www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:55 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

DGD wrote:
Thanks for all the in put. The DNA exchange from here to there sounds like an option, I will call them and see if it is.

If not, I am now really thinking about the wisdom of getting trapped in Tico-legal. When catching up with the board which was alot of fun, I saw a news report a guy posted here about the lab they use in CR for paternity for Ch*ld support DNA issues, issued a statement showing 20% of the time the "putative" father--that's the legal term used in the US for guys like me-- turned out to be not the father.

So something is going on with why 1 in 5 Ticas are doing this, some aren't sure expectably, but 1 in 5 strikes me as pretty high in misconceptions of who it could possibly be in a 3-4 week period? In my case I know there is no way it is me. So, can't figure out why she is doing this, so my gut about CR says there's an angle.

And #2 as per your advice, should I really go and get jammed up? The problem with that is I'd never be able to go back to CR without crappin in my drawers thru immigrarion which I planned to do every year or two from my new home in PR without fear of getting really grabbed in a CR bureacracy nightmare.

I read in the same article I mentioned above about the 13 months of support before I could leave but when would I get it back when the results come back negative? My experience in CR says never unless I am in CR pounding on the agency's door after hiring a lawyer and a bunch of red tape. Could be wrong.

I think the ultimate q is how fast do they get results from the test to clear me. I can do 10 days in CR. My guess is DNA tests in CR is probably more alot more. So can they tie me up?

But for me the real q is if 20% of the tests are coming back as false positives, why are the girls doing this when common sense says 7-9 times, the non putas know who the dad is, and know if its him and not him, and knows it's going to come back as a false positive. Like mine. She knows I am not papa. Or maybe they don't know DNA tests are that dispositive?

Something is amiss.

There's an angle there that the gringo's haven't figured out yet.

Take peoples advice and hire a lawyer

DNA test is 100% accurate (1 in a billion chance of false positive - better chance of a person making a mistake), I do not think that they can do the test until the baby is born. Agree with PVT, 20% are proven to be not the father - 80% only want the test to avoid paying Ch*ld support.

Talk to the embassy and put them on alert as to the situation. If you are the father - via DNA proof - you WILL be held accountable in the USA or CR per an agreement between the two Countries. In the event you are not the father - via DNA proof - you can file suit against the mother (good luck getting anything to stick).

Really not a big deal to get the test done. There are two labs that the USA embassy recognizes and the cost is minimal ($400-500) for 100% accuracy. In order for the Ch*ld Support to stick in the USA, she would have to get the test done by one of these two locations. PM me if you need more information - I went through the process to file for citizenship for my K*ds. Very Easy process. On the Bright side - if positive the road to residency for you is easy :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:44 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Thanks for your input DC. I am not the dad unless she had a 6 month preemie.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:13 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

[quote="DGD"]But wow, it is so out of character for this really sweet person I knew for years. And who I have talked to on the phone 4 times since I left. Never said a word to me about this. I still think a motive may be she may have got pg w/ someone her folks didn't approve of, or worse, so she laid it on me.[/quote] Could also be one of those "badass brothers" or a new boyfriend or someone who sees an opportunity and coerced her into doing it. It will be very interesting what happens next if her parents are notified and asked if they know about it. Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:03 pm 

All the more reason I don't give any of the women in CR my real name. Maybe they could get it since they have my U.S.cell number, but at least they'd have to work for it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:26 pm 

TheStrayCat wrote:
All the more reason I don't give any of the women in CR my real name. Maybe they could get it since they have my U.S.cell number, but at least they'd have to work for it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

Wouldn't be too hard. All they need to do is go to the hotel reception and they have your name.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:17 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Nice post!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:18 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

1-800-ask-Maury!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:56 pm 

Location: I don't know where I'm going, but I sure know where I've been.
I have some experience in this matter. Won't expound too much on the subject. Yes, if you are detained 13 months of support is required in order to leave. In addition, if the k*ds are school age, you will be required to add an additional amount to each ch*ld for those expenses. Going to jail? No. Not initially. However, if, after you receive the official documents and you have not made that deposit in the court appointed bank account within 72 business hours, you will be subject to being taken in to custody.

If you have not been officially contacted to take the paternity test, I would make a few assumptions. First, it was a scam and said chica was trying to see if she could shake you down for $ without actually taking the test. Just the threat of a "voluntary" support rather than going through the courts will get many guys to break down and do it. She will tell you that it will be much less of a burden to pay her directly for support as opposed to going through the courts. May be true and may be false. I am sure each chica will have her own idea of what to ask for. If she told you to give voluntarily, it is likely a scam. If you have refused to give her any money for an extended period of time and you still have not been officially notified of a required test, probably NOT your k*ds. I mean seriously, if she was 100% sure you were the father she would beg, borrow and steal to get your DNA tested so she could ride the gravy train for the next 18+ years. Most girls know the law is enforceable here. So, if she was SURE, you would be notified.

dapanz1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:15 pm 

How does she think it is you. If she is a working girl would she not have had sex with many men since then???

Makes me wonder..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:36 pm 

Florida johny, Congrats on doing your homework and reading thru lots of threads. If you have dug this one up you have been putting in a lot of effort learning the ways of a monger in CR. If DGD is still around please post an update and share with us, if you do not mind, what happened the outcome was with this issue 2 years later.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:01 pm 

OOPs I did not notice it was 2 years old. I wonder if he did not answer the letter and never went back to CR if he would be extradited to Costa Rica by the two governments. There must be many crimes and I wonder if the governments have time to try to extradite everyone?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:00 am 

I am happy you did not take my comment as bashing for digging up an old thread. This board has a ton of great information and you do need to dig a little sometimes. I will never be able to repay all the good things I have learned form CRT and that is one of the reason why I continue to post. I learned a new lifestyle and an unknown happiness thanks to all my travels to CR and the DR. For the record I have done it myself when using the search function but now I always double chech the date of the last post before leaving a comment. I am curious though, how this situation turned out, but it looks like DGD has not posted in a few years so I hope he is alive and well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:39 am 

Thank-you for ur post. I have seen u on the board for a long time and I realize the serious of this. It could be me as easily as u. I do have one question and I hate asking but how do u know it can't be yours? U seem so sure but unless u have had a vasectomy how can u be sure?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:52 am 

I got scared of this happening with Favorite. It never did but I got scared. Need a vasectomy and will have one before I return. Just easier said than done when your married in USA.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:28 am 

I got my vasectomy about 20 years ago and have never regretted it. In the US if you tell the doctor you are married you will have to get her permission in order to get it done. You might want to consider having it done in CR or elsewhere. It really was not that big of a deal but just to be safe you should figure 3 days of recouperation before taking a long plane ride.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next