friend's 50/50/100 rule came with the implicit understanding that this is simply just going to happen. However, he lives there and has the luxury of time. When I'm in CR on a visit I really DONT LIKE my day being half wasted while I wait for a date I really like and want to see. It pisses me off. But maybe I need to back off my expectations a little?

How I deal with it with everyone (professionals as well)

Appointment 5 pm

No call no show 5.10 pm

I leave

5.45 pm they call "where are you", Me. "I had to run out but wiill be back in 15 minutes"

6.20 pm they call again "where are you", Me. "sorry traffic should not be much longer"

7 pm I show up and they are obviously upset. Them "what took so long I have been waiting over an Hour" Me. "at least I had enough respect to call, my time is as valuable as your's do not be late again"

Probably works best with professional, with a date I would probably just call at 7 and say I can not make it or not show up at all. Some people will never change regardless how you deal with it.

just my 2 cents

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:53 am 

A chica showing up late or not at all is a display of disrespect, regardless of whether its in costa rica or the good ol usa. If you tolerate it, youve just given her hand. If it were me, I would make it known that im mad about it. Depending on her response I might continue seeing her. Dont let these chicas walk all over you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:01 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Very simple, tell her to show up 1-2 hours before you actually want to see her and go about your day. It goes against our nature to be late and will feel uncomfortable at first, but just go with it. In the very unlikely event she shows up on time, just give her the same bullshit excuses she gives you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:15 am 

There is a difference between "Tico time" and "Puta Time". I have found that is some situations Ticos can be very punctual, in other situations they understand an appointment to be a general goal and being late is no big deal.

As for "Puta time": I disagree with the 100% rule. I have 4 regulars who are almost always on time, If they are going to be late, even 5 minutes, I get a text. These are all over 25, and see the value of a regular customer and regular income. With only a few regular customers they can generate a dependable cash flow. But I live here.

For a visitor, they see only now. If the previous session goes long, they are late. If they get a call with a NOW offer, they are an hour or more late. They hope you will still be there, but they almost always take the chance. Many have pimps, taxi drivers, Hotel owners, family members, they are obligated to answer those calls first. So more often than not, they are late.

I have adopted a policy of telling unknowns that if they are late, I will not be there. I usually give them 10-15 minutes, depending on how much I want to do her, then I am gone. I haven't found this to make a difference for future appointments, but I now have that reputation, maybe it helps a little. To me, there are too many chicas available to put up with crap. I usually have a back-up plan, Relax, 360, Zona 2, Scores. When she is late, I walk.

Having said that, there is one regular I let get away with it. The sex is just so good. But she is on thin ice, for the seventeenth time :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:40 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

The reason that the chicas demonstrate this behavior is because they have never experienced any significant consequences to make them want to change. They are no different than the employee who is late everyday, because the boss accepts that behavior.

Believe it or not, most of these chicas can be trained. Notice I said most. Why you would want to waste your time doing this to begin with is another matter. I guess if you live down there and find a sweet, hot chica whose only flaw is tardiness, it might be worth it.

The key is to be very clear that you will not accept them being habitually late. You must also make it very clear that you will call another chica if they do not show up on time.

This strategy works best when you are staying at a place that has chicas on site, so the late chica can see you already sitting with her replacement.

I used this strategy once at the Medellin Mansion to teach a late chica a lesson, and Medellin Bob had to physically separate the late chica from her replacement. :mrgreen:

Devo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:49 am 

Bigal211 wrote:
There is a difference between "Tico time" and "Puta Time". I have found that is some situations Ticos can be very punctual, in other situations they understand an appointment to be a general goal and being late is no big deal.

As for "Puta time": I disagree with the 100% rule. I have 4 regulars who are almost always on time, If they are going to be late, even 5 minutes, I get a text. These are all over 25, and see the value of a regular customer and regular income. With only a few regular customers they can generate a dependable cash flow. But I live here.

For a visitor, they see only now. If the previous session goes long, they are late. If they get a call with a NOW offer, they are an hour or more late. They hope you will still be there, but they almost always take the chance. Many have pimps, taxi drivers, Hotel owners, family members, they are obligated to answer those calls first. So more often than not, they are late.

I have adopted a policy of telling unknowns that if they are late, I will not be there. I usually give them 10-15 minutes, depending on how much I want to do her, then I am gone. I haven't found this to make a difference for future appointments, but I now have that reputation, maybe it helps a little. To me, there are too many chicas available to put up with crap. I usually have a back-up plan, Relax, 360, Zona 2, Scores. When she is late, I walk.

