www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Timeshare novia
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:19 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I know guys get novas and rent them an apartment or house, pay the bills, send them extra money to live on but do guys ever get together and share novias and all the expenses? It's a concept that I have never read about on the board or heard mentioned in the clubs. To me it makes good sense to share a novia. What say u?

Post subject: Re: Timeshare novia
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:31 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Guys do it, they just don't know about it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:34 pm 

I think that this is happening with many of the "fractional owners" having any knowledge. They think they are exclusive owners, but they are not.

"I'm not one those pathetic lietuenant colonels working a silly civilian job, working out two hours a day trying to reclaim a body they lost 20 years ago and four hours a night completing War College by correspondence in a sad attempt at colonel. Tyler Durden told us [i]'Self improvement is masturbation[/i].' My mid-life crisis is going to involve a new sports car, or the zoftig redhead with daddy issues in accounting, or better yet, racking up frequent flyer miles going to Pattaya."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:40 pm 

I realize that it happens unknowingly but does it happen knowing? I'm pretty sure that a couple of years ago I was doing it unknowing. Wish I'd known the other guy or guys we could have worked together.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:41 pm 

JTF-Bravo wrote:
I think that this is happening with many of the "fractional owners" having any knowledge. They think they are exclusive owners, but they are not.

This is right on the mark. I think a girl would be smart to be cool with that, but they are usually lacking in common sense. Also, you would need the benefactor to be honest with himself as well and a lot of guys don't want to do that. If that were possible, there would probably be way more harmony in the world......lol

I think you may be on to something.

the DR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:56 pm 

2 or 3 rich guys, a smart girl and everyone could be honest and happy. Maybe I should contact Hollywood. Charlie Sheen could be in this show. Call it 2 1/2 men w/tica
Seriously...anybody know of such in SJ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:10 pm 

Someone mentioned how the mind of a chica is a swirl of ilogic and emotions.

If they agreed to this arrangement, it would mean that she would have to rely upon her several patrons to be reliable and honor their committments to a standard they themselves would never hold themselves to.

Also, it would mean that they would have to stop lying to themselves and admit that they were a professional courtesan. And as a professional courtesan, they would, in exchange for relying on the fractional owners, they would have to be available when one of them comes into town. That would mean no impromptu beach trips with friends, no flaking out, no made up excuses, and making sure the Tico boyfriend disappears when one of the fractional owners comes to town. This is an almost Prussian level of discipline for some Ticas.

And finally, it would mean giving up their hope that one of their patrons would swoop in like Richard Gere for Debra Winger at the end of "An Officer and a Gentleman," or like a knight on a white horse, waving a fiance visa, and carrying them away to the land of the big PX. A fractional owner, knowing that there were as many as 11-23 other monthly or half monthly members of the club, would not view her as a good marriage material.

I am reminded of the "yobos" of Korea in the 1960's, 70's, early 80's. NCO or junior officer flies into South Korea to start a one year unaccompanied tour. At the air port, while waiting to be picked up by a rep from the Replacement Depot, he is approached by a middle aged local lady with a brief case. After inquiring where the GI was going to be stationed, she would pull out a binder with pictures of different apartments located just outside the base. Different sizes, different layouts, some with Western heating and furniture, some local han-dol heating (the floors are heated) with Korean style furnitures and futons.

If the GI was amenable, then the mama-san/ajiman would pull out another binder. This one with pictures of cute Korean women. An arrangement could be worked out where you got everything-AND-the-girl for your one year tour. She was usually a college student who, for sharing your bed, maintaining your boots and uniforms and field gear, and basically playing house wife, would earn enough to pay for a couple of years of tuition.

You were expected to turn over your housing allowance, and use your meal allowance to buy groceries for the two of you, as well as whatever hard-to-come-by on the local economy but easy to get at the base commissary or PX items for her to sell on the black market. (Sometimes it was marachino cherries, or rice, or corned beef, or liquor.) If you could get her make up or some other treats from the PX, she would be estatic.

Often, these girls had learned English in high school and college. Often you would get a girl that had never done this before or had nor worked as a bar girl. By being a live-in girlfriend and not a exactly a sex-worker, per se, if you did fall in love with your yobo sayo, it was not hard for her to pass a background check and get a fiance/spouse visa.

The authorities tacitly encouraged these arrangements because Congress did not want to build more on-ba$e housing, it kept the VD rate low, and made for very stable living arrangments. The last thing they wanted was to allow GIs to bring their spouses and offspring to Korea, supposedly because North Korea could attack at any time, but actually because allowing more than 1/7th of th GIs to bring families with them would have meant building schools, hospitals, rec facilties, OB/GYN clinics, nurseries, day care centers, etc.

"I'm not one those pathetic lietuenant colonels working a silly civilian job, working out two hours a day trying to reclaim a body they lost 20 years ago and four hours a night completing War College by correspondence in a sad attempt at colonel. Tyler Durden told us [i]'Self improvement is masturbation[/i].' My mid-life crisis is going to involve a new sports car, or the zoftig redhead with daddy issues in accounting, or better yet, racking up frequent flyer miles going to Pattaya."

Last edited by JTF-Bravo on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:17 pm 

I like how you point out that she would expect the patrons to live by an agreement that she could never live by herself. That is more true than most can even imagine. I still can not figure out why women here in CR lie even when they don't need to lie. And later when caught in the lie they keep lying to make it worse. When if they would have just said the truth in the first place there would have never been any problem. It is like some of these girls are trying to fool themselves about what they do and who they are. It amazes me sometimes.

the DR

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:13 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Good concept Rover! Just wonder if it would work in practice. All guys would have to talk it out and make everything clear up front. No feelings getting involved or jealousy. What if trips should overlap? haha Just thinking out loud. The concept wouldn't be a bad setup if all parties were cool with things..

Post subject: Timeshare novia
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:42 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

JTF-Bravo-

Very interesting. Thanks for your input. I learned something I had not understood before. Great post!!

hj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:23 am 

Dr.Mario wrote:
I like how you point out that she would expect the patrons to live by an agreement that she could never live by herself. That is more true than most can even imagine. I still can not figure out why women here in CR lie even when they don't need to lie. And later when caught in the lie they keep lying to make it worse. When if they would have just said the truth in the first place there would have never been any problem. It is like some of these girls are trying to fool themselves about what they do and who they are. It amazes me sometimes.

the DR

this website needs likes. seriously. this thread i would have left my dna everywhere. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:33 pm 

It is true....they can lie and most of the time it's like dr.Mario said it doesn't even make sense why.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:06 pm 

Lying is just what they know. And drama! Half the reason they lie is to keep constant drama going. The working girl will die and wilt if drama ever stops in her life.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:39 pm 

I guess I can go along with most of this thread but understand (even a working chica) if she is enamored by you and genuinely likes you..they know how to act right.. :idea:

Variations of not acting right is usually game play of some sort, cause if she (really) liked you, she ain't tryna be all stupid.. :|

Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:45 pm 

"Timeshare relationships" happen all the time among consenting adults in non-p4p relationships in Latin America. They are called "amantes."