Having said that, there is one regular I let get away with it. The sex is just so good. But she is on thin ice, for the seventeenth time :D

+100!! I agree with everything Bigal said!!!! How they treat you (time wise) is very different when you live here! Except (also as Bigal said) there always seems to be ONE who gets away with murder!!!! The thorn in MY side just texted me (after us having a big fight yesterday and the day before). No acknowledgement of there having been a problem, no worries about yesterday!!!! With these putas, the past is the past and never happened!!!! For guys worried about making one mad, DON'T WORRY!!!! tomorrow they will not even remember it (your money is more important in the over-all scheme of things!!!!!)

By the way Bigal, you flying solo today or did she "patch the thin ice"? :roll: :wink: :P :lol: Have a good trip my friend!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:13 pm 

BigAl says: "I usually have a back-up plan, Relax, 360, Zona 2, Scores. When she is late, I walk."

Hey new guys, that is one of the CR Monger 10 commandments.

When dealing with the whores and plans for meeting them for a later engagement, always have a back up chica or plan, especially if you are not living there. Time is golden there and poof, it's over before you know it and your back at SJO. If you get jagged around without a back up, you blew alot of precious time, especially if MP's aren't your cup of tea as a back-up. Guys that live there always have another idea/options.

Cell phones have certainly helped in that regard. Before they all started getting cell phones, which is quite awhile now, you could be sitting waiting not knowing WTF was going on. Few of them had hard line phones, and if they did, it was probably shared with four other households so that was always a pain in the ass, and useless if you didn't have her real name.

So, unless this is a girl you know is reliable, I'd call her a couple hours in advance, and then an hour in advance, because some of them will def jag you around without the slightest remorse with or without the lamest of excuses. No response? Start gearing up for Plan B.

And I like Mkinks thinking, essentially, Phuck you too. :lol:

And yes, she has to know you ain't on Tico time. Tell her that when you make the date--"no Tico tiempo, gringo tiempo", she'll know exactly what's up. Not there on time as planned? Call or text once more if it is that good you don't want to blow it, no answer or no text within 5-10 minutes assuring you she'll be right there, Next :!: You'll be OK because you got a Plan Stan. Slip out the back Jack. No need to be coy Roy. Jump on the bus Gus. :twisted:

Paul Simon, "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover". Hey Jazz, I saved you the trouble:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=298nld4Yfds

Last edited by DGD on Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:11 pm 

I will admit that for us guys who live here (Bigal, DGD, Me, and others, it is very different than for guys who are just here for a week or so. We who live here have the time to create a large "pool" of chicas who (from trial and error) we know will be more or less "prompt"! Guys here for a week do not have that luxury!

Another thing mentioned earlier was the age of the chica, and I will add, "experience". Many of the guys who live here (at least the majority of those that I know) tend to see older chicas (for a reason). Sure when you are an old fart (like me) having sex with a sweet 18-19 year old is something else!!! That is the problem - "IT IS SOMETHING ELSE!!" Never understood how it can be a boost to ones ego when the ONLY reason she is with you is because of what you are paying her. NO matter what she may tell you, nor what you may WANT to think, she is not with you for any other reason!! In almost every case she knows she has you hooked and she can play you, and you will put up with it! You give her no reason to be concerned about loosing YOUR money!! You are afraid you may not find another like her while you are here; on the other hand she cares nothing about you other than your money, and she knows she can find another one with MONEY!!!

Older, more experienced chicas tend (not always) to be more responsible and to be honest, much more interested in pleasing the guy. By older, in general I am talking 25 and over !!! And when you are my age two things come into play: 1- a 30 year old is damn young relatively speaking!!! :wink: and 2- they are more likely to appreciate the business and have learned to not play the guy as much!! And most important, they have learned much more about how to PLEASE a guy and keep him coming back for more!!!! And usually they have learned that being late will not help their cause!!!

All this said, the most important thing in keeping this (chicas being late) from happening is to (as we have all said here) let them know it WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!! Have a back up plan!! Don't give in to their excuses! To do so once is to tell her you are hooked, and YOU CAN AND WILL BE PLAYED FROM THEN ON!!!!!!!!! :idea:

And by the way, as for the older chicas being more responsible, my problem chica (and Bigal's chia also) is over 25 - over 25 in years! under 15 in maturity!!!!! :idea: :shock: :roll: The problem, at least in my case (and I think in his also) is she has the experience to REALLY, REALLY PLEASE a guy and DOES!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:20 pm 

BangBang57 wrote:

Older, more experienced chicas tend (not always) to be more responsible and to be honest, much more interested in pleasing the guy. By older, in general I am talking 25 and over !!! And when you are my age two things come into play: 1- a 30 year old is damn young relatively speaking!!! :wink: and 2- they are more likely to appreciate the business and have learned to not play the guy as much!! And most important, they have learned much more about how to PLEASE a guy and keep him coming back for more!!!! And usually they have learned that being late will not help their cause!!!

+1

Regarding 'Tico time' in general...look how long it took them to complete the new highway to Jaco!

Then again, on the flip side, I remember one time in 1999 I was staying at the Best Western Hotel Irazu (back when they allowed chicas as guests), and they were in the process of moving the entire bar to the front of the hotel. It was about 11:00 PM and they were supposed to have the new bar built by 8:00 or so the following morning. I thought there was no way they could have it completed. When I walked by the next morning around 9:00, the bar was built and ready to be open. I don't know what the incentive was to complete it on time (money or perhaps a penalty for not having it completed?), but it sure worked.

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile, and the rest of us are phucked until we can put our acts together; not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely"...Hunter S. Thompson (RIP)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:41 pm 

Another example of how fast they can get things done is the several large office (commercial) buildings that have been and are being built recently!! Maybe I am imagining things but I honestly believe most have been completed much faster than they would have been completed in the States (from what I saw there in the past). Just between down town and where I live in eastern San Pedro there have been 5 large (5 to 8 story) modern office/ and university buildings started and completed in less than a year and another one started maybe 6 months ago is nearing completion!! Hell the tallest building in the country (28 floors I think) was completed in about a year!! And now they have started adding several more floors on to it on the back over the multi-floor parking garage.

Everywhere you look in and all around San Jose the construction industry is booming--no economic slow down in construction here!!!!!!!! And if they are using a "Tico time" clock, they set it to run very fast!!!! :wink:

Seriously the so called "Tico time" has much more to do with the "working chicas" than with the general population. Even the carteria that everyone likes to use as an example was completed (in my opinion) in reasonable time once it was started (politics caused it to take forever to get started). If you travel that hiway from here to Jaco and really look at the terrain they had to cover, I am amassed they completed it as quickly as they did once construction actually started!!! it just seemed like a long time because they spent years talking about it first!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:17 pm 

BangBang57 wrote:
Another example of how fast they can get things done is the several large office (commercial) buildings that have been and are being built recently!! Maybe I am imagining things but I honestly believe most have been completed much faster than they would have been completed in the States (from what I saw there in the past). Just between down town and where I live in eastern San Pedro there have been 5 large (5 to 8 story) modern office/ and university buildings started and completed in less than a year and another one started maybe 6 months ago is nearing completion!! Hell the tallest building in the country (28 floors I think) was completed in about a year!! And now they have started adding several more floors on to it on the back over the multi-floor parking garage.

Everywhere you look in and all around San Jose the construction industry is booming--no economic slow down in construction here!!!!!!!! And if they are using a "Tico time" clock, they set it to run very fast!!!! :wink:

Seriously the so called "Tico time" has much more to do with the "working chicas" than with the general population. Even the carteria that everyone likes to use as an example was completed (in my opinion) in reasonable time once it was started (politics caused it to take forever to get started). If you travel that hiway from here to Jaco and really look at the terrain they had to cover, I am amassed they completed it as quickly as they did once construction actually started!!! it just seemed like a long time because they spent years talking about it first!!

in most countries, building can proceed as long as the funds are available. Most building projects are budgeted over time, and cannot be completed ahead of the budget timetable.

If the developers in SJ want the buildings up fast, they'll go up damn fast. Roads are govt, and that is always on budget delays.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:22 pm 

Mattyice wrote:
A chica showing up late or not at all is a display of disrespect...

oh Gawd ... you are addressing a group of males regarding a group females that are principally thought of as nothing more than sex objects:seldom giving credit even to their ability to walk and talk. And you measure respect by the sex object's ability to show up on time?!?!?!? :mrgreen:

Post subject: Post Deleted by author
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:31 pm 

Post Deleted by author

Last edited by RoadMn295 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